“Super scenery, super staff, sorry shower”
Review of Pelican Shores Inn

and 1 more site!
Pelican Shores Inn
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bay Area, USA
“Super scenery, super staff, sorry shower”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our one-bedroom oceanfront suite was clean and comfortable with great beds, a nicely designed bathroom and a cute little kitchenette, and talk about a view -- heck, you're not just on the ocean, you're practically IN the ocean. Down the steps and onto the sand. All for a hundred bucks a night midweek. The staff couldn't be more friendly, and the whole vibe is really cozy. And the wi-fi is excellent.

But I always review the shower, and this one was like something you'd see in rural China... a sorry little spurt that dramatically changed temperatures in seconds, to ice-cold and back. The apologetic staff assured me that it'll be addressed when the place closes for several months of remodeling starting this fall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
isle of wight
Reviewed 15 June 2014

location right on beach good accommodation separate bedroom ,lounge/ kitchen .the room was clean, coffee reception 24/7. They are closing for refurbish. this year, to add balconies. and internal changes, , that will make the hotel even better .... would return if in area

Room Tip: top floor.
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The view can't be the only thing to bump it up to a better score. This hotel was average overall.

Pros: Michaela at the front desk at check-in was very nice. The view and the 49 steps down to the beach were great. Fast internet. The room was clean, towels were very soft.

Cons: I showed up at 3:30 for my 3pm check-in and was advised my room wasn't ready. Michaela offered for me to hang out in the lobby, I decided to drive around instead.

Once I got to the room I noticed the older hotel architecture. The downstairs patio king studio had a tiny vanity right next to entrance and tiny bathroom. The rest of the room was the size of a standard basic room at say a Hampton Inn.

There is no A/C so the afternoon heat from the glass doors was very uncomfortable, even with blackout curtains closed. In front of the sliding doors were two chairs and a table that I had to move around just to get the view I paid for.

The bed was soft which I like, but I couldn't get much sleep due to the thin walls and neighbors coming in and out at 1am, 4am, 5am, etc...

The shampoo/conditioner/bath soap pumps were a good feature, but were placed on the side wall meaning anyone who turns in the shower bumps into them. Heaven forbid turning around in a shower.

The check-out desk person, didn't get his name, asked how it was and I told him. He advised me that they are remodeling soon and the thin walls should be taken care of. He also gave me a coupon for the same room for $20 less next time around. So that was nice until I saw that the coupon was for February to March of 2015 only. My guess is that $89 a night in February is their normal rate.

Room Tip: Beware the lack of A/C in the entire hotel, try not to get room 105 as it's right next to the ex...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark L
westoverinns, Owner at Pelican Shores Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We are very sorry that some aspects of our property weren't to your satisfaction. We are remodeling in the fall so each room will have additional soundproofing and a new look. The coupon you received may be used for a top floor One Bedroom Fireplace Suite. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Spent 9 days here. It is very clean. We had upstairs room. Loved being able to have beach access, We loved early morning walks on the beach. It had a nice breakfast for us, yogurt and fruit. The coffee was amazing, This was our 2nd time staying there and already have plans for another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room we stayed in was a one bedroom oceanfront, end of the hall.
Before I point out only 3 flaws, I just want to say I'd recommend this hotel to anyone! It's very clean, nice smelling, super comfy beds, and friendly smiling concierge make this place a great stop!
But I only found these (very minor) flaws:
1) The door to the room didnt close all the way. Thank god I double checked! I really had to pull to get it to close thoroughly. Double check the integrity of the door and notify the concierge.
2) We had the one bedroom suite, we basically had 2 doors out into the hall. Now, because I shacked my kids up in the double twin bedded room, i would have slept better knowing there was a chain on the secondary door. I slept in the main bed right by the main door, but a 5 year old can be mischievous. All a kid had to do was turn the handle and sneak out. A little concern from a concerned father.
3) (and this one is actually funny) Next to their pristine in-room coffee pots with honest to god real mugs, not styrofoam!, were little sealed packets of creamer, stir stick and one (yes, literally) ONE sugar packet. For as large as the mug was, one sugar packet wouldnt have put a dent in the overall flavor! I actually laughed hard at that one! There was another coffee pot in the adjoining room (remember: one bedroom suite), so that was both nice & convenient. Still funny though!

Again, I want to say these are all fixable problems upon notification of management. And I would like to say thank you to Pelican Shores for their fantastic hospitality and very nice room. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank DStillwater
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I have just had two nights with the amazingly friendly and helpful staff at this unpretentious but spotless and well appointed motel whose rooms face out onto the beach. We run our own B&B in Australia plus grow grapes and sell our wine so our holidays are spent keeping a critical eye on the B&Bs we stay in. On this trip we have been in the States for 6 weeks and most nights is a new B&B - we can honestly state that this one beats the lot over the 9 states through which we have travelled.
Apart for the ceaseless roar of the sea through our wide-open windows and the long walks up and down the beach via the B&Bs own steps we swam in their heated, indoor pool and on both nights had a BBQ by this pool cooked on the supplied BBQ, needless to say with implements they provide. The pool has a box of swimming play things for kids and there is another box by the steps to the beach for children going to the sands. It is thoughts such as these that show the true caring nature of these lovely people. The freshly prepared decaf coffee for my nightly visits to the office was also a lovely guesture of that simple element so often lacking in this often impersonal industry - caring.
We felt valued and pampered in our room with a kitchenette, microwave and larger-size fridge and a coffee maker in the room as well. I went to the office not just for the coffee but as much for the pleasure of talking to these attentive and interested ladies. Extra pillows and luggage racks were no problem either when requested.
Criticisms are that the internet is slow and needs attention plus we saw NO pelicans and were refused a refund for this BUT were offered a cup of decaf coffee instead so how can one argue?
Highly recommended indeed. Value was also excellent - all this for no more than we often had to pay for far less ie $88 incl tax per night. They also have laundry for guests use for which you pay BUT the powder is provided as is the fabric de-static sheets for the drier.

Room Tip: No room is 'bad' but some are larger and have kitchenettes with plates and cutlery plus a co...
1 Thank Hanoger
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay for our anniversary. The romance package was a nice touch. We were right next to the stairs to the beach and had our own patio to enjoy the sun. It might not be as private on very busy weekends but we stayed a Friday night, so no problems with noise. It is so close to everything that we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king room. There are narrow steps down to the rooms, so those with mobility problems...
2 Thank pacarancher