“Great Place to Stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Historic Anchor Inn
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I made our second journey to the beautiful Oregon coast in May 2013. After a long drive, we looked for a place to stay in Lincoln City, and my wife mentioned the Anchor Inn as a place of interest. When we drove in, we immediately felt at home. Misty was absolutely gracious, very accommodating and found us a great room for the night and at a reasonable price to boot. In addition to the room, free popcorn, and movies of our choice, was made available: so being romantics, we took up the offer.

Our room was very arty, eclectic, comfortable, and quiet. Of course being animal lovers, we were impressed with the cool dog paintings in our room. In addition to the paintings, the room came with a living area, a small but efficient kitchenette, fresh whole coffee beans with grinder, a nice comfy bed, and bathroom. The main building and dining area is decorated with interesting collectibles that will appeal children and grownups alike. Those who are history buffs will appreciate the Anchor Inn’s abundant maritime and naval artifacts adorning its warm walls and cozy rooms—And most definitely the place Hemingway would have loved as well.

Sadly, we only could spend one night at the Anchor Inn; but before leaving, we had a full breakfast, which was delicious and served by Misty, who kept our coffee cups full. We look forward to staying there again in the future. Until then, we hope the Inn will never lose its eclectic, arty charm.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank D_MDetw1

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This hotel is really cool hotel. So many artifacts artifacts old photographs of Lincoln city real cool place highly recommended. Each room has a unique style going back to the 20s and 30s very reasonable price great breakfasters great dinners you should try this hotel highly recommended. friendly staff very family oriented century located in Lincoln city beaches.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank HappyHorseMan2
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family and I stayed one night in the two bedroom cabin #12. i did not enjoy the road noise all night. We did enjoyed the vintage feel, but did not enjoy the hard mattress, pilled sheets and flat lumpy pillows .The staff was very friendly and welcoming.. I feel like with a few upgrades, this would be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank GorgeGal921
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My sister recently passed away unexpectedly and as I reflected on her life and this, our mutual favorite destination, I felt moved to write a review of our experience at Lincoln City's Historic Anchor Inn.

My family has stayed at the Historic Anchor Inn more times than I can count. From the first moment I laid eyes on the whimsical decor, the enchanted hallways, and the intriguing nooks and crannies of this hidden treasure, I was in love. I know this will sound like an impossibly overstated report, but there really are no words that would be adequate to describe the profound affect that this place has on the spirit of it's guests.

Kip is the owner of the Historic Anchor Inn and he is the Visionary responsible for the creation of such a unique sanctuary. Bringing to life a Vision like this is truly an art, and Hospitality is the medium. Kip's efforts are perfectly complimented by Misty and the rest of the support staff. More than a team, they seem to be almost family, and they treat each guest as such as well.

Traveling in the United States, and also internationally, is a predominant part of my career. I have stayed in some of the more unique and prestigious destinations available. Nothing has ever compared to the visits I have cherished at the Anchor. More than a place of lodging, each opportunity I have had to stay has touched my soul. There is a substance to every corner of the property. I have had the privilege of sharing my discovery with my family and friends over the years. They have fallen just as deeply in love with this incredible respite. (It really wasn't a hard sell.)

I have confidence that anyone who enjoys an authentic retreat from a sterile and corporate society will find the same to be true for them when they stay here. There seems, to me, to be something divinely inspired, perhaps even "anointed" here. The only sad truth is that places like this seem unlikely to last forever.

I would hope there would always be a Historic Anchor Inn sanctuary for life weary travelers and refugees. I am soberly aware this seems unlikely. All good things must come to an end, they say. I sincerely hope that this may be that rare exception. But you should not take that chance.

I would urge anyone to experience this place for yourself while you still can. Slow down. Let it's historic "haunted" hallways draw you back to a less complicated time. Let the surroundings touch your heart with Peace as it has mine. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the Lodge is best if alone or on a romantic trip. Families will love the Family Cabins...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank xtdirector
Reviewed 29 October 2012

LOVE THIS PLACE! Old world charm galore. Please make sure you tour the property prior to staying. Either it's your cup of tea......or not. AMAZING FOOD when the kitchen is open. Only place around like it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank supremechannel
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Excellent and AFFORDABLE place to stay for both families and couples! We stayed in the two-room cabin with 4 adults and one toddler, and I was pleasantly surprised at how awesome this place is. The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming, the decor is charming (our cabin had a "horse" theme), and it was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. The feel is more home-style/b&b. Don't stay here if you are looking for luxury, but do stay if you want cozy, clean, and affordable within blocks of the beach. We have paid much more for less in other motels. The free breakfast was also fantastic, not to mention you can check out movies for FREE from the lobby, and there is always fresh popcorn and melted butter for guests as well. We are so happy to have found this place, and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: The 2 room cabin #12 (I think) is the closest to the road, so there is some noise. It didn't bot...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank em_newlywed
Reviewed 5 October 2012

If you can do with out the pool, fitness room and spa, this is the best kept secret on the Oregon coast. Awsome rates year around, complimentary breakfast, no cost movies, and cool nautical and retro decor. Just a short walk from the Roadhouse 101 Bar and Grill with live music on the weekends. Great Motel with great value.Hope it never closes!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple