“This was a hoot!”
Review of Mor Art

Mor Art
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: MOr art is a Fused Glass Studio we do classes from tue. To sat. 10 am to 5 pm and Sun. 10 am to 4 pm. The classes are from 1:30'tom2:00 hrs anything flat is ready the next day . SHape glass is ready in 2 days ( Like a plate, platter bowl etc. we are available by reservation only so please call. First Thank you MOR ART .
Portland, Oregon
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“This was a hoot!”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My daughter and I did this and had so much fun. For $25.00 you can create a masterpiece. It does take one day to process your work so be sure not to visit on your departure day. Maurice is really great! If possible I would recommend taking a picture with you of what you would like to design. Really fun thing to do. I will be back again.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank travelsaavy52024

Ellensburg, Washington, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Give It A Try! It's fun!”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Never saw myself creating "fused glass" art, but my husband talked me into it. The owners Dan and Maurice are very gracious and talented and seem to enjoy what they do -- helping people like me make something memorable to take home from my Lincoln City Visit. Lots of choices; lots of help and patience, and reasonable expense. I will definitely do this on my next visit.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Sue A
Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect Activity”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

What a terrific way to end a perfect vacation! We made both the coasters and the larger flat piece and picked them up the next morning on our way out of town. The work table was filled with people from age 8 to in their 70s and everyone was completely engaged in their own project. No prior training was necessary. Maurice was very helpful and entertaining. The project was fun, the price was extremely reasonable and the rave reviews on our finished projects when we got home were completely unexpected. You can bet we'll try our hands at glass fusing again the next time we're at the beach. [Christmas or birthday gift-making perhaps?] We were walk-ins on our first experience and the table filled fast, so will try to make a reservation the next time in case we're more pressed for time.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Oregonrambler39
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“perfect vacation activity!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Maurice and Daniel were wonderful. This was a surprisingly easy and rewarding activity. The kind of thing that most of us wouldn't do in our home town and the perfect kind of thing to try while on an adventure. This is something even self-proclaimed "not creative" people could do. The guys are extremely helpful and encouraging (not to mention entertaining) and I would HIGHLY recommend a visit to this studio.

The one down side is that it might be a bit pricey and possibly out of people's vacation budget if they are looking for spur-of-the-moment activity.

Good things to know before you go in and get started:

The project prices start at $25 -which I think is entirely reasonable for a set of 4 personally-made coasters or a 6x9 "plate." Prices go up from there and they pretty much jump to $85 and contiue to rise. They don't allow you to split the project up among mulitple people. Meaning- you can't go in with 2-4 people, pay $25 and each work on a coaster or two of your own. A set of $25 coasters is a single person project. If you each want to participate, you each have to do a seperate $25+ project.

If you are planning to take these home with you and are in Lincoln City for a limited amount of time, keep in mind that your project will take 8-plus hours to fire. And if you just drop in without a reservation, any groups who come in with a reservation get priority on the... kiln?? (the firing boxes) so if you are leaving town before they are finished firing, you will have to pay to have them shipped to you. The guys at the studio can't tell you how much it will cost to ship because the shipping place charges based on weight and the zip code it is being shipped to.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank gullybird
Albany, Oregon
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Hands on art classes - affordable and fun”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We found this place through Groupon. They offer glass projects from $25 on up. Great for ~8year old kids on up. We did the class as a couple and had fun with no prior art skill or training needed. They kiln your design producing a melted image the following day for pick up. Allow about 2 hours.

Great guidance from Dan and Maurice. Lovely works for sale too.

Visited February 2012