“Very Nice!”

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Redding, Ca.
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 23 June 2007

This hotel is on the beach and rises 10 stories up the side of the cliff. We were on the sixth floor with a great view of the ocean. Room had a large deck with lounge chairs. All the rooms face out to the ocean with views. Parking is through a tunnel under Hwy 101 so your car is not near the hotel. Fathoms Restaurant was very poor despite rave reviews.

• Liked — Wonderful View.
  • Disliked — Remote area for parking.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sportphotodog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 15 June 2007

I loved the Inn at Spanish Head. I was there 3 days for my honeymoon. I originally booked an Oceanfront Bedroom. When we checked in we we upgraded to a Oceanfront Studio. We had a room in the 2nd floor and the view was amazing, I couldn't stop staring at the ocean. I did not eat at the restaurant, however, we ordered room service and the food was good. I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — The View
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Coco2007
Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2007

We came to the Inn at Spanish Head for a Phi Alpha Theta History Conference--there were students from over 5 Northwest Universities present for three days of paper presentations. The Inn overbooked the rooms and ended up putting 2 or 3 people in rooms with one bed. I stayed in a room with another student, and we were only given a full-size bed and a couch. I politely gave the other student the bed, thinking that the hide-a-bed would open up and I could sleep there. When I took the cusions off of the couch, I found the bed bike-locked. I went up to the front desk and asked them to take the lock off. They said that they wouldn't do it--that the bed was going to stay locked and I could only sleep on top of it. Please understand---this couch was disgusting. We were on the ground floor of the hotel which had direct access to the beach, and the cushions smelled like a lot of butts in wet swimsuits had sat on it. The furniture in our room was very 1980s, so that's a lot of mildew! The front desk offered me an extra blanket (which looked older than me, and I'm 22) and not a lot else. They seemed really impatient with everyone who stayed there---and frankly, just because we're students doesn't mean that we weren't paying customers. The front desk was completely impolite---at times you could even say mean and spiteful, and their in-hotel restaurant was lousy for the price. The view, admittedly, was nice. Everything else needed a re-vamp. They needed a fresh coat of paint on the walls, they needed new landscaping, they needed new carpet, and they needed new lobby, room, and outdoor furniture. Don't stay here. I wouldn't come back if someone paid me.

• Liked — The view, the beach outside of the hotel
  • Disliked — It was dirty and the staff was mean
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank martinek
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 21 May 2007

The hotel itself is wonderfully located right on the beach. The rooms are individually owned and decorated, the room we received was and average motel sized room with a beautiful oversized bathroom. At $186 for a midweek stay in April, it was overpriced by at least 30%.
The disappointment was the restaurant.
While the view and the sunset were wonderful, the kitchen staff managed to ruin 4 dishes (3 fish, one chicken) all by overcooking .... While one was sent back and replaced at no charge, the replacement was no better than the original.
All in all, with some minor improvements, this could be a wonderful property. As it is, C-.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zmeyer
Victoria BC
Reviewed 20 May 2007

Booked over the internet and saved 40% over rackrate since it was mid week. Arrived late and greeted with a smile. We were on the 2nd floor and could lay in bed and watch the ocean waves. The appetizers in the bar are inexpensive and varied enough for a light dinner with a drink watching the sun go down over the ocean. We decided to stay an extra night and even though there was a large group arriving we were allowed to keep our same room. The king size bed was comfortable, the room clean. Do not suggest the 1st floor as you would have other guests walking by your glass doors all the time. We didn't swim in the pool but it looked clean. There were some renos going on, but there was no inconvenience experienced or noise. We hope to stay here again later in the year, part of their promotions are a 50% off ticket for mid week other than the prime summer months. The hotel is right on the beach and slightly south of town center making the beach a wonderful place for a walk before those appetizers! Suggest taking in the Newport Aquarium in Newport south of Lincoln City, the Yaquina Lighthouse and go North to the Tillimook Air Museum.

• Liked — Great Beach Access, friendly staff, great room
  • Disliked — Room Size
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kentwood
Olympia
Reviewed 29 April 2007

The Inn at Spanish Head is a funny place. Each condo is indivdually owned and decorated by the owner. What you need to remember is that if you get a room that you are dissatisfied with, you just ask for another one. My family has been going to the Inn for probably 20 years. I am always very specific about what type of room and view I want. We always get the one bedroom suite which is very roomy, and can sleep an entire family. The views are spectacular and each suite has a deck where I sit alot of the time I am there. The food has always been delicious and the rooms are always very clean. The last time we stayed there, we weren't satisfied with our room and we asked for another. I wanted something that looked like it was in a magazine and boy did we get just that!! It was absolutely beautiful. So, it never hurts to ask. Just get the web specials (you have to specifically ask for them). They are usually good. It's expensive but worth the trip. Tip: Go to Tidal Raves in Depot Bay for dinner, it is wonderful.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katrina51
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed 3 February 2007

Small rooms. Most of the exercise equipment was broken and unusable. Some small logs/debris had washed up to the bottom step of the stairs going down to the beach. Instead of clearing it away, the steps were taped off so you couldn't use them. For what you get, the Inn at Spanish Head is overpriced.

• Stayed February 2007