“Memoriable stay at the Inn At Spanish Head”

Inn At Spanish Head
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I enjoyed my Stay at the Inn At Spanish Head, the room was very nice. The room had great views and was right on the beach so I could take in the sounds and smells of the ocean all day, it was very enjoyable and relaxing. It was obvious much TLC was put into the design of this room. It was a very enjoyable stay but a little expensive, would love to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mcmarkus

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at Spanish Head. We were very pleased and did not want to leave. If our schedule had allowed, we would have extended our stay. We stayed on the first floor and were initially worried about privacy. Our concerns were baseless as we absolutely enjoyed being able to walk directly onto the beach from our sliding glass door. Anything we lost in privacy was well worth the convenience of direct access to the beach. And what a view! We couldn't have asked for more. The room was nicely decorated with a full kitchen which we ended up using on our first night. We simply moved our little table right in front of the sliding glass doors and dinned in front of the beautiful ocean, by ourselves. Brunch at the restaurant on Sunday was absolutely wonderful. Make sure to make reservations ahead of time. We would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We asked to see our room before we settled on one and there was absolutely no hesitation. We did ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

When we booked the hotel, they no longer had 2 rooms but offered us a very nice one bedroom suite with a murphy bed. We could not have been more comfortable. The beach is right there, just take the elevator down and walk out. The sunset was breathtaking, walking on the beach was heaven, and the driftwood was a perfect bench to take it all in. We had a very pleasant dinner at the bar with all kinds of small plates. All in all a very pleasant stay--I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor. The view is better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for labor day weekend, I have to say the view is beautiful, but the room was not as nice as I thought i was going to be (for the price). It was clean dont get me wrong it is just that the appliances and furniture were outdated. Another thing that I didnt like, is that nobody told us that we had to make a reservation to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant, we got there at 9:30 and they asked "do you have a reservations?... well im sorry we wont have a table available till 12;30" so we had to go eat somewhere else.

So, I dont think I going to stay there anymore, next time ill stay somewhere else or ill just go to newport.

Room Tip: if you really want to stay there dont forget to make a reservations to eat at the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Inn at Spanish Head. When I first booked the hotel, I was quoted a price for one night and could not complete the call. I called back the next day and a higher quote was given to me. I explained that the day before it was a lower price. They accommodated the original price! They also gave me an upgrade to a studio apt because it was our anniversary with a complimentary bottle of champagne. Our room was filled with wonderful seaside/nautical themes, fully equipped kitchenette with a living room with fireplace and full size balcony. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was outstanding. Although the pool was outside, it was surrounded by glass so you did not feel the cold breeze. Pool complex was terrific. I would have stayed longer if I could and would return in a heartbeat. We all enjoyed it immensely. Thank you Inn at Spanish Head for making our 31st anniversary so special!

Room Tip: All the rooms have oceanview, but we were on the second floor and our view was perfect
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ABrooklynTraveler
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had an overnight stay recently whilst touring the Oregon Coast. Excellent setting with spectacular ocean views. We had a suite on the 8th floor - spacious, comfortable, fully equipped kitchen, lounger and chairs on the balcony. Very friendly and efficient check in and the guy in the bar was also very friendly and gave some good advice on were to go for the afternoon.

The whole experience was spoiled by the dreadful service in the Restaurant. Despite booking for 8pm, we didn't get to sit down until 8.25 and then had to ask someone 15 mins later if they could take our order. The food, when it arrived was nothing special. When we were just about finished we were informed that the Restaurant was closing and that we would have to take our last drinks back to the room as the bar was also closed. To be fair, they did seem a bit busy that night, but the service was a bit abrupt and spoiled our evening.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We have driven by this place a lot and finally decided to give it a try. Very impressed. Super courteous staff who went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. There are ten floors built on the side of a cliff so the views are all great. Nice sandy beach with easy access and a pool make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013