“Great view of ocean”

Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Beautiful ocean view, would stay there again. Had a king suite on 4thfloor with balcony over looking the ocean. The room was spotless, fresh, very comfy bed, friendly, helpful staff. Hotel was our base while we visited the area and it met our needs very nicely. We came a long way to see the ocean and sitting on our ocean front balcony was listening to the surf was perfect.

Room Tip: Room 143 is awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary-jo W
There are newer reviews for Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I found this lodging by being lost.......but what a suprise to find a GREAT room overlooking the ocean!! The price was right and the staff was wonderful! We will be going again....hopefull soon and will most certanly choose the Sea Horse again.

Room Tip: They let me look at the room before paying........great advice for any place you want to stay
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We arrived on a rainy day which unfortunately meant we spent most of the day in our room. It was on a lower level (think basement stairs) which smelled of dog urine. I didn't know this hotel was pet friendly otherwise I NEVER would have stayed here. Carpet was clean enough, however the dining room chairs were stained with drips and mucky. There also was a big ol circle wet spot stain on the couch cushion. Along with dog hair on AND in our bed. Lovely. We traveled from Seattle to get here and this is it?!?!? I tried to look past it, be happy for my husband and two little boys but all I could think about was if this was a safe environment for them!! Fridge and bathroom clean so I figured we would survive. We opened the big curtains to see a beautiful view of the ocean. We did. I also saw all the cigarette butts that were thrown down from the balcony and never picked up.
We originally booked for two nights. After spending one night on that rock hard bed I could barely walk, I considered sleeping in the car for more comfort. It was really bad. The worst I have ever slept on. We checked out the next day not even caring about losing out on money. The hotel staff were apologetic when I voiced my reasons for early checkout, but barely and like they have heard the same complaints before. They asked if I wanted to stay in an upgraded room which only holds 2 people...um and our children would sleep where? I was told the hotel supervisor would contact me and I left my cell number never to hear from anyone. My husband and I will never stay here again and hope this review helps others.
If you want a semi dirty don't care if your dog pees and messes on the furniture and like sleeping on a stone tablet kind of place, then this is it.
If you want a safe clean comfortable family friendly hotel with a usable bed to sleep in, then keep looking because this is not it.
Staying at this hotel almost ruined our vacation!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Funtobeme253
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Happened upon the Sea Horse during a spring special (20% off all rentals) for a last minute vacation rental. Went for #102, with 2 bedrooms, for our family of 4 plus another couple and dog. Quite comfortable, with a nice sized living room and views of the ocean (not oceanfront though, building in-between us). Fully stocked kitchen, just bring food/ingredients, or walk 4 blocks to the grocery store. Wished there had been a hairdryer, but otherwise the bathroom was fine with a thumbs up for space heater in there! Pool and outdoor hot tub were clean and sufficient, not luxurious but you are hanging over the ocean which is fabulous so who cares! Beach access (lots of stairs) is VERY direct--wonderful. Breakfast of cereals, muffins, yoghurt and fruit a nice addition given the reasonable room rate. Would recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the city with our dog. The website made it look and sound nice enough, and we were feeling desperate to find a pet-friendly hotel that had some vacancy. After checking in, we opened the door to find an extremely outdated room with no wall decor, windows that didn't lock, carpet that made me worry about cleanliness and creepy crawlies, no hair dryer, and worst of all, a mattress so old that I could literally feel every spring through what little fabric was still lying over them.

We thought that if the management there felt this was passable for a room there and felt this was a reasonable representation of their hotel, then why would we try to switch to another room in the same facility. We got on our phones and tried to call other hotels in the area that were pet-friendly and that looked to be held to a better standard, knowing we would not get a refund for our room at the Sea Horse, but all were booked up. So, we bit our lips and tried to make the best of it.

On one positive note, this hotel does overlook the ocean. I do believe that is what we were charged so much for when we paid. It certainly wasn't the room. Good luck to you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lablynx
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Spring break in Lincoln City~ We stayed at the Sea Horse. We happened to stay in a family suite and paid roughly $170.00 a night with tax.Unfortunately the room was very outdated. The pull out bed was soiled and dirty with....we couldnt make out what it was inside. I wouldn't let my kids sleep on it. I would choose to spend $340.00 else where. Lots of nice places in Lincoln City. I did speak to the owner of the hotel and he seemed to think that after I complained that we were disappointed he said if we went to the Hallmark that was 20.00 more,.. We will go to the Hallmark next time!! There is NO comparison to the Sea Horse and the Hallmark, spend the extra money you will feel like you went on vacation instead of feeling like you spent too much:(

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank cindy m
OregonSeaHorse, Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

This guest stayed in a one bedroom suite with a beautiful ocean view for the rate of $152 per night on a Spring Break weekend. The room was completely rebuilt in 2011, from new sheet rock to flooring, cabinet and fixtures. A virtual tour of this suite (#110) may be viewed on our website. Admittedly, there was a coffee stain on the vinyl back of the hide-a-bed mattress, however, the top sleeping side of the mattress is spotless. We are a pet friendly motel and charge a minimal $5 per pet, per night for our furry guests. The local lodging tax is collected by all lodging facilities.

This guest told us she could get a comparable suite at Hallmark for less, so we made an effort to check our competitiveness. We found that, in fact, our suites are priced much more competitively and let her know that. Our location, view, amenities, and accommodations are a great value, and I am sorry that this guest did not agree.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We really enjoyed our time. The spa in the room was a real bonus for us! I enjoyed the continental breakfast too. Having a ocean view was superb! I really recommend this hotel to anyone who comes in town for relaxation/business trip. I want to come back!!

• Stayed: April 2014