“It was a dark and stormy night . . .”

Inn At Spanish Head
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Kalispell
“It was a dark and stormy night . . .”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

and I sat first in a cozy lounge and then in my cosy room watching the waves. The rooms are perfectly situated so you can look out at the ocean and forget all the rooms around you. It was well-cleaned, a good size and had a very comfortable bed. I liked the separate fan and light switches in the bathroom. Shower was great, the fridge was a nice surprise. Every staff person I interacted with was extremely pleasant. The lounge had a relaxed feel and the bartender was friendly, polite and attentive. It was a quiet, mid-week April night, so I could take my time, sitting next to the window, with drinks, bar snack and then items from the dining room menu. He mixed a very good margarita.
I used valet parking because of the driving rain and the service was excellent. I also was assured there would be no problem retrieving my car at 5 a.m. if I decided to leave that early. I had a concern about the parking lot being across the road as I had some art items I had purchased driving up the coast in the car. It was not a problem.
I don't know how it would be in mid-summer with a lot more guests, but it was delightful in April. I didn't want to be surrounded by a touristy beach resort town and while the town is there, it doesn't intrude. They have great off-season specials.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Milton, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We didnt have a reservation but had a change in plans at the last minute, and popped in to see if there were rooms available. The staff at the front desk were just awesome. We were allowed to see each room available and pick one. The room was really clean and had a great view of the beach. The hall was quiet and the room was easily accessible from the elevator. We awoke to a spectacular sunrise coming through our shades. We went up to the top of the hotel for breakfast and the staff were very attentive. The beach is easily accessible from the lower part of the hotel, and we strolled the shores for a while.
Great stay and I would absolutely stay here again. Thank you Inn at Spanish Head!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wonderful staff! Everyone was very pleasant, helpful and friendly! We stayed on the 1st floor and walked right out to the beach! We also stayed on the 6th floor for great views! Great place! Great staff!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen55711
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room was clean a tiny bit worn but nothing to be alarmed about. However considering the price it should have been perfect. Our room was on the bottom floor and opened onto a patio within steps to the sand. The beach was clean no garbage. Floor to ceiling patio doors with screen was awesome. The waves put us to sleep at night! Covered smoking area for smokers with a wind block. It was sunny and beautiful! Around 7pm the fire alarms started going off. No one told us what was going on or what to do. This went on for 30 minutes. Staff was polite but didn't go out of their way for you. On the second day I was asked if I was staying there by a staff member, like I was someone who snuck in off the street? That was weird. Other than that we had a great time and all was well. Comfy clean beds. I would stay here again if it was cheaper!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the bottom floor. No elevator ride back and forth to the beach!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Funtobeme253
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2014

From my experience, PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BILL BEFORE LEAVING THIS PLACE.

It took me about 2 hours to get my bill fixed. The rude front desk lady even said me to step aside or leave the place when I demanded to fix my bill. The teenager probably knows math better than this lady who was equipped with computer. Only the other lady from the back office listened to me and tried figuring out if I am right or not. After about 2 hours at the lobby, they finally fix the bill acknowledging that I was right. But nobody said SORRY. Only the parking lot attendant Mark who observed all of this did apologize for them.

I definitely will stay away from the place and suggest the same to all my friends and family who always spend time here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tina98662
Oregon
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We got a one bedroom suite for my birthday and took my parents to stay with us. We were in room 630. It was very spacious and beautiful. The furnishings were comfortable and elegant. The deck overlooking the sea was the largest we have ever seen. Unfortunately the weather was cool, so we didn't spend a lot of time on it, but it was appreciated none the less. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very quiet and clean.

We ate dinner in the restaurant, and the service was excellent and the food was terrific. We had a wonderful time.

The prices for the rooms are on the higher end along the coast. But I don't mind paying for something as long as we receive our money's worth. I felt we did.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OregonAngelwings
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend here. Our room was large and comfortable with a breathtaking view. The staff were polite and efficient. The bar on the tenth floor is relaxing and again has wonderful views. We had the Easter Champagne brunch and it did not disappoint. The assortment of items was excellent and the complimentary Mimosas were yum!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple