“Awesome Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Sumner, Washington
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We decided to try Dory's because everytime we drove by there were always a lot of cars in the parking lot...now we know why!! The food is excellent, the staff friendly and efficient. I had the cod, and stuffed potatoes...so delicious. My only complaint was there were peas in my dinner salad that I had to pick out....(.the only veggie I will not eat), and the sunflower seeds were a surprise, but a good one! The portions are huge, I couldn't eat it all!! Will definintely eat here again!!

• Visited February 2014

Cudahy WI
“Strangers to the area glad for a pleasant meal”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had no experience of this area and ended up at Dory Cove less by choice than by happenstance. But it was a pleasant meal, appropriately priced for a modest portion, well prepared but not as fresh as it's location on the coast might indicate. It's casual & cozy but I didn't find the staff particularly welcoming. They did their jobs without being welcoming. It was nice enough but I doubt I would return -- it was just average.

US
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We popped in for a steak special and a cod plate after seeing the menu in our hotel lobby. The drive was a very short one and we were hungry after a long swim and soak. This little spot is casual but has a nice, cozy feel inside. The service was friendly and prompt and our food was better than expected. Large servings at a bargain price. Fit our needs nicely, we left full and happy. Steak was well prepared for a budget plate special and the cod was grilled nicely. Both had many sides from which to choose. A good choice for an inexpensive, family style, casual meal.
There are other places for a couple looking for a quiet or romantic meal, this one is for casual convenience.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't recommend this place for crab.”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Had sautéed crab that had to have been previously frozen, lacked flavor and was rubbery. Such a shame for the OR coast. Was a very expensive dish and was terrible. Waitress was very friendly but food, not very good.

1 Thank Syd503
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Expected better.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had the fish-n-chips special. I had clam chowder and wife had salad. The fries were very good and plenty of them. The fish was done right, but we both experienced a moldy taste in them. Although they were edible, it did not give me a feeling that they were washed or refrigerated properly. Clam chowder tasted good but lacked substance...mostly soup with hardly any potato or clams in it. Salad was good. I was disappointed overall as I had heard good things about this restaurant.

1 Thank David S