“You will love the view!”

Inn At Spanish Head
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Oregon City, Oregon
“You will love the view!”
Reviewed 1 August 2007

We always stay here at least twice every summer. It is very hard to find a hotel that met our high standards on the coast. It has a wonderful view! I have only had one time where I was displeased with the room and it felt dirty. The rooms are being updated so be sure to ask for an updated room with a balcony, as the top floor doesnt have balconies. But otherwise I love it! The restuarant is awesome with a great veiw of the beach and nice staff. They even know us now. When we go down for the day we stop in to eat. Sunday they have an awesome brunch. The hot tube and pool are great in the summer! One other plus is it is not stormed with tourists it is a quiet beach. They have the parking across the street with valet parking which is not bad at all. You will love this and be happy you came.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank victoriasvintage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2007

Our extended family stayed in 3 units at the Inn as a part of a birthday weekend for 3 members. The keystone of our itinerary was a deep-sea fishing trip out of a nearby port. The Inn was close, comfortable, had great views of the ocean, beaches & sunsets from the balconies, staff were friendly (even at 5:30 A.M. as we left to go fishing!) & the full kitchen in one of the units was the site of much happy cooking & eating. It does make a difference which units you get. A beatifully decorated & comfortable suite is #533 that has a restful beach-y decor & all the amenities you'll need.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank MissKatieSunshine
Seattle
Reviewed 29 June 2007

I have gone to Lincoln City every summer of my life, and have stayed at the Spanish Head for the past three. It is by far the best. We always request the same room on the 8th floor becuase it is clean and the furniture is really comfortable. The view is fantastic, and if you get room service for breakfast, you have to order the danish. I go to the pool every day and relax in the hot tub. It also has great beach access. I'm staying there again this year and can't wait to leave.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
6 Thank duckchick
Redding, Ca.
Reviewed 23 June 2007

This hotel is on the beach and rises 10 stories up the side of the cliff. We were on the sixth floor with a great view of the ocean. Room had a large deck with lounge chairs. All the rooms face out to the ocean with views. Parking is through a tunnel under Hwy 101 so your car is not near the hotel. Fathoms Restaurant was very poor despite rave reviews.

• Liked — Wonderful View.
  • Disliked — Remote area for parking.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sportphotodog
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 15 June 2007

I loved the Inn at Spanish Head. I was there 3 days for my honeymoon. I originally booked an Oceanfront Bedroom. When we checked in we we upgraded to a Oceanfront Studio. We had a room in the 2nd floor and the view was amazing, I couldn't stop staring at the ocean. I did not eat at the restaurant, however, we ordered room service and the food was good. I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — The View
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Coco2007
Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2007

We came to the Inn at Spanish Head for a Phi Alpha Theta History Conference--there were students from over 5 Northwest Universities present for three days of paper presentations. The Inn overbooked the rooms and ended up putting 2 or 3 people in rooms with one bed. I stayed in a room with another student, and we were only given a full-size bed and a couch. I politely gave the other student the bed, thinking that the hide-a-bed would open up and I could sleep there. When I took the cusions off of the couch, I found the bed bike-locked. I went up to the front desk and asked them to take the lock off. They said that they wouldn't do it--that the bed was going to stay locked and I could only sleep on top of it. Please understand---this couch was disgusting. We were on the ground floor of the hotel which had direct access to the beach, and the cushions smelled like a lot of butts in wet swimsuits had sat on it. The furniture in our room was very 1980s, so that's a lot of mildew! The front desk offered me an extra blanket (which looked older than me, and I'm 22) and not a lot else. They seemed really impatient with everyone who stayed there---and frankly, just because we're students doesn't mean that we weren't paying customers. The front desk was completely impolite---at times you could even say mean and spiteful, and their in-hotel restaurant was lousy for the price. The view, admittedly, was nice. Everything else needed a re-vamp. They needed a fresh coat of paint on the walls, they needed new landscaping, they needed new carpet, and they needed new lobby, room, and outdoor furniture. Don't stay here. I wouldn't come back if someone paid me.

• Liked — The view, the beach outside of the hotel
  • Disliked — It was dirty and the staff was mean
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank martinek
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 21 May 2007

The hotel itself is wonderfully located right on the beach. The rooms are individually owned and decorated, the room we received was and average motel sized room with a beautiful oversized bathroom. At $186 for a midweek stay in April, it was overpriced by at least 30%.
The disappointment was the restaurant.
While the view and the sunset were wonderful, the kitchen staff managed to ruin 4 dishes (3 fish, one chicken) all by overcooking .... While one was sent back and replaced at no charge, the replacement was no better than the original.
All in all, with some minor improvements, this could be a wonderful property. As it is, C-.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple