“Great view and great employees”
Review of Siletz Bay Lodge

Siletz Bay Lodge
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Had a wonderful stay with the Siletz bay lodge in lincoln city, the view was nice and the rooms were exceptionally taken care of.would recommend to all my family and friends.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 December 2009

Took a trip down to Lincoln City while dropping off our kid to college. Had a great time there shopping at the outlet mall, eating at the local dives and gambling at the casino. Everything we wanted to do was within a few minutes drive there.

Only thing we ended up not having time for was crabbing. Did talk to some local crabbers on the dock at Mo's and seems to be a hot spot.

The room was a typical budget room, not fancy in any way, but clean. We didn't have a problem with the internet and connected right up. TV was fine, beds ok. We had a room without balcony and were right across the stairs to the lobby, so there was a little traffic noise, but nothing major.

We were fine with the breakfast, loved the waffles, coffee was good. Was nothing special, but we were in town to eat seafood anyway and had to save room.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I arrived in Lincoln City on a weekend, and tried to get into a hotel that had really good ratings on here and reviews. However, the top two I was planning on were both booked full... Which was disappointing. So I drove down the coast and ended up finding this place.

The front desk was friendly. The parking was adequate. The hotel had a great view of the ocean, and was awesome that you could sit in bed and be staring out at the sun setting beneath the ocean. The rooms were decently clean for being such an old (from what it seems like, don't know when it was built) hotel. The room was good size.

I did not like that they didn't post any amenities they had available anywhere in the room that I could find... so I don't think offered much besides a room. The rooms were old and outdated, along with the outside of the building. Only half of the hotel rooms had balconies on them from what I understand.

I paid like $100 for the room... I think it was probably about right, ONLY because of the ocean view (ocean front property). If this hotel was not ocean front, I would not pay anything near that.

I would stay here again if I couldn't find anything better on the coast first.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Our family for 4 (two little ones) visited this lodge for a couple days on our way thru Oregon.

What we liked:

We LOVED the bay view from our room. When I originally booked the room, I was somewhat disappointed it wasn't going to be right on the ocean; but now I'm convinced there's just as much beauty in the bay view as an ocean view (possibly more!). You can watch the tides roll in and out, view the trees, sea lions, etc.

Lots of places to walk, find driftwood for fires, etc.

There were a couple places to eat or get some take-out nearby.

Service was decent.

What we disliked:

The biggest problem we had was with the continental breakfast. With everyone eating at the same time, there was no seating for us and our two kids. We were all left standing there holding plates with nowhere to sit but the floor. But the hotel didn't seem to have any problem with us taking the food back to our rooms (which we did for the rest of our stay). After breakfast, the dining area clears out and it's a nice place to look at the bay and have a drink.

We skipped the hot tub - too crowded.

Rooms were big, if not a little worn and dated.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2009

The rates are very good for the coast. The location is right on the beach at the bay at the sound end of town.
This motel is a plain, solid place with large comfortable rooms though the bed sheets and blankets look about 20 years old. However everything appears clean, rooms are quiet and generally it's comfortable.

If internet service is important to you, do NOT plan to use it in your room. Their claims of providing WiFi are greatly exaggerated. Wireless internet reaches only a small portion of the motel. If you don't want to come to the lobby to use the computer, this is not the place for you.

Staff is friendly and eager to be helpful. So I recommend this place - except where computer service is important.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2009

The Siletz Bay Lodge has been a long time favorite of ours. The location, looking out on the Siletz Bay is wonderful. Unfortunately, the rooms are getting frayed at the edges. The beds aren't great. The sheets are out dated. They have cut their lobby hours signifiganly. I'm sure all of these are cost cutting measure and I feel for them. However. . . We could probably put up with all of this, except that they have taken most of the protien out of their breakfasts. They used to have hard boiled eggs and yogurt. Now the best you can do is instant oatmeal with 2% milk. I for one, cannot feed my child nothing but white flour and sugar and expect to have a good day together as a family. That means we have to go out for breakfast, which turns the $80.00 a night room into at least a $100.00 room. If I am going to spend that much, there are nicer places to stay. So . . if you decide to stay here, bring your own breakfasts.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

this motel has a great location but we werent thrillled with refused late check out. especially since the lot was completely empty on check out day.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple