“a very nice place”

Shearwater Inn
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 November 2013

a very nice place to stay and relax from the rest of the world.
the breakfast at the door was very nice plentiful with a lot of good choices
movies were avaliable as well as books if you wanted them
the staff were all nice with smiles

Room Tip: if you want the best view you should probly ask the highest floor possible
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at The Shearwater Inn last weekend. We've not been completely happy with other hotels at Lincoln City. This one is nearly perfect. It's clean, comfortable, quiet and the staff is super. The breakfast was very nice although we would like it a little earlier, if possible. Being right on the shore, listening to the surf was such a treat. We weren't around for the afternoon wine social but it's a nice offering. We can't wait to go back. All-in-all a great weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The staff acted as if we had been friends forever. Food/breakfast was wonderful and the servers so very kind. Beauty all over the hotel. I loved it, and being out on my own as a widow the first time, this was wonderful. Thank you so very much. The room was a wonderful experience also. Never been in a room that also gave q-tips and cotton balls as a usual thing. Robes were wonderful. Thank you! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I loved my room 4002, so my suggestion would be 5002. Perect view between Kyllos and the other hote...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. The king studio room we got was bright, clean, and nicely decorated. It had a fireplace and a balcony with a great view of the ocean even though the hotel is not right on the beach. Free Continental breakfast is served in your room if you so desire and they have an afternoon wine social.
It's about time Lincoln City has a quality hotel with reasonable prices. We recommend The Shearwater Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Upon driving into the parking lot of the Shearwater Inn, I was pleased at how close its located to the beach. The friendly customer service at check in was quite impressive as we received our directions to the room, information about the free continental breakfast room service and invitation for the daily wine social.

We stayed in the king studio room on the 4th floor and I could not have been happier with the room and location. The view from the room and balcony was breathtaking (arrived on a sunny day), the bed was comfortable and the fireplace was a nice touch at night. The room and bathroom was spotless and its hard to believe they allow pets given how clean everything was.

I definitely appreciated the ample towels that were left for us, the large tub to soak in and the plentiful lighting in the bathroom. Though it was a full house it was hard to believe that we were not the ones staying that weekend given how quiet it was. I didn't hear a thing, no voices, doors closing, people in the hallways, nothing. We will be returning!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was pleased with my initial interaction and subsequent ones with staff at Shearwater Inn. I felt welcomed and encouraged to ask for whatever I might need. My room was comfortable and clean with a separate bedroom which was nice. The bed was very comfortable and it was nice to have a TV there to watch some mindless entertainment before drifting off to sleep. There were several nice touches: first, the afternoon glass of wine downstairs was pleasant and allowed some interaction with other guests. Second, the continental breakfast was tasty and arrived at my door exactly when I had asked it to be delivered. Finally, the spa robe was comfortable and nice to use since a robe is never a priority in my luggage because of the bulk it adds. The living area had a gas fireplace which is always nice given the Oregon coast is typically chilly. There was a small balcony with a couple of chairs and small table facing the ocean. Access to the beach was very easy, and fortunately for me, the weather cooperated during my stay, essentially wind-free and sunny most of the time. I had a good time

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here as part of our road trip. Loved it here!!! Free WIFI and loved having breakfast delivered to our room. We were able to select our time to have it delivered. Fireplace and balcony were nice little extras. We were also there during a major storm but never heard a thing or felt wind through our sliding door. Bathroom had a jetted tub which was great after being in a car all day. AND the beds super cozy. They even had a very nice wine and cheese reception. Looking forward to our next road trip.

Room Tip: Perfect for a couples get away, Pet friendly!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple