“Great View and Great Room”

Inn At Spanish Head
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great View and Great Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

This is a spectacular location! The hotel is right on the beach which is no longer allowed. This is a condo-hotel so the rooms vary. We stayed in the larger condo room that has a separate bedroom area next to the kitchen/living room area.

The sound and view of the Ocean are spectacular!

The service was excellent! The clerk let us see 3 different rooms for our choice. I would highly recommend that you ask to see several rooms as the rooms vary because they are decorated by the condo owner. All 3 rooms were perfectly fine by the room that we choose was exceptional!

We used room service. The food was very good and the service was timely. The view from the room is so good that you don't need to go to the restaurant. Plus you can go out in the city and supply your own adult beverages.

The Inn is expensive so I gave it a 4 for value. However, we got the mid-week, non-busy season discount which is very significant off the summer pricing.

This is perfect for a couple. If you have kids on your vacation, it might be too expensive and not really appreciated by the kids.

This is the best hotel we have stayed in! The only hotels comparable that we've stayed at are the Lodge at Lake Louise and the Rimrock Inn in Banff!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Canby, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

This week we spent 2 nights at the Inn. We can recommend everything about it! From the friendly and courteous people at check-in, to the lovely remodeled room and then of course the restaurant, Fathoms. The food at Fathoms is terrific, we planned on eating there one night but went back again the next evening. So good.
Our room had been remodeled with granite counter tops and an granite topped island in the kitchen area. So handy. All new appliances and everything we needed was at hand! Ours was room 340. We had a great time.
The view of the beach is great in any weather and we walked to Siletz Bay.
It was a great get-away for us!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
paliddell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

I went online a few months ago to search out a spot for my husband and I to spend out anniversary. I used to live close to the ocean but have moved farther away and have not been there in quite some time and a wanted to come back. After searching and searching I found this place. I will be honest when I had read some of the bad reviews I was a bit nervous although I did think some were quite silly since they were based around 'decor' and the price of the meals. Someone even wrote in about the parking??? Which in my opinion is really strange since they have complimentary valet parking if you don't want to walk across the street. As I'm sure they did more walking just looking at the shops around here which are fantastic as well. But i will say the staff are extremely attentive as it is very evident that their goal is for you to have a the best stay possible. Our room (335) was amazing as my only two requests was a king bed and a balcony (not all rooms have balconies). Matter a fact I'm writing this review from my balcony with the waves about 100 feet away. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, coming from someone with a bad back that is saying a lot. We reserved our room with one of the package deals that included a voucher for $45 for dinner. We ended up paying an additional $35 as the plates are fairly spendy, however the food is great. And they do have an early bird special for dinner between 4 and 5:30 where the meals are much more affordable. The deserts looked amazing but unfortunately we had no room. I would without a doubt recommend this place!! We WILL be back!!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I stayed there with a Road Scholars group. Our room was beautifully decorated and neat as a pin. We had a fantastic balcony overlooking the beach and the ocean. The service at the hotel and the restaurant were excellent. We dined in the restaurant often and found the food to be excellent, although the portion sizes were larger than we could eat. It is easy to get down to the beach for long walks. The pool and spa were very clean but lightly used due to the March weather. You do park across the street but can walk there through a tunnel under the road or the staff are happy to get your car for you and bring it to the front of the building. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
albany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I grew up in Lincoln City so I am very familiar with the area. This used to be a 4 star Hotel. My parents were married there. I really wanted to enjoy this hotel but it was awful.

I took my girlfriend there for a romantic night on Valentines day. I ponied up $248 for a ground level patio room. Our check in took about thirty minutes. There was no line when we got there. They did give us a bottle of sparkling wine for the inconvience. That would have been fine if it was the only issue. We got to our room and it was a shock. It hasn't been updated in at least 20 yrs. The base board heater was rusting into the carpet. The bathroom was tiny. The room made it fill like we were staying in a cheap 2 star hotel. It doesn't end there. The dining room was booked so we ordered room service to eat by our ocean front window. The meal took an hour and a half to arrive. It was missing one of the clam chowders. I requested on to be brought back and it never showed. I had a rib eye steak that was ice cold and my girlfriend had soggy cold fried oysters. We couldn't eat it and ended up getting snacks from a local mini mart because everything was closed by the time this all played out. I tried to complain at check out and waited over 20 minutes for a manager who never showed. I sent an email to customer service and never received a responce. The only good thing about the stay was the extemely prompt valet. Pretty sad...

I am not a person to ever complain. I have never posted anything like this in my life. This was so bad I have to warn other people.

Try the ocean front best western. I stayed there and was shocked how nice the rooms were (tile, flat screens,large bath rooms) and they have a great continental breakfast. Cheaper than spanish head.

If you want more luxury for the same price as Spanish Head go to Salishan Lodge.

Those are my recommendations but any other hotel will be better. The Coho has been totally redone and looks amazing but I havent stayed there yet.

You have been warned!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank ureview
Powell Butte, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

Read a review stating that the hotel allowed pets..this is not true. Perhaps the reviewer confused this wonderful spot with another...but I can't see how. Ulterior motive? My wife and I had a suite with a amply stocked kitchen and balcony. We found the room clean as a pin and the staff friendly and helpful. The on ly downnote is that the resturant is not to the standard it once was. The food is welll prepared and tasty, but rather unimaginitive. what cannot be surpassed are the views and ease of beach access. The free shuttle from the Siletz Bay State Airport is hand as well on the occasions we have flown in by private means. Will be back

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laysan306
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Great location but the rooms were outdated. Our daughter has dust allergies and ended up having a miserable time. Stayed in a room without balconies and the ventilation options were pretty bad. The tiny window opening was covered with rust/dust. The beds were outdated, this hotel allows pets so please be aware if you're traveling with somebody who is sensitive or has allergies.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family