“Not a quick stop.”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Food was pretty good but portions are small. Ordered clam strips that cost 14.95 and got about 15. Kids meals were definitely the best bet on the menu. Chowder is still good and service today was great. Food took a long time to get and you could see that servers were working hard. If you plan to eat here, don't expect a fast meal.

There are newer reviews for Dory Cove Restaurant

Reviewed 28 July 2014

What used to be a fairly decent restaurant at one time has gone down hill - last time wasn't too bad so went again this year and confirmed we would never go there again - slow service, poor food, thought it was Mrs. Paul's frozen shrimp - yet some rave about it and continue to go there - too bad there are many better places.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The server was very good. The clam chowder was good. I've seen many reviewers say the chowder was horrible and I don't know if the quality was different the day they went or what. One lady even complained that she was from the NW and has never seen butter put on top of the clam chowder...can you say air head? Ever been to Mo's? I can remember being served chowder with butter on top 40 years ago and ever since. She claims it's popular in the NE but not in the NW. I was raised in the NE. It's Manhattan clam chowder back there moron. and no butter.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here for lunch before we went home. We got seated in the back part of the restaurant which only had a few other people who shortly left so it was just the two of us. I thought it was a little expensive but the food was good. I had scallops and fries with a cup of chowder which had a good amount of clams in it and my boyfriend had a grilled cheese because he doesn't care for seafood. Overall I liked it, but wished we had sat in the main dining hall that had painting on the wall that added the the dining experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a great little seafood restaurant. My husband had the beer battered crab legs, and I had the lightly breaded scallops. They were both delicious. It was the first time we had ever heard of battered crab legs, but it was great.