“Wonderful Experience”

Westshore Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My aunt, dog and I joined my parents and other family for New Year's day at the hotel. They were very accommodating. They brought TONS of towels, a fold-out bed, and anything extra we needed for the extra guests. They are very dog friendly and there is potty grass out front and a direct staircase to the beach. There was no elevator, but the exercise from the steps was needed anyway! Although it's three stories, it actually didn't feel like a long way up.

The second night we stayed in the Captain's Quarters, which were very nice. My dog loved the private deck, it had a huge TV, two rooms plus a nice bed in the living room near the deck, and a really nice bathroom. We cooked dinner and ate at the big table, then got beautiful shots of the sunset from the deck.

STAY HERE. Managers are awesome, they love pets and they definitely go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. I will absolutely stay there again.

PS- it smells better than any hotel I've stayed at. And I've stayed at some pricey places.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have excellent views and patios. The top floor has the suites and some excellen...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Beachdoggity

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. We tried it using a groupon deal and will go back! Rooms were clean and spacious. Kitchen is well supplied. Loved the fireplace! Ocean view was amazing as was the beach access. The new managers went above and beyond when we had a few special requests. Only drawback were the upstairs neighbors that allowed their child to run back and forth until we asked them to stop at 11:30pm.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joey P
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Four of us stayed in the top floor Master Suite for 2 nights, and two more joined us for a third night with a service dog. Although there is no elevator, the room view was fantastic, and I liked that we could open a portion of the windows to hear the ocean. The room had been refurbished with a new big screen tv, and it was really clean and clean-smelling.
Managers Paul and Spring provided top-notch service. They carried my sister's cooler up to the room. They fulfilled our requests immediately for another table, extra chairs, beach blankets and wood and lighter fluid, and extra towels. They took us on a tour of other rooms, and answered all of our questions about nearby places. Also, every housekeeper we met was cheerful and offered to help with anything. Truly quality service all the way down the line!
The weather was so good that four of us decided we wanted to stay another night, and Paul offered us a discount on their nicest room, the Captain's Quarters. We splurged and found ourselves on the ground floor with a private fenced deck, a huge kitchen and living room, 2 private bedrooms (although one of us chose to sleep in the bed by the doors to the deck so they could hear the ocean better) and a 2-sink bathroom. That night (Jan.2) we saw the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen on the Oregon coast from the deck (see photo).
We are so glad we found the Westshore, and will be back as long as Paul and Spring are there to offer such personal service!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pdxdude
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This motel is the best! I planned a two day stay to propose to my girl friend. I made arrangements to have a bottle of wine or champagne in the room when we arrived and the staff had both bottles chilled and waiting for us. We had a great view and very easy access to the beach, not to mention a cozy fireplace and a full kitchen. We both loved the room and the staff will do anything you want at any time you need. We have already made plans to come back in February. Cant wait!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room two. Great beach access and close to wood shed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dlonger1
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband, myself, and our two children aged three and eleven recently stayed at Westshore Motel for 2 nights at the end of a 2 week road trip throughout the Western States and back into Canada. Our stay was incredible! We bought our room through a groupon and rerouted our drive back to Canada in order to take advantage of the great deal. I am soooo glad that we did. The motel far exceeded our expectations! The view was spectacular and the manager was exceedingly friendly and accommodating. He offered to upgrade our room free of charge so that we could have separate bedrooms for ourselves and the kids in order to be easier on us for different bedtimes. We very much appreciated it. It is an older motel for sure, but you can tell the management is in the process of updating and revamping and there are many great little touches. The room was very clean and the kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed to make meals. The only downside I could find was the internet connection was very slow, but unless you are there to work this wouldn't be an issue as I cant imagine wanting to spend much time on the computer with views and a beach like that right outside your door. We watched seals frolic in the surf from the huge picture window both nights and enjoyed an incredible sunset. I recommended my brother and his wife go to Westshores as soon as we were back in Canada and I can definitely say we will return, hopefully for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alissa S
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My now fiance and i stayed in one of there junior suites about 2 days ago. I called about a week in advance to make the reservation and originally booked one of their ground floor master suites(2 bedroom) but called a couple days later and had it switched to a ground floor junior suite. I had absolutely ZERO issues doing this. They were polite from the get go. I wanted this to be very special for my fiance as I knew I was going to be asking her to marry me while staying at this hotel. With the JAW DROPPING views to their accomodating demeanor it was literally the best experience I've ever had at the beach, and we usually would stay in our timeshare located just up the road.I asked for roses and a chilled bottle of champagne to be awaiting for her upon our arrival. I showed up with roses EVERYWHERE, a great chilled bottle, and even candles waiting for us. Not only that, but anything we needed during our stay was taken care of promptly. It was just amazing. The room was very cozy, warm(even though it was only 20 degrees outside), beds comfortable, and I KNOW I couldn't get the room, view, or experience ANYWHERE ELSE for the price I paid to stay here. I would've had to pay almost DOUBLE if we stayed anywhere else. Is it the most up to date, tech savvy hotel? No, but that doesn't matter when what you want is romance and BREATH TAKING VIEW. We will definitely be back and may very well ALWAYS stay here. I'm telling you that this place was just awesome!

Room Tip: IF available stay on the ground floor. These rooms have fireplaces and decks that lead straight to t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle B
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was concerned due to previous reviews, but our experience was very good. The view and the beach access was awesome. The motel is very dog friendly. The room (a studio) was clean, roomy and had a fireplace. The couple running the motel (owners or managers?) had only been there 2 weeks but they were very friendly and nice and asked for suggestions and comments. I made a few suggestions and would not be surprised at all if they follow up on them. Some of my ideas were things they were already looking into. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank monkeygirl1
TheWestshoreTeam, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you Monkeygirl1 for choosing us for your getaway to the Oregon Coast and for your review and suggestions. The feedback we get from our customers is extremely important and continually has us asking ourselves..."what else can we do" to deliver the product, service and value that you want. We look forward to your next visit and I am confident that you will see we are working diligently on your good advice! Paul