“Wow, I could not have imagined it would be so fun”

Jennifer Sears Glass Studio
Ranked #7 of 25 Shopping in Lincoln City
Davison, Michigan
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wow, I could not have imagined it would be so fun”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First I must say that the only reason that we stopped at Jennifer Sears Glass Studio is because of the great reviews I found on trip advisor. Well let me tell you, they didn't disappoint! My wife and I had an absolute blast as we made a couple of paper weights and blew a bowl for our house. The staff was simply wonderful, explaining each step of the process and they gave great guidance as we chose our colors for each project. We each made a paper weight, then we blew the bowl together. We had them ship our projects back to Michigan so we didn't have to carry them on the rest of our trip or worry about packing them on our flight home. We waited about 2 week for them to arrive and loved them when they arrived. The color changes as it cools, so we really did not know what the finish product was going to look like. This is a must do if your in the area.

Visited December 2012

Burleson, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Bucket List CHECK!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Blowing glass has been on the top 10 of my bucket list for years!!! I had tried to get in touch with a glass studio in Newport Oregon but they are apparently " closed for winter hours " the day my husband and I drove thru & the woman that corresponded with me on email, Robin, disappeared and stop responding to me. I cant describe the disappointment we felt however, once we entered Lincoln City off Hwy 101 we passed by Jennifer Sears Glass studio and you could see a big sign that let you know they allowed outsiders to blow glass! ( exactly what we wanted ). So we walked in without an appointment or even knowing it was there and were greeted with friendly faces. We told them we wanted to blow glass and when we told them we didn't have an appointment the guy looked at us and said, "Well we can either let you go for it in 5 min or it will be till 4:30pm till we have an opening." We immediately said YES let's do this and within 10 minutes of passing by the studio, we were gloved up ready to blow!

They take you thru the entire process from start to finish and explain what's happening and why we had to do things a certain way etc. We chose to blow a float with a flat bottom so it could be set on a table or displayed somewhere more easily. We paid $80 TOTAL to have the experience, plus they shipped the piece we made to our home address so we didn't have to worry about breaking it during travel.

What's cool is they let YOU design your piece so that's very personal and it gives more meaning to things once you are finished with it.

They have more expensive options than the floats and we have already decided each time we drive thru this city, we are stopping to add a new piece to our collection! Kudos to JSGS for making us smile and helping us cross another item off our bucket list!

Visited October 2013
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A great keepsake to take home.”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

After not being able to find a glass float on the beach, we headed to Jennifer Sears. What an awesome experience. The employees are very helpful and they take the time to walk you through the glass blowing experience. They ask a lot of questions to be sure what colors you want and what the float is supposed to look like when it is completed. Once you get the process down, you can really customize your creation and come out with something very unique. No two are alike. An awesome experience for the entire family.

Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Hands on glass blowing experience is amazing!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I am not a very creative person and always enjoy an experience where I get to pretend I am. The team lets you know what decisions you need to make up front and help you and educate you every step of the way. I also enjoyed the fact that they were just nice and informative - not over the top phony. I am excited to pick up the piece I made and see how it turned out - where I unusually could usually leave whatever I made wherever I made it and never care to be reunited!

Visited August 2013
Snoqualmie, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Newbie Glass Blowing”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Hubbie & I booked glass blowing times today; he made a starfish and I made a large float. The staff were terrific & actually getting to work w molten sand was AWESOME!!! Can hardly wait to get our treasures tomorrow - would do this again in a heartbeat!

Visited July 2013