“Good service”

Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Breakfast and lunch 7 to 3 Thursday thru Monday. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We offer traditional breakfast and lunch fare at reasonable prices with great service.
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast. The food was pretty good and the service was good also. The waitress was attentive and didn't charge me for the coffee I didn't end up liking. Our hotel made it sound more remarkable than it was, but it was still good breakfast food and service.

1  Thank April D

Reviewed 8 April 2014

So my wife and I came here on Sunday Morning the 6th of April for breakfast. She had the basic eggs and bacon, I had the stuffed French toast with sausage patty. Now my wife's bacon was cooked till it was literally dead! I mean, is was hard as a rock, and almost inedible. I have never seen bacon served to someone that was that bad. Now for the sausage patty or maybe sausage bite. You pay $ 1.50 for a sausage patty the size of a silver dollar. Really? It was almost burned on one side and was ok flavor wise.The stuffed French toast was so so, and our waitress never asked us if we wanted anymore coffee. Maybe you only get one cup for 2 bucks.

We will not return!

1  Thank Del W
Giveityourbest, Owner at Nelscott Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I'll have to agree that Sunday the 6th wasn't our best day. We were much busier that expected and were short staffed. There's no excuse for you getting served sub par food however. I can only ask that if you're in our area again that you contact me, Don Williams, and I will happily treat you to another meal that I hope will please you.
I will share your review with the kitchen and wait staff and let them know how we let you down.
Thank you again for your review, please don't hesitate to tell staff about your displeasure. We want to get it right for you. Don

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Well, the food was good, but nothing to write home about.

I chose this restaurant based on the gushing reviews on TripAdvisor. I honestly don't get the hype. It's a cute little restaurant and the food is ok (I had the three egg omelet and country potatoes), but it's not spectacular in anyway.
My partner said that the coffee was worse than the coffee at the hotel we had just left - and that says it all, I think. To me, it looked weak.

I'm not saying it was terrible, but I'm also not saying it was superb. It was average. That's all.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Best french toast ever. Delightful waitstaff and quaint setting. We will go back whenever we are in Lincoln City.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We chose this small cafe based on other folks reviews. . . and they were not wrong. The Nelscott Cafe is a small "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant that delivers on delicious food and comfortable atmosphere. The home-style hashbrowns and french toast are wonderful . . well worth the effort to seek out this little gem. Not to mention some really quirky and fun shopping can be had on either side of them. Check out the Nelscott Cafe.