“Gorgeous, comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver
“Gorgeous, comfortable stay”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here overnight while travelling down the Oregon Coast. Booked a King Suite with ocean view - absolutely blown away!

Our room was a decent size with modern decor and fridge/microwave. The linens were super soft and towels were in good shape as well. Bed was comfortable and even though made a noise when you first sit on it, did not make any noises afterwards. Would have been nice to have an air conditioner in the room, it was supplied with a box fan. Perhaps this will be part of their upcoming renovations.

Beach access was merely a few steps down from the lobby. There is an outdoor pool enclosed in a greenhouse type structure. There are 2 bbq's available for guest use, which is quite nice. Breakfast consisted of muffins, coffee, tea, bagels, cereal.

We didn't have too much contact with the staff, but when we did, they were friendly and polite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family of six had a wonderful experience at Pelican Shores (Jun 13-15) and we will come back after the remodeled period. Our two-bedroom oceanfront suite on the third floor had an awesome view, bedrooms, and bathroom. Only suggestion is a hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Grandview, Washington
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights great value! Front desk people were awesome. View is great! Quiet not a lot of guests,the beach was practically to ourselves! Although the breakfast is not a heavy hot breakfast still adequate for the day. Maid service good but for some reason she would forget to leave us glasses I would have go ask. We def would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
Bay Area, USA
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our one-bedroom oceanfront suite was clean and comfortable with great beds, a nicely designed bathroom and a cute little kitchenette, and talk about a view -- heck, you're not just on the ocean, you're practically IN the ocean. Down the steps and onto the sand. All for a hundred bucks a night midweek. The staff couldn't be more friendly, and the whole vibe is really cozy. And the wi-fi is excellent.

But I always review the shower, and this one was like something you'd see in rural China... a sorry little spurt that dramatically changed temperatures in seconds, to ice-cold and back. The apologetic staff assured me that it'll be addressed when the place closes for several months of remodeling starting this fall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
isle of wight
Reviewed 15 June 2014

location right on beach good accommodation separate bedroom ,lounge/ kitchen .the room was clean, coffee reception 24/7. They are closing for refurbish. this year, to add balconies. and internal changes, , that will make the hotel even better .... would return if in area

Room Tip: top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The view can't be the only thing to bump it up to a better score. This hotel was average overall.

Pros: Michaela at the front desk at check-in was very nice. The view and the 49 steps down to the beach were great. Fast internet. The room was clean, towels were very soft.

Cons: I showed up at 3:30 for my 3pm check-in and was advised my room wasn't ready. Michaela offered for me to hang out in the lobby, I decided to drive around instead.

Once I got to the room I noticed the older hotel architecture. The downstairs patio king studio had a tiny vanity right next to entrance and tiny bathroom. The rest of the room was the size of a standard basic room at say a Hampton Inn.

There is no A/C so the afternoon heat from the glass doors was very uncomfortable, even with blackout curtains closed. In front of the sliding doors were two chairs and a table that I had to move around just to get the view I paid for.

The bed was soft which I like, but I couldn't get much sleep due to the thin walls and neighbors coming in and out at 1am, 4am, 5am, etc...

The shampoo/conditioner/bath soap pumps were a good feature, but were placed on the side wall meaning anyone who turns in the shower bumps into them. Heaven forbid turning around in a shower.

The check-out desk person, didn't get his name, asked how it was and I told him. He advised me that they are remodeling soon and the thin walls should be taken care of. He also gave me a coupon for the same room for $20 less next time around. So that was nice until I saw that the coupon was for February to March of 2015 only. My guess is that $89 a night in February is their normal rate.

Room Tip: Beware the lack of A/C in the entire hotel, try not to get room 105 as it's right next to the ex...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark L
westoverinns, Owner at Pelican Shores Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We are very sorry that some aspects of our property weren't to your satisfaction. We are remodeling in the fall so each room will have additional soundproofing and a new look. The coupon you received may be used for a top floor One Bedroom Fireplace Suite. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Spent 9 days here. It is very clean. We had upstairs room. Loved being able to have beach access, We loved early morning walks on the beach. It had a nice breakfast for us, yogurt and fruit. The coffee was amazing, This was our 2nd time staying there and already have plans for another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple