“This place made me feel like I was home."”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunset Paradise Suite 4 Ocean View Dining Area Beautiful Sunsets
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunset Paradise Suite 4 Ocean View Dining Area
Beautiful Sunsets
I took this pic right out front, off the stair-free beach access!
Sunset Paradise Suite 4
Sunset Paradise Suite 4 Kitchen
I took this from Whale Research Eco Excursions 15 minutes away in Depoe Bay
Ocean View Hot Tub for our guests
Stair-free city beach access across Anchor Avenue
Kiteboarder
Stair-free concrete ramp to beach
Hot Outdoor Shower
Backyard and stone path to hot tub
Backyard deck
Our beach
Crabbing by kayak at Taft beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Val G
Melbourne, Florida
“This place made me feel like I was home."”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I enjoyed my stay tremendously! Weather was perfect! I've already told a few Oregon friends about this website and this rental. Thank you, Connie!

Travelling group: Solo
Mary C
Tualatin, Oregon
“Fabulous place”
Reviewed 5 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We really enjoyed how close this property was to the ocean. We left the window open at night a little and heard the waves crashing most of the night -high tide. The indoor tub was so very delightful. Connie was very helpful to us since my husband has a very hard time with stairs.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Denise W
Madras, Oregon
“Restful 5 Day Retreat”
Reviewed 22 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I needed a get away. We found this condo on VRBO and contacted the owners. We received information quickly. Doug and Connie are on-the-premises owners who are very nice.

We LOVED the hot tub (which was 105!), was a quick walk from number 4, the only unit with a king size bed. Number 5 is next to it and easily accessible to the hot tub as well. We almost went with that one but thought we'd go for the king room. The views were awesome!

This is not a place to go to if you cannot do stairs. There are lots of stairs. I think we counted 33. It was nice for us for the extra exercise; however if you have bad knees, hips or other issues, this may not be the place for you.

Nice kitchenette, complete with stove top, microwave, coffee pot made it feel like home. Wi-fi was quick and cable TV was nice (which we don't have). I felt like Goldilocks and wish the bed didn't have the foam pad on it, but I realize most people don't like beds as hard as I do.

We may try unit 5 next time (as Doug let me into that unit and I felt that bed and it "seemed" a little firmer.) ;)

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The view of the ocean and hearing the waves as we slept. Loved it!
Liked least: Bathroom a little cramped.
Management Response
1 May 2015
Thank you for the nice review!
We do offer a ground floor Suite, Sail On Suite 1, for those who have difficulty with stairs.

Doug and Connie, owners at By the Waves
wenyuyan
Eugene, Oregon
“best place!”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

it is close to the ocean and we really enjoy the view. Also close to the outlet. everything in here is perfect. The owner is really helpful and thank you very much.

Travelling group: Friends
Unknown32...
“Awesome”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

To start my review would I stay in location again: YES!!!! without hesitation.

Top things I loved!

*The price!

*The ocean view…amazing!

*The hosts!

*Comfortable bed!

My first impression when I pulled up was that, the building was older. Parking is tight and there is no spare parking.

We walked into our unit, it was much like the pictures on the website. You have this great view and things are very clean.

The TV is large and rotates to any spot in the room. Which sitting in the recliner before bed was great.

The bed is very comfortable and it was nice listening to the ocean at night.

Another great surprise was how quite the place is. All units where full and I didn’t hear anybody in any other units. I did stay in a upper unit.

Now a couple of things that I had to make accommodations for…

*The front blind would not close all the way. I fixed this by hanging a spare sheet in front of the window.

*We travel for longer stays and there was no place to really hang your clothes…but, I discovered that the storage room was unlocked with hangers and plenty of space to place our luggage and hang our clothes. This really was a life saver or the room would have been really small for a longer stay. I am not sure if this is normally unlocked, but if not during your stay, I would ask the host for the use of the storage space.

*If you are a coffee drinker make sure you bring coffee. You receive a complimentary packet for your first morning.

Breakdown!

Cleanliness - 10

Customer Service - 10
View - 10

Liked best: The view
Friends getaway
Larry E
Stayton, Oregon
“Great place to sty in Lincoln city”
Reviewed 27 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Just had a great 4 day stay with Doug and Connie at By the Waves in Lincoln City. Very comfortable and cozy accomodations with a nice view of the beach. Nice area, great price, great hosts....I couldn't have asked for anything more. I will be back again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great value and close to the beach
Travelling group: Solo
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Scott C
Fenelon Falls, Canada
“The hospitality and view were superb!”
Reviewed 30 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

Doug and Connie were excellent hosts. Their units were all clean, cozy and well managed. Their beach house is just steps from the beautiful beaches of the Oregon Coast, with easy access to miles of water frontage. We spent three very relaxing days in their upper level unit, and enjoyed every minute of it. We would definitely refer friends to "By the Waves"

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the hospitality
Liked least: This unit would not be accessible for people with disabilities.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing