“Shearwater Inn”

Shearwater Inn
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The hotel has good beach access, and being in the center of town makes it easy to get to restaurants and shops. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have wine tasting in the lobby sitting room and they also allow dogs if you are travelling with pooch.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hugh M
There are newer reviews for Shearwater Inn

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a wonderful hotel to stay if you are discovering the Oregon coast. Staff is friendly and welcoming, room was spacious with king size bed, fireplace and cozy sofa to,relax. Breakfast served in your room. If you sleep with sliding door opened you can hear the waves crash . Walking distance to.lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: With balcony on higher level
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pinktrim4
jennifer-westover, Owner at Shearwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We turned up and booked in with no reservation and no real knowledge of the area as we had just picked the town off the map after a cruise from Seattle. As soon as we saw the room we went ahead and booked for 3 nights.
The hotel has been recently refurbished and was really nice, spotlessly clean with a king size bed jacuzzi bath and a great view of the sea.
They have a nightly cheese and wine hour which gives a chance to meet and chat with other guests which was really good and started each evening off really well. They also do a continental breakfast delivered to the room which was a nice way to start the day.
All of the reception staff were really friendly and helpful, especially Danny who kept me up to date with the Euro football results as well as advice on local dining.
If we are in the area again we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the flor the better the sea view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter B

Thank you! We feel our staff is exceptionally accomodating!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was initially hesitant to stay because the hotel is located in a busy area of town on a busy beach. I'm so glad I was tired from beaching it all day so I just took the room. It was a very very relaxing stay. Every interaction with hotel staff from my first call to my checkout was pleasant and meaningful.

The evening wine and cheese social was great, they were so kind to my dog and I that I'm thinking of staying an extra day. My room was fully prepared with the lights on and classical music playing. The basket and treats for the pup was really a nice touch. And who can top breakfast delivered to my room!!! They seriously have thought of everything.

My room was huge, and the bed was luxurious. The view is spectacular from my 3rd floor balcony and traffic noise was surprisingly minimal. The jetted tub and fireplace made my evening.

This IS a great bang for your buck. $109 per night including my pet deposit was a steal!!

I would like to thank all the great staff for taking the time to make me feel so pampered and cared for. Thanks guys I will be back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Thank you! We'll continue to provide 4 star quality at affordable prices.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. A very friendly and polite staff that delivered breakfast to the room. The view was great with a gas fireplace next to the window. Wine in the lobby at 5:30pm was fun. The rooms are spacious and very clean, you do not find a hotel with all of this at this price any place. My wife loved the bathroom and the jacuzzi tub.We will stay at the Shearwater again very soon, one last thing parking was undercover for us.

Room Tip: be on the 5th floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tom b
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I stayed her in April 2012. We stayed 2 nights. We actually stayed on the bottom floor and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It had a european feel, bed was comfy, down comforter, an inviting gas fireplace, 2 arm chairs and table and a desk. It was very nice. I absolutely loved my breakfast being delivered to my room, bagels, hard boiled egg, juice, coffee, hot chocolate...I loved the evening get together where wine was served, generously...cheese and crackers and a visit with the managers who were so welcoming and interested in us. I think this place is a diamond in the rough. Our view was ok and I imagine up on the higher floor with balconies it is better. The only thing for us, the TV was a bit small...that is all.. I know they are going to renovate and change the name...Please leave the wonderful european flavor and the managers! They are very wonderful people! Can't wait for out next vist...Ray and Heidi

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! We will continue to renovate The Shearwater while maintaining it's special charm.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We had several people tell us of this place when we mentioned our route south on the Oregon Coast. It was a bit of a challenge to find the path to it (you can see it from HWY 101, but its not that simple).
This place was Wonderful! Off the entry foyer there is an elegant library & sitting room where a truly admirable wine & cheese was served that evening.
Our room was a bit cookie-cutter, but Very clean, with a fireplace & a little balcony.
The bathroom was Divine with a jacuzzi tub.
We chose our breakfast selection @ checkin & the time we wanted it delivered...in retrospect, I wished I hadn't put down 8:00 :)
Would I come back here? Absolutely!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PNWlover

Thank you for your comments! We'll continue working on our signage.