Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed at the Ashley Inn and Suites in Lincoln City, Oregon on February 13, 2013. The service was exceptioonal and included in the terrific rate was a full breakfast with homemade biscuits. The room were very big and nicely furnished. We will stay there again the next time we are in Lincoln City.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Cary-
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to try our full hot breakfast! The biscuits and gravy are my favorite. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We arrived at the Ashley Inn from spending a wonderful night in seaside on our 3 day mini holiday.
As we arrive at the Ashley Inn and Suites we were greeted a “What” when we got to the front counter. While getting the information about our bookings, they placed us in a 1 bed room for 3 of our guest. We were told we would have to pay an extra $10.00 for a room upgrade with 2 double beds which they said they will waive. We now had another issue with the booking. They said we would have to pay $15.00 for the 3rd person, even though we had booked 3 people. We spent almost 30min on the phone with the agency which booked us the room which resulted in them crediting us the extra $15.00 we paid with our Visa to the hotel. After the room was switched, we received a phone call from an employee who inspected our car while we were in our room and immediately called our room while we were un-packing and asked us if we have a pet with us and said they are going to charge us an extra $25.00 fee for having him. Even though the hotel states they are pet friendly Please beware pet owners. Our intent was to keep the dog in the car, as he is not fully potty trained for liabilities etc...

We left the hotel and returned hours later with 3 friends we met in the town to chat and share some drinks. As I entered the hotel I noticed there was a new receptionist who immediately followed us to our room. Once we got to our room I opened the door to shockingly see her standing outside of our room, key in hand about to open our hotel room’s door! She said to us, “you only have 2 guest booked in and you are not allowed any guests in your room. They must leave or I am calling the police.” Minutes later we received a knock on our door and standing outside were 3 police officers. They told us the states laws are the hotel can refuse any person for any reason, so you will have to ask them to leave or pay the $15.00 extra guest fee. Our 3 friends we met left, as they were going to anyways as they had a condo in town. The officers still would not leave until we paid the fee of $15.00 (the one we paid earlier), but officers or front desk never did their diligence, to even check our file. The officers did not allow us to leave our room so I could go talk with the front desk lady (the one who followed us to our room) to try to sort this out. After about 15 min with the police going back and forth to the front desk I picked up the rooms telephone and called the front desk. I asked her to look into my file and she found the note stating we already paid the $15.00 fee. I told the officers she found it they confirmed and left.

Morning time, one of my friends went to try to get the complimentary beverages and was told he must go back to the room or they will call the police again.
We checked our at 10:00am and will never return to the Ashley inn and suites ever again.

Ron Wallace is the general manager. He should not be in any management position.

Room Tip: Aviod Ashley Inn & Suites
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
25  Thank Andrew_DSN
Ron W, General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

The Ashley Inn and Suites makes every effort to provide a calm and friendly environment for our guests. We pride ourselves in customer engagement, and have many great reviews on Trip Advisor and other travel review sites. We are known in Lincoln City as a “quiet retreat on the coast”, and strive hard to ensure that we provide each guest with this experience. We recognize that every situation has two sides to the story and appreciate and validate your point of view. As part of the management team for the Ashley Inn & Suites, we felt inclined to take action during your stay to maintain a peaceful environment for our other guests. We hope you can understand and respect our perspective, and welcome you back to discover just what makes the Ashley Inn & Suites so amazing. Please call me on your next trip to Lincoln City, so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Originally my husband & I wanted an oceanfront room but that weekend was a very busy weekend at the coast, so either all hotels were booked or only really expensive rooms were available. I got a really good overnight rate here for booking online. A very nice gal called to confirm my reservation & ask if there was anything they could do for us during our stay. The entire time we were there from arrival to check out the staff was very friendly & helpful. There is a casino shuttle that goes between the hotel & casino which was a huge bonus! The chocolate chip cookies hot out of the oven were a wonderful treat in the evening! The room was very nice, very clean, & very comfortable. We have bad backs & the beds were excellent! We will definitely stay there again & we recommend the Ashley Inn to all!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Heather-
Thank you for writing us a review. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Even though we are not on the beach, it is only a 10 minute walk from here. Our freshly baked cookies are always a hit with our guests! I am glad that you were able to enjoy them for they are gone quickly. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Staff was very helpful and really tried to get us everything we asked for. The facility was clean and comfortable. My pre-teen girls and I had a wonderful trip even though this isn't right down on the beach..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dorothy-
Thank you for taking time out to write us a great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your compliment to our staff. They try to give each customer the best stay possible. We hope you come and see us again.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

This was a fabulous deal. The room was very comfortable and one of the cleanest we have ever stayed in. The location was good being on the 101. The staff was very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay there on our next visit to Lincoln City.

Room Tip: If looking for one while driving by, look at the curtains. They speak volumes.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Xtine-

Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being located on Hwy 101 does make it easier to be located and for our guests to go see the town. Thank you for your comments about our staff, I will let them know that they are doing a great job. We hope you come and stay with us the next time your in Lincoln City.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you don't mind being charged twice for the visit it's a great place to stay. When I called to inform them they'd charged my bank and credit card both, they were supposed to reverse one of the charges that same day. Still waiting for the error to be corrected. Really! Seems like when someone has your money they like to hold on to it, but when its their money you better have it paid up front.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Dusty M
Sara L, Assitant General Mananger at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your issue. Unfortunately, while we do take care of the infrequent credit card error that comes up on our end in a timely manner, it can sometimes take a banking institution longer to make the fix. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I found a deal on line for $74 a night which they matched rather than me having to book thru a third parry which was nice, however, we paid cash rather than charging our credit card so there was a $100 cash deposit which I feel was a bit excessive. Jordan checked us in and provided excellent customer service. The other ladies we dealt with weren't so wonderful tho.one lady was borderline rude.can't remember her name.housekeeping definitely was lacking. There was dried coffee on the outlets and plug in for hair dryer and wall and door in bathroom was very dirty. There was also some toilet paper shoved in the peep hole! Very odd!
Never could figure out how to use DVD and when I told the lady
at the front desk she did not offer to help. Also t.v. was small- need to update to flat screens!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your review. I have made the appropriate management staff aware of the issues you had and we will be working to make sure that they do not persist. We are currently in the process of upgrading our tvs, with our deluxe king rooms to be the first to have all flat screen tvs. I'm so sorry that we fell short but hope that you will give us another chance. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention.