“Funky surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Historic Anchor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Historic Anchor Inn
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Homewood, IL
“Funky surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The inn was listed in lonely planet guide book and was intrigued. The owners are friendly and helpful. I couldn't even book a room until she showed me the room. After a local draft in their bar, a superb recommendation for dinner on a Monday night. We returned to our eclectic room to watch a free DVD and fresh popped popcorn. Complimentary breakfast was Swedish pancakes, chicken enchiladas or fish tacos. Delicious. Don't miss this place if you like quirky, friendly places. Doesn't have all the amenities of a Hyatt, but it's not supposed to. It is what it is and it's a blast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim_Sue_Darren_Greg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place is absolutely awesome. It's a whole museum. Our room was clean and unusual, which we loved.
Breakfast was delicious as well. We had deep fried tilapia and tortilla tacos. Pancake came as a meal as well, without fruit. I wish it wasn't deep fried since I prefer a healthy breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 104Angela
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice people, but the accommodations were sorely lacking. Their website doen't show pictures of the rooms so we were unaware of what to expect. We stayed in a small (very small) bungalo:
What we liked... Dog friendly, great area behind the Inn to walk your dogs, friendly staff, convenient location. What we didn't like... At times noisey as it's close to Hwy 101. Small bedroom (barely able to walk around the bed), bed was somewhat uncomfortable, NO outlets in the bathroom, small dark shower, no shelves anywhere, the mirror is over the toilet not the sink (didn't bother to shave!) As the bungalo was small in size, it made it difficult to store suitcases and a cooler out of the way. Parking is not convenient, you can unload somewhat close to your unit, but then have to park elsewhere. Not being able to view other units I can't speak for all, but number 3 is not for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank barnesddd
Newbury Park, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I didn't know what to expect at this place. Boy were we thrilled, once we stayed. Jim, ck us in, did the tour, baked the cookies, was waiter in the morning. Owner/chef, Kip has created a very eclectic, fabulous place here. This is not for a high maintenance person, but it is very fun. Our cottage didn't have any outlets in the bathroom, bummer

Room Tip: The cottages are a little old fashioned. I was told they are for pet owners and families The main b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sclbfly
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I can not say enough about the Historic Anchor Inn. The only thing this property does not have is an ocean view. Everything else is wonderful. Let's start with the first point of contact. We have a home in the area, and were informed due to a project on 101 that we would be without power for up to 10 hours overnight. My dad was going to be with us on that night, and wears a C-Pap machine that requires power. They gave us a "great" rate for my parents and were so kind. Upon check-in they walked us through the place and all the amenities. The next day they were so accommodating for breakfast with dietary needs. The owner and his daughter along with the entire staff was flat out amazing. The property is a menagerie of antiques, with each room decorated differently. I have paid 5 times as much at other establishments, and no one has ever reached the level of customer service as those at this Inn. Thank you for all you did to make my parents stay a great one. I will recommend you to anyone I come across.
Debbie Z

Room Tip: We had a cabin....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank GR8TRAILBLAZERFAN
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I jus got married, we did jus the court house wedding and used to live in town. My in laws decided to get us a place in town and let us spend a night together as newlyweds and keep the kids with them. We checked in before we left for newport. NOT what we were expecting! Drove by many times and wouldn't have ever thought so nice!! Loved the feel of it and all the old things inside. Great staff and we loved the room!! The bedroo. Was seperate from the sitting/living room and had a small fridge sink coffee maker coffee grinder and a microwave. The way they did breakfast was cool, resturant like feeling they make a couple different options n you pick what you would like. They are fast as well, also they welcome locals as well but show up early so they cook extra and you pay only $5.00!! What an awesome idea!! We loved it and want to stay every anniversary even if we live in town or not!!! Thank you all can't wait to see you again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dummergirl
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had a very nice one night stay at Historic Anchor Inn. It's a very fun, some might even say funky or quirky little place. The Inn is an older place, I think the front desk people told me it was originally built in the 1930's or 40's, but everyone has been update for modern convenience but to still retain the old style charm. I loved the decor, lots of art work, lots of knickknacks, lots of antiques and memorabilia cover most every surface, including the table tops in the breakfast room! Lots of old books, maps, and historical stuff in the main sitting room!

The Inn is kind of U-shaped with the two arms pointing out to Highway 101 and containing 5-6 rooms. The base of the U is two stories and contains the front desk, the breakfast dining area and several more rooms. The inn is on the hillside just 3-4 blocks south and uphill from the main downtown area of Lincoln City, and is also on the inland side of the hill, so no ocean views, but great views of the ocean are just a block or two away through the park-like backyard of the Inn.
I had a room in one of the sections out towards 101, but my room was next to the main building so it was very quiet, nor noise from the highway at all. My room had a nice little sitting area with a couple chairs, coffee table and tv, the room also had a little breakfast nook with a small table and two chairs, a full size refrigerator, microwave, small sink, cupboards, and a coffee machine. The room had a small bedroom just big enough for a queen bed, and a small bathroom with shower. These are older building and have been updated but it obvious that many of our modern luxuries didn't quite fit into the 1930's structure. The bathroom was a step up from the rest of the unit, so e ceiling height was a bit low, I'm 6ft tall and it was fine for me, but if you're much taller you might have some problems. Everything was very clean and worked well, bit the shower was small, it was cozy for one person, would be impossible for two, and might be a problem if you have issues with claustrophobia.
They gave me a tour of some of the rooms in the main building, and many of them are larger with higher ceilings.
My room came with breakfast, it was a simple breakfast, two choices, the day I was there the choices were a breakfast burrito or pancake and eggs, with juice and coffee, it was all homemade cooked to order, I had the pancake and it was excellent, the biggest pancake I've ever seen!

The staff were all very friendly and very helpful, lots of interesting knowledge and history about the Inn and Lincoln City.

If your looking for a sleek, shiny, huge, luxurious modern room, with a jacuzzi tub in your room this might. To be the place for you, but if you like quaint cozy old style places with lots of history and character you'll love the Inn. I really enjoyed my stay, and my only regret was that I didn't plan my trip better and could have spent a couple more nights at the Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo