“Best Beach in Oregon”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Salem, Oregon
“Best Beach in Oregon”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We love this part of the beach. There are rocks, so when the tide is out, you can walk out to them and find star fish and all kinds of sea critters and life clinging to the rocks, so take your camera.
The restaurant on the top floor is one of our favorites. The views are great and the food and service is always good. Go early (before 6pm) for the best deals, ask to sit by the window, although all the tables have good views.
The rooms are Condo, so very individually decorated. The beds are very comfortable and Un-Hotel like. Each room has a large balcony and view. You can often ask for their "best deal" and get almost 1/2 off the room rate for some rooms, particularly on non-weekend nights.
Biggest Hot Tub I've ever seen, and it's glassed indoor. The pool is out side, so if it's cold or windy and your brave, go for it.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Always a good choice to stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Stayton
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I spent our 25th Wedding Anniversary there last week. It was amazing, all of the staff were so nice and helpful, and the rooms speak for themselves. This was our third trip to the hotel, and it is why my husband called and made sure it was the perfect room, (as all of there rooms are different). The views from our room,restaurant, and lounge are unbelievable! We had perfect weather, although a nice winter storm would also be a terrific experience as well. They have a nice game room(pool table,video games,etc.), outdoor heated pool, and spa, so it would make a wonderful family vacation location as well. Their restaurant and lounge had reasonable menus and food was fabulous. I would like to thank all of the staff for the wonderful memories and we look forward to our next stay at the Inn! Teresa

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 27 September 2011

First off, I must say it was our 25th wedding anniversary, and I was looking for perfect. When I made the reservations, I mention our 25th, and they had me talk with the assistant manager. All I can say is Wow! She told me that she would place us in one of the rooms that was her favorite. The room was perfect for us, and actually was a bottle of champagne there that I found out later was from my wife's sister and brother in law. From the valet service, to any questions we had about the area, they were awesome and helpful. The Bar and Restaurant were the best, and the Ocean view was a perfect setting for our anniversary. All I can say further is this in my opinion is a 5 star place to stay on the Oregon Coast, and would travel back in a heartbeat to stay again. Thanks to Bernice, and the hotel staff for a wonderful stay. Bruce

Room Tip: Talk with the Assistant manager at the time of reserving, and she can provide the answer for the bes...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle Washington
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed at room 823 a highly regarded 1 bedrm suite, per the front desk. The view of the ocean is incredible, the building and furnishings were circa1960, unforgivable at this nightly rate. These units are independently owned and managed as if you were staying at a regular hotel. The unit owners of room 823 haven't invested anything back into this unit in years, I felt like I was staying at my Great Aunt's apartment.
The unit is clean.

• Stayed September 2011
seattle
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have driven by this place and chosen not to stay there for over 30 years. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite with sweeping views south and the ocean roared right below our room. Beautiful and spacious and very comfortable. The service was very good and the place was well tended. Others in our group had smaller rooms and it was clear the decor varies so do your homework. I would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Vista, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The views at this hotel are incredible and our room had a large deck to enjoy them! The hotel was clean and had friendly service. There is also a good restaurant in the hotel and we had all of our meals there while visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed one night in mid-week during August. The location is the best that the hotel has to offer, not in terms of proximity to down Lincoln City shopping but overlooking the ocean, over a sandy walkable beach.
The room, on the top floor was very dated, maybe 20 years back if not more. No A/C! Sun sets in the pm heated it up and made for bad smell and stuffy air. It had 2 queen size beds as we requested, generous size, kitchenette but very small and just functional bathroom that also had the closet. Bad design!
The decor of the room was almost non existent, old tube TV, a few small windows that could hardly be operated, torn screens. The room "screamed" I'm dilapidated and outdated and so our stay was all about let's get out of here!
Only on the 10 floor they have open corridors, which we got and chilled walking along open areas.

• Stayed August 2011