“The best!”

Shearwater Inn
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Our stay could not have been more pleasant. Beautiful location on the beach, lovely room, great staff, excellent beds, breakfast in bed. What more could we want? Wine social was a pleasant surprise and opportunity to met other travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I spent a quiet weekend at the Shearwater for his birthday and could not have been more pleased! The staff was so hospitable, the entire facility welcoming and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in our room and the wine in the evening. We needed to feel pampered and we did. Thank you so much for a wonderful, much needed rest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and stayed 2 nights/3 days. It was our 2nd time at the Shearwater and it was again pleasurable. The facility is very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. I only rated the value as average because like every other hotel, the prices get jacked-up for the holidays/weekends, which I hate but it is the retail way. We paid an extra $100 on one of our nights because it fell on a holiday. Otherwise the Shearwater is top-notch! The rooms are lovely and it is run with all the amenities of a 5 star hotel (robes, social hour, breakfast delivered to your room, etc). Although we do not have a dog, I just loved the water bowl out for the pets and a towel bin with fresh towel to wipe off your pet after a walk on the beach. The Shearwater is very attentive to detail and gives every impression of wanting to make their guests comfortable and their stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: All the rooms have an ocean view so I can't imagine a bad room. We have stay in their suite bot...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carideo-Roberts
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We only stayed for one night but really enjoyed our stay, had a room on the top floor and the view was great, just have to look beyond the parking lots. The room was great, loved the tub and the breakfast was good, only thing I can suggest is for the rooms on the top floor to have a real cover on the balcony but everything else was great including the ladies at the front desk

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OregonmommaL
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Shearwater in Lincoln City. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a wonderful view of the ocean. Our room had a fireplace and the bed was very comfortable. We also really enjoyed the wine and cheeze social. We visited with another couple from Eugene and had a great time. Danny at the desk was very helpful and made our visit special.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have lived in Oregon for over 30 years and have stayed at most of the nicer coast hotels. This is by far the best housekeeping staff I have ever seen until you get to the upper 4 or 5 star class. Very, Very clean room. We like to come down every 2 or 3 months and just enjoy a couple of days at the Shearwater. No one here has every been anything but genuinely friendly. We will not stay anywhere else now and look forward to every trip. I agree with other reviewers about the higher rooms being the more attractive choice.
Bob and Rita C.

Room Tip: We like the 2 bedroom for the size and layout
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bob c
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed there Thanksgiving and were up early for Black Friday shopping at the mall. We stayed on the 5th floor, in room 5003 and had the most wonderful view of the ocean. The room was warm, inviting, clean, a little candy dish with taffy. We saw all the goings on with the wine tasting but didn't imbibe on Thursday night. The next morning after we returned from shopping, the breakfast tray arrived with all the food that we had ordered. It was a very good breakfast for the two of us. Unfortunately, I became ill and while we had paid and were scheduled to spend the night Friday, I had to have my husband drive me back to the Tacoma area to the hospital where I was admitted. It was a disappointing end to a wonderful stay. The front staff were empathetic when I was checking us out to make the four hour trip home. My husband told me we would come back to stay as we really enjoyed the room, staff, and everything about the Shearwater Inn.

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors to get a view of the ocean. Our room had a keurig coffee maker which was a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple