“Buffet Nightmare”

Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Siletz Bay Buffet serves prime rib every day. We offer tribally caught salmon and you can watch the native fry bread being prepared at our live action station. A wide selection of desserts is here for your delight. Sunday Brunch showcases a chocolate fountain and you can choose to add "bottomless" sparkling wine or mimosas. On Fridays, it's a vast Seafood Dinner including crab, steamed clams and a variety of treats from the sea. We invite you to stop in where a buffet is "better at the beach!".
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have never been to Chinook Winds Casino before and since we were spending our 25th anniversary in Lincoln City we thought we would eat dinner at the Siletz Bay Buffet located upstairs in the Casino. It was Friday so the dinner buffet included a variety of fish items. The carving station included prime rib and cedar plank salmon. The salmon was dry and overcooked and the prime rib was also dry and overcooked. the other fish items included steamed clams and mussels which were ok along with some deep fried items like shrimp and oysters. The fresh beans were overcooked and the corn on cob was ok. the salad bar was good and there was also Dungeness crab legs. The desserts were not very good. A little pecan pie was so hard you couldn't eat and a nanaimo bar tasted like the sugar wasn't all mixed in. The soft ice cream machine was already melting when it hit the bowl. We didn't try the cook to order station but the three things they offered were not appealing to us so it may have been ok. The service was slow to bring new drinks and pick up dirty plates. Overall I would not recommend eating here.

1  Thank Alan B

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We feel that this buffet has never been as good as the one just inland (Spirit Mountain), but overall it's been okay over the years. This time, we both ordered from the fresh "cook to order" station and were pleasantly surprised -- the food was great!

They offer sautéed shrimp any way you like it and have several vegetables you can add. They also offer fresh pasta, either cooked with the shrimp or by itself. You can add veggies and chicken and/or beef to the pasta if you like. Or have some of each all together. In short, there are dozens of combinations available and if they are not too busy, it takes only about 6-8 minutes to prepare.

I had shrimp, mushrooms and cheese, then added some very thin rice pasta. It was delicious! The fellow was friendly and efficient.

The rest of the buffet was solidly average. The salad bar is quite extensive, there were several kinds of veggies (admittedly most tasted canned), the ham in Dijon sauce was quite good. I sampled a couple of fried shrimp and they were decent enough for a buffet. My husband said the prime rib was not outstanding but good. He had asked for a thick slice, but the guy either ignored him or didn't hear him . . . we think the former :-(

The dessert selection is fairly extensive and lots of the items are small, so sampling bits to taste works out well.

Overall, thanks to the "cook to order" station, we rate this as a Good to Very Good. At about $15 per person, it's very reasonably priced. You do have to go through the smoky area to get upstairs, and sometimes still smell faint smoke in the restaurant.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I go to this buffet every time that I go to the Oregon Coast. This buffet by far is some of the best food that I have ever ate at a buffet. The staff is always vey nice and friendly and always provide me with great service. I have ate all 3 meals here and was never disappointed. For the price it is a wonderful value. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I use Tripadvisor all the time, and under normal circumstances would have avoided this place like the plague. Because I was with about 30 family members for a weekend reunion, I tagged along. Poor quality food and a dirty mess. Pasta bar was the only good thing I ate. Servers don't pick up dirty dishes in a timely manner either, which tends to CROWD the table. We waited an hour and a half, after being told 3 times it would be about 15 minutes more. Had I been alone or with my husband, we'd have run for it. Wish I'd gotten a coffee and a snack downstairs in the casino!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We visit this buffet almost every time we visit Lincoln City. Although we're not big gamblers, and thus don't hit up the slot machines and gaming tables, we enjoy the variety of food served at the buffet.

They had a chef who prepared customized quesadillas, very tasty. And the desserts are wonderful; I had to have small portions of several different items!