“not very comfortable beds”
Review of Siletz Bay Lodge

Siletz Bay Lodge
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I took my grandkids aged 5 and 11 to the Siletz Bay Lodge Saturday March 24 for an overnight stay. We chose the hotel because it is right on the bay and we like to go clamming for purple varnish clams. Well, we got there and the people were nice. The room was adequate, and clean but very outdated. Old microwave with dial, had a fridge, old style tv, and very hard beds and pillows. I thought there was a pool, but there was only a hot tub. We had a room with 2 queen beds. There was a little loveseat and a coffee table which was nice. The view of the bay was wonderful. It is right next to Mo's, which makes it nice. The hotel is not staffed after 10 pm, which is a little unnerving. The continental breakfast is waffles, cereal, bagels and cream cheese, muffins,juice and coffee. That's ok.

Room Tip: If you don't mind hard cheap beds, then it's a great place. Bring some food, because there...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels and this one was better than I expected based on the other reviews. I stayed here because my sister-in-law picked it because she thought the price was good for a room on the water (at less than half the cost of a similar room on the ocean in Seaside). We stayed in a corner room (301), so our room had two windows, one overlooking the bay and the other overlooking Mo's and the ocean. I thought the location was perfect for what we wanted to do, as it's right on a beach. The carpet in the room seemed new and the linens and towels were very clean, which is one of the most important things to me in a hotel. It also seemed relatively quiet.

The windows were a bit dirty outside and the fixtures seemed somewhat old, but overall the room was fine.

I only had one interaction with the staff at checkin and that went great. My brother even got a discount on his room because it was his birthday month.

Room Tip: Room 301 was on the corner, so we had views of both the bay and the ocean from two windows, but this...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Siletz Bay Lodge for our 26th Anniversary. We stayed in a Jacuzzi Room. The bed was sooooo comfortable! A great view of the bay. The weather was absolutely gorgeous Jan. 25th - 27th 2012. We had a balcony and loved going out and sitting in the sun. The 2 ladies that ran the Hotel were very kind and they treated us to a bottle of Champagne and gave us 2 wine glasses with their logo on them. I believe we have found our favorite place at the coast to stay at. We did have a problem with the Jacuzzi tub. I walked down to the front counter and told them what was going on. They went ahead and shut it down, refunded the extra money paid for the Jacuzzi room and we just paid for regular room rates. They let us stay in that room because we just loved it and we had a great view of the bay. It was very nice to just walk over to Moe's for dinner. We had a great relaxing time and they helped make it special for us. The only complaint we have is that being on the bottom floor, we had people staying above us. They sounded like baby elephants walking all over their room thump, thump, thump! Once they left, it was peaceful and quiet :) We never made it to the continental breakfast either day, but it sure smelled great!!

Room Tip: Make sure to let the staff know what you want for your room, view, bed. You can always ask to see th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank herbcheryl1
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed one night and were relieved as it was a holiday weekend to find such good accommodation at a reasonable price. The room was excellent with great water views and plenty of room. The breakfast was fine and the staff were very friendly. Walking distance to restauants. I would stay here again should I be in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My family visited Siletz Bay Lodge for an over night getaway. The location is wonderful. The bay is nice, not too windy. The kids love playing in the water right outside the hotel. We love to go to Mo's when we're at the beach, so it's great to be able to just walk right over and not have to worry about parking.

We stayed in the double queen room. It's really just a basic motel room for someone who's looking for somewhere to sleep for the night. The bathroom is tiny, the sinks are actually out in the room with everything else. The shower made a really loud whistling noise. When my daughters were showering I had to turn up the volume on the tv. There is a microwave and mini-fridge in the room.

I wish some of the larger rooms would have been available. We could see the corner of the neighboring room's balcony. That would have been really fun. Regardless,the view was great!

The picture they have of the spa is really the entire spa. We expected it to be just a little bit bigger. The girls still had a blast in it, but we definitely scared off other people who were thinking of coming in. Unless you know everyone in the spa, about four people is as comfortable as you might want to get.

The continental breakfast was basic, but got the job done. They have waffle batter in a fridge that you stir up and put in the waffle irons. There were Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and bagels, three kinds of breakfast cereal, package oatmeal, orange juice, apple juice, milk and coffee.

All of the staff we encountered were great. They aways smiled and were very friendly. I'm sure if we have another weekend getaway we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at the Siltez Bay Lodge, 1st time was in 2007 and we booked a jacuzzi room on the 1st floor, I remember the room looking a bit dated, but the nice big jacuzzi tub in the room was a nice addition to have. We were greeted by a less than enthusiastic staff member covered in tattoos, (obviously not a big deal, however the 1st time we were here person who checked us in was very friendly and had cookies out for guests as they were checking in, a nice touch) This time we stayed on the 3rd floor in a 2 bed, queen sized room. The room was okay given that we were only there for a night to celebrate our annivesary. I remembered that on our first visit the ocean was much more audible and even the ocean "smell" lingered in the room which was pleasant. This time the sounds weren't as obvious. Either way the location of this place will keep us coming back, it's literally a few short steps from Mo's and the beach. We were even able to take a late night stroll on the beach and watch the stars. Can't wait to stay here a 3rd time!

Room Tip: I'd definitely see if you can get a 4th floor room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L15nene
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stay here when I can because it is in a great location and right on the beach. The views from our 4th floor balcony include the bay and the ocean. Less than a block away is Mo's restaurant. There are convenient elevators and the prices won't break your budget!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family