“Amazing anniversary trip”

Shearwater Inn
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last week my husband and I celebrated our 5 yeAR anniversary. We have 3 kids so getting away is infrequent and hard to arrange. But we stayed one night at shearwater and are customers for life. They gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne (which I used for mimosas the next morning) it was a quick check in and check out. We got a parlor suite so we had a full kitchen. Our room was spotless and perfect. With a nice deep tub even I could enjoy a good soak (I'm a bigger gal) after my soak I found my husband kicked back on the couch and ottoman. We had a fantastic view of the beach which was a literal 2 minute walk from the inn. We took a shuttle to the casino and back then enjoyed a movie in our room. The little things were part of what impressed me. They were as follows. An awesome free movie library and books too. Wine social continental breakfast which they deliver to your room in the morning. Even a little dish of salt water taffy in our living room to enjoy. Warm cozy robes an extra super comfy blanket to cozy up with while listening to the ocean. Seriously cozy (I wanted to steal it but I didnt) the room was just under 200. But it was a Saturday night and on Memorial day weekend. It was worth every single penny. Thank you shearwater for making our special day that much better.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at this really delightful hotel in Lincoln City. Reception could not have been more helpful, we were drop ins and a choice of three rooms all with good rates was offered. We chose the middle option which was a king size room with a view of the sea. Bed was comfortable room was spacious and with a nice seating area and gas fire with fireplace. Decor is just perfect for the style of the hotel and a nice continental breakfast was part of the package. For us the stay was one of those delightful 'let's try here' moments. Highly recommend this hotel

1  Thank annem18
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Shearwater on our way up the Oregon Coast. At check in they gave us a doggie basket with water bowls, towels and treats. The rooms and beds were very comfortable with beautiful views of the Oregon Coast. Access to the beach along the D River is very convenient. Evening wine reception was very nice. People at the front desk were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on floors 4-5 to maximize view of the ocean.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife & I have stayed in almost all of the Hotels and Motels in Lincoln City and we found the Shearwater Inn to top them all when it comes to extra amenities. The room was very clean with a nice view of the ocean. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the oversized, jetted bathtub. A very nice breakfast was delivered each morning at the time we chose. The wine social each afternoon was a highlight of the day. We met two other couples from out of the area and enjoyed their company. What's not to enjoy when you host pours your first glass of wine and leaves the bottles on ice to help yourself. Many thanks to the friendly staff for making our stay so nice.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view
1  Thank J0eR54
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Booked a room for me and my girlfriend for my birthday. Enjoyed every minute we were there. The complimentary bottle of champagne for my birthday was very nice! Highly recommend staying at the shearwater inn. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Spire149
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We ended up at the Shearwater by accident. We were suppose to stay somewhere else but...... long story short we ended up here. I must say it was the best accident ever! The staff was friendly and accommodating, the rooms clean with a nice view, very dog friendly but didn't have a wet beach dog smell that one might expect at the beach. Also nice was the complimentary wine social everyday and the continental breakfast delivered to our room at no extra charge. We will stay here again, many times over I am sure. Thanks to the Shearwater for making our trip an excellent one!

1  Thank Lisahamm
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Shearwater as we toured the Oregon coast. Hotel was beautiful; comfortable bed & pillows; continental breakfast was tasty and elegantly delivered to the room on a tray. Hotel is next to a restaurant, so the delivery trucks did come by around 8:00 am, but we were already awake, so no problem. It is a short walk to the water. Very windy in the area. Pet friendly & nice wine happy hour too!

Room Tip: King room with fireplace was excellent
1  Thank DONNA W