“Wonderful Visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Longview, WA
“Wonderful Visit”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had a wonderful two night stay at the Shearwater Inn at the end of September. It started with a friendly check in. The room was great and they have lots of little extras that make this a perfect place to stay. A room downstairs is full of books,has a three ring binder with many menus and there is wine and cheese each evening at 5:30. Each room has an ocean view. They take the continental breakfast to another level....and it is included in the price...take advantage of it. I travel a lot. Everything about the place was very nice. If you are so inclined, fully stocked kitchen. I highly recommend the Shearwater Inn.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite. Nice big bedroom and living room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suevik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We returned to the Shearwater Inn (previously O'dysius) recently. It has been given a "face lift" which includes a new color of paint on the outside, new furniture in the salon, new drapes, and new beds and bedding in the rooms. The bed was so soft and comfortable I hated to get up in the morning.

It appears that all of the nice touches including continental breakfast and afternoon wine tasting have been retained!

We were concerned about making reservations because there were new owners. Needless to say, our concerns were unfounded. Also, as a bonus, room rates have been decreased.

Room Tip: The fifth floor is our favorite as it allows you to view the ocean without the surrounding buildings...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank PaddyCakeOregon
Sherwood, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My 3 month old daughter and I really enjoyed staying here for 1 night. The fifth floor room view was amazing & we enjoyed listening to the ocean on night. Being able to pick your breakfast and have it delivered to your room at whatever time you want in the morning was wonderful. They were on time, polite, hospitable and made our stay very peaceful and enjoyable. We also enjoyed the wine hour in the evening with local wine cheese crackers salami, etc where guess get to meet the managers and staff as they serve treats and treat you like family. It was nice to have a fireplace in the room as well and be able to walk from the front doors to the beach quickly for sunset. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank CrystalVenturas_expe
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Upon getting to the hotel, I am greeted by a kind and personable staff, and a wine and cheese social. It was a great way to start a amazing weekend. Breakfast was included each morning at the time of our choosing. There is easy access to the beach with restraunts within walking distance. The room we were in had a great view of the ocean through the large sliding glass doors that go out to your own private balcony. The fireplace next to the sliding door is a great place to sit and enjoy a sunset or curl up with a bottle of wine and just listen to the waves. It would be a spectacular view to watch the storms roll in as well.

All around a great small hotel with a courteous staff and comfortable rooms. I will certainly be going back in the near future!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Dpease81
portland
Reviewed 9 September 2012

this hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the beach. we took our dog and they were very accommodating with water bowls and treats. I would definitely return here next time we are headed to lincoln city.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pdx07
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My first and last stay at this overpriced hotel. At check in there was no greeting or anything to indicate they were happy to have you there just the sober young desk clerk ordering me to "read and sign this" as he pushed a copy of their no smoking policy across the desk. There were two men behind the desk while I was struggling to maneuver my luggage on the rack and while they did look over at me they could not be bothered to assist me. The room was ok but the view of the ocean was minimal and primarily consists of the hotel across the way and while Kylo's restaurant is right there so is the early morning noise of garbage trucks and delivery trucks. When I asked for house keeping to come in to change linens and leave fresh towels because I had a guest arriving that evening (this was my 3rd night) I was told by the supervising house keeper that they had to do the reservations first. This was at 3pm and I had been out most of the day. Then, when my guest did arrive and after they had settled in, as we were leaving for the evening we were witness to the manager banging and I do mean banging on a guest door and he was accusing them of smoking and threatening to kick them out. There was no odor or other evidence of smoking. After four nights I requested a noon check out (check out at 11:00) and there was no thought or consideration just a rapid fire no, "we have to get the room ready for in coming reservations". All in all it was an unrestful and uncomfortable stay at the Shearwater Inn and I would not consider a return visit there. I chose this hotel because I was making a last minute trip at a busy time in August and the hotel I prefer was booked and I needed a pet friendly place. $747.00 for 4 nights and not an ounce of service. At check out they did not inquire as to how my stay was and simply didn't seem to care. Don't let their fancy web site fool you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Connie N
jennifer-westover, Owner at Shearwater Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
We regret that this guest left our hotel not feeling 100% satisfied with their stay. Offering exceptional customer service is always our #1 goal at Westover Inns. Since purchasing this unique hotel in April, we have made multiple improvements, but providing great customer service is always our top priority. We hope that this guest will give us a chance to make it up to them!!
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As another reviewer said, this is a very sociable hotel. Every evening in the lobby there is a
wine, cheese and salami hour for all the guests, and we are talking full glasses of wine, not
just a taste. The hotel itself is lovely, rooms very nice, all with an ocean view, fireplaces in the
rooms, spacious, well appointed. The staff is very nice and accommodating. There are better
ocean views to be had, but the view is fine and the proximity to the beach is good----you can
hear the crash of the waves and there is a wonderful view looking off to one side of the
very good restaurant that is directly in front of the hotel. There is no more generous complimentary "happy hour" to be had, and that sets the mood for a wonderful stay. Breakfast
in the morning is delivered to your room. Nothing to rave about, but it helps get your day off
to a good start. We have stayed there twice and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Top floor has a little better view than others, but not by much. Entire hotel overlooks a restauran...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends