“wasnt impressed”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We ate here for dinner on our last night at the beach. We hadn't been here in a long time. Everyone was pretty disappointed. We were all hoping for a nice seafood dinner. I guess its our fault for not looking at a menu before sitting down. No crab legs, lobster tails.. anything of that nature. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest and the restaurant itself could use some updating. We wont be back here again. Service was OK but nothing special.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is my second review on the new Dory Cove. In the last, I mentioned that they needed to pave the parking lot. That has been taken care of. Food still great quality for the most part. My husband's scallops were a little dry and the wonderful side salad wasn't quite as fresh as I would have wished. Other than that, everything was tasty and well prepared. I especially want to mention a really good waiter, Daniel, who helped us at two different meals. Very attentive, friendly and even made suggestions for leftover fries. If you are lucky enough to have him, you will agree with me.

1  Thank Esther O
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been coming to Dory Cove since about 1985. It's experienced a lot of negative transition (primarily the fire that forced a move from a lovely location to a dreary and dirty hole in Lincoln City's worst part of town). They used to be 5 star all the way. Our favorite destination place. Stood in line on Saturdays at 11:30 for an hour or so. So worth it. Ambiance was top notch. Then it started again in its current location :P and it was good when it reopened as [forgot transitional name] but then went steadily downhill over the insueing years. Bathroom through a smelly, dirty kitchen (stepping over lettuce spilled on dirty, uneven tile, going around staff loitering against the wall) and then past a dirty little shop selling fish and such. Yuck. Brought handicapped brother and dad and they were miserable. As the food and service continued downhill, we found other restaurants, sadly leaving our previous favorite behind. This last visit, we took a chance after not going for about two years, and it was indeed better, they even were running a lunch special, which made it possible for us all to try a fish dinner we hadn't had there in many years (even during the decline in quality, the chowder stayed good). It was tasty (not five star, but good)! And chowder was still one of the best. Still a horrible location and still have a nasty trip to the bathroom (how on earth does this place pass health inspections???). Still can't give it more than 3 stars, but up from 1 star two years back. And let me say something that has hampered the quality of this place: this nasty, mean old woman who has ALWAYS (since 1985) been the hostess. Even back then she was mean. And over the years she's just gotten meaner. My mom came in about 4 years ago to order take-out chowder for my brother who was terminally ill, and she wouldn't wait on her!!! Obviously owner's family (probably mother). If they had replaced her 25 years ago this would be a better restaurant!

1  Thank CObeachgirl24
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Been coming here for years, sporadically, back when they were tucked away but now they are on 101. Packed at lunch. Clam chowder is thick, has lots of clams, great flavor. Our poor waiter tried to carry 3 and ended up spilling, burning himself to spare us. He was very nice and so were the others. Oyster crackers. Now for the bad news, the prices- HORRIBLE, fish and chips $20+, burgers $8 or 9, even the kiddie menu like corn dogs were horrible prices. Portions did not justify the cost. You can drive over to J's Fish and get a basket for $8-10 that would cost you $20 here. Adequate parking. Appeared to be clean. Decor was eclectic/cheap. Building offered nothing. I can't figure out how they can charge these prices. Sandwich board outside says $3.95 breakfast, might want to try that. Exiting is challenge in busy traffic, no light.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

When ever we come to Lincoln City, Dory cove is a first choice when we want seafood. The Captain's Platter of Shrimp, oysters, clam strips and cod,,a lot of food, and all excellent. Service was prompt and friendly also.