“Clean, Clean, Clean”

America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We went for a long weekend and our primary requirement was a clean room. Absolutely met by this motel. Also nice staff and we enjoyed our stay.
While the breakfast was simple, fruit bread, cereal, bagles and waffles, everything was fresh and nice and served from 7:30 til 9:30 so we could go shop and hit the beach as well. We spent most of our time out of the room but the bed and sheets and towels were clean and it was a pleasant room with big TV and movies available.
We would go there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2011

I was delighted at the hotel's "non-smoking" rule. The room smelled fresh and clean. The room and bathroom were spotless and well stocked with towels and other necessities. There was a coffee maker and supplies, a generous refrigerator, and a spotless microwave. Although we did not take advantage, the hotel also offered a hot tub, washer and dryer, and a movie library for the entire family. The breakfast was wonderful, thanks to the lovely lady who made waffles for anyone who wanted them, and the gentleman at the front desk was polite and offered information on local businesses. All this, and at a bargain price. All in all, we could not have had a better get away

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We were in town visiting a sick family member and needed an inexpensive option. Our first night was great, as the rooms are spacious, clean, and cheap. On the second night the owners and their extended family had a party in the lobby until about 2am, creating enough noise that we could hear them at the other end of the building. When we talked to them the next morning, they denied that anything had occurred and told us we could have asked for a change of rooms, which would have been impossible since the hotel was full. Both the manager and the owner suggested that our best course of action would have been to take our two young children and leave in the middle of the night. They refused to offer any recourse except a small token discount on our next stay, which will never happen. Mostly I was extremely disappointed to have been treated so rudely and without any sympathy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank medialyte
ABIlincolncity, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2011

We are sorry for the noise, we had a family check in late with children and they needed a roll-away bed in their room. Nobody said anything that night about there being any noise from us movie the bed into the room and in the morning we offered to compensate you for the disruption. We are sorry about your sick family member and we do our best to accommodate all our customers needs and provide a quite nights rest. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you will reconsider staying here in the future.

David
Americas Best Inn & Suites
Lincoln City, OR 97367

Reviewed 23 May 2011

I reserved my room online with no issues (hotels.com). I called the day before I was to arrive to confirm they got it and they did. I made a couple changes (added 2 kids and requested a second floor) with no problems, however, it sucks they charge $5 on top of your room charge for kids. Not a big deal though, the friendly receptionist (Tammy) made it worth it.

I got to the hotel to check in, was greeted by Tammy and we proceeded to check in. Once I was walking out the door I noticed my room number was for the first floor. I turned and asked Tammy why I got a first floor when I specifically called in yesterday to reserve a second floor, she said "We are really full right now, sorry about that." I was pretty frustrated but didnt let it ruin my day. I even saw on her print out from my online reservation that she wrote down my request for the second floor. But I guess that didnt count.

We got into our room and were extremely surprised by the cleanliness of the room. Literally, everything was shiny clean. I have been to a lot of hotels and have always found a surprise in each of them, but thankfully we did not here. There are no funny smells, weird stained areas, or any amount of dirt/dust. This hotel was very clean.

The only complaint that I do have (besides the second floor issue) is against the people who stayed above us (not the hotels fault). They used the microwave from 11:45pm until about 1:15am....not sure what you cook that long in the micro, but dang that's gross. It was like they had 50 tv dinners to cook or something. Hallways were pretty noisy around midnight as well. We were right next to the front lobby, so Im not sure why the receptionist didnt ask people to quiet down.

The hotel descriptions were not up-to-date online. My room (103) had a hair dryer, shower cap, and not many towels. The hotel has a sauna and a hot tub. I dont think those were included online. Breakfast wasnt bad either, waffles were GREAT but everything else was 'eh. You could choose from waffles, bagels, cereal or toast. Most places have muffins, sausage, eggs, waffles, bagels, cereal, toast, french toast...

Overall, we will go back and we do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor. Its your best bet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Friendly staff that was very polite. Hard to beat for the price. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Staying at the coast in the Winter can sometimes be challenging with the weather. We chose this motel because it had a spa and sauna as my daughter has fibromyalgia and needs to keep as warm as possible.
We knew after an afternoon of shopping at the Outlet Mall, that she would need to take a very hot bath or soak in the hot tub. (that is why we reserved rooms here)
The water in the shower/bath was only tepid... AND the hot tub and sauna room was closed off because it was needing repairs.
When we asked the owners of the hotel about this, it was a OH WELL, SO SAD, SUCKS TO BE YOU. attitude.
There was no I'm sorry, nothing. Just a blank stare and a "It's broken" response.
When we asked for some type compensation, it was a loud "NO WAY"
First and last time we stay at this place

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Holly2081
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This started out being a fairly nice place for the price. My boyfriend and I stayed here 3 nights. Housekeeping barely spoke English, barged in without knocking on one occasion. Bed was uncomfortable. The gal at the front desk, Cory, was really sweet but the rest of the staff don't really speak English and are rather rude. Last but not least, I left my laptop in the dresser of the room and called a couple hours after leaving, and they have no clue where it is and refuse to even comp the room so I can get half towards a new one. I will be filing a police report as well as a complaint with the better business bureau. If you choose to stay here, leave all valuables at home! I DO NOT recommend staying here though. It's irritating that they don't give a crap about their staff stealing.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank trainergirl85
ABIlincolncity, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2011

Guest privacy and security is very important to us. This is why all rooms have electronic key-card locks. Once locked from the inside nobody has access to the room, including housekeeping. Even if they have a key the door must be still be unlocked from the inside by the guest. Also as soon as a guest checks in to the room no previous key-cards will work providing even greater security over regular keyed rooms. If any valuables are left in the room they are placed in a bag, tagged with the guest information, and placed in our lost and found. Providing a safe, secure, and enjoyable stay is our goal and how we all make our living here, theft of any kind would never be tolerated. We are sorry you cannot locate your computer, I assure you we immediately checked the dresser and everywhere else in the room when you called and did not find anything.