“Great beds! Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Great beds! Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My friend and I stayed here because we had a nice deal on a groupon. It was clean and the beds were awesome. I liked that the sink and large counter were outside of the bathroom, the shower head was over-sized and up high enough for tall people and there was plenty of water pressure. We never heard any noise from other rooms. The breakfast was above average for hotels that offer breakfast. You could have eggs, pancakes, sausages, biscuits/gravy, muffins, cereal, fruit, juice, etc. There were complimentary cookies or muffins in the lobby and movies were only a dollar. If it had been on the beach or had some kind of view, it would have been top notch. Also, if the regular price was as good as the Groupon, I would have given it a higher rate for value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PickyInSeattle
Supervisor A, Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear PickyinSeattle-
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad that you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us. Our Groupon deals we offer are great and I glad you were able to take advantage of that deal. We do have a variety of special promotions we offer as we as e-mail coupons. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the full hot breakfast we offer. We hope you come and see us the next time you visit Lincoln City.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I'll start with the ONE thing that I was not absolutely pleased with: the shower. The shower head looked like it would make for a highly pleasant shower. Because the faucet (at least in our room) could only control the temperature and not the pressure, the shower was no better than what I have at home. Very slightly disappointing, but not really a problem.

That said, here all all the reasons that you SHOULD stay at the Lincoln City Ashley Inn.

Clean! Everything was clean! I haven't stayed in a place this clean at this price range in a LONG time.

The room was big and inviting. The air conditioner was surprisingly quiet and still effective. The big window gave us a nice view of the parking lot but also of the hills and trees nearby (we were on the third floor, and I liked what I could see from that window). We had two queen beds, a couch, a few tables, and the other furniture typical to hotel rooms. The TV was in good condition and even had a small DVD player hooked up to it on which we could watch DVDs rented from the lobby for $1 each (though we were too busy enjoying Lincoln City for that). The beds were very soft and even smelled clean; the pillows were thick and fluffy. There was even a mini-fridge and mini-microwave.

The room itself was quiet enough. We didn't hear the neighbors except when one little kid got really excited about something, and the ambiance from outside was easy to ignore with the window closed.

The staff was either friendly or efficient. They welcomed us and made sure we had everything we needed. They even called the day before we were supposed to arrive to confirm our reservation and to see if we had any special requests.

There was a good sized pool that was warm and clean. My son and I had a good time splashing around in there. We also saw a hot tub and an exercise room, but we didn't have a chance to use them.

We also had a great breakfast. In a small breakfast room, we could choose from scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits (with or without gravy), pancakes, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, coffee and juice, and even some baked item that was somewhere between a chocolate chip muffin and an angelfood cupcake.

This was a great place to stay. We will likely be back, especially in the cooler months when the rates are lower.

PS: My wife really liked the unique color scheme on the outside of the building.

Room Tip: Third floor has good views. Less road noise on the east end.
Dear HawaiianShirts-
Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our rooms are oversized which makes it nice if you have little ones that like to run around or if you have friends and family visiting. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities we offer to our guests. Next time you stay with us, I hope you get a chance to check out our DVD selection. We have added a lot of new movies to it. We also have added a few more items to choose from for breakfast. I will pass your compliment on to our staff. We try our best to give each customer the best experience we can. We look forward to your next stay with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Brought my pup for an impromptu overnight stay in Lincoln City. Despite my choice of a pet friendly room, there were no pet smells, etc. The room was clean and comfortable, and hot breakfast was included. Meal quality was fair - not what you'd get from a restaurant, but it was hot and tasted fine. Staff were helpful and friendly. All in all, an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Skipxtracer-
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Were only four blocks to the beach and centrally located for exploring the town. I hope that you come and stay with us the next time your in town and try the amenities we have to offer.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel is not on the beach, so don't go here looking for views or easy beach access, but it's a good option if you just need a home base from which to explore the area. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast or the pool/hot tub, but I the staff were very friendly and the $1 movie rentals were nice.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Skipxtracer-
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we are not located on the beach, but we are only four blocks away. We are centrally located for exploring the area, with a few stores and restaurants located with in walking distance. I hope the next time you stay with us, you get to try all of the amenities that we offer! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Oregon Coast!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here mid June 2013. We had a family suite ( a 2 queen hotel room with a large additional king room separated by doors.) It was comfortable for our larger family, but also accommodated my father nicely in a Queen Assisted room across the hall. (He has Parkinson's and uses a walker.) We chose the hotel specifically for the assisted room and the suite. It was a good spot for our family to stay as home base for Father's Day weekend. The staff was great, the breakfasts were above the regular hotel fare (hot items & French toast!), and the pool was fun for our boys. I wish we had time to try out the movie collection. I was happy for the added grab bars and space in the Accessible room's bathroom. My one critique is that I felt the in-room carpet needs to be updated. (And, just a comment in case it bothers you, the hotel is on the highway, so you do hear the road sounds. It doesn't happen to bother me.)

Room Tip: More sunlight on the south side of the hotel, and rooms on the east side away from the highway shoul...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Smallfeettravels-
Thank you for your positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during Fathers Day weekend and that we were able to accommodate your family. I hope that you get a chance to check out our DVD selection the next time you stay with us. We have also added new items to our breakfast. Since we are on the highway and some people that are sensitive to noise we can always put them on the other side of the hotel away from the highway. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I have traveled to Ashley Inn at least twice a year for quite a few years now. There are never any surprises, everything is run so beautifully. From Ron Wallace right down through the complete staff everything is always top drawer. We really enjoy the congenial staff at the front desk and the warmth at the morning breakfast (7 a.m. - 9 p.m. at least). Seems each time we are there our stay becomes longer!

Room Tip: As I mentioned earlier this is a well-run Hotel . . . there are no bad rooms!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Swish1933-
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that you enjoyed your first stay enough to come back and see us the last few years. Ron is a great person and asset to our staff. We work hard to work as a team to give each guest a great experience while they stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

White Salmon, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Ashley Inn in Lincoln City on Friday, 6/21/13. The hotel has a very modern appeal from the outside. Once on the inside I could see that it is an older hotel but that they are keeping it up with remodeling. This is a loved facility and one can tell that the staff and service are fantastic.

Our room was quite large, even with 2 beds we had plenty of room. The beds were comfortable and the furnishing were in great shape. The bathroom was a little small and the vanity was in the main room, but not a stay stopper by any means. The flat screen TV was in a smaller entertainment center and was hard to view from an angle. The front desk staff was great and assisted with directions and others needs too.

The breakfast was more then most hotels will do. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, & pancakes too. They also have DVD players in the rooms and a large selection of DVDs for their guests. They even have a snack section. I loved it because the ice cream selections were priced at or below what you might pay at a convenience store!! $1.75-$2.25 per item was a fantastic deal.

This property is great for families, or whomever might need a reliable, clean hotel for a night or more. The deal I had was with a groupon and I have stayed before with the Ashley chain so I knew what they offer. I was more than satisfied with their hotel/Inn and would not only stay there again, but will recommend to everyone I know who needs a room in Lincoln City.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Supervisor A, Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Ttocsnodrog-
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay and everything we have to offer to our guests. One thing that I love about our facility is that all of our rooms are over sized. We do have a great DVD selection that we have updated with new movies, the same goes for our full hot breakfast. You are correct, we do accommodate for families up to 6 people. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our Groupon deal we had, we do have other promotions as well. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again.