Westshore Oceanfront Motel
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$104
BestWestern.com
Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$88
Inn at Lincoln City(Lincoln City)
US$88
US$86
Comfort Inn and Suites Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$128
ComfortInn
US$184
The Coho Oceanfront Lodge(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$124
Liberty Inn Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$89
LibertyInn
Surftides Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
Orbitz.com
Looking Glass Inn(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$121
Beachfront Manor Hotel(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$210
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfull kitchenmemory foamthe captains quarterswood burning fireplacegreat viewprivate beach accessan older buildingwell equipped kitchenfirst floorlarge flat screen tvoregon coastocean viewwater pressureliving areafirewoodpamelabedroom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Westshore on the 9th and 10th of March. The service is impeccable and the rooms are so clean. From checkin to checkout, all our needs were met. The housekeepers were so helpful, even carried my bag to my room on the 3rd floor. What a view!! So close to the beach and easy access. Thanks to the management and staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SandeeMc
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We decided to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary at the coast and bought a groupon for 2 nights, due to a medical worry we had called and told them we might be late checking in, we were told the office was manned till 8:30 but if we were delayed later to call before 8:30 and they would wait for us to arrive, checkin was friendly, the manager told us to let him know if we needed anything just ask, the next morning my wife went down and asked for a few more splenda packets and some additional coffe packs they handed her a full box of packets and 6 coffee packs, the room was very clean and smelled of cleanser (nice scent not lysol) bed was very comfortable everything about this stay was positive, the manager even offered to help with our luggage when we were loading the car. If you are looking for a getaway at a quiet well maintained motel please consider staying at the Westshore

Room Tip: If a kitcheonette is your need they have full size range and refer and a fully stocked kitchen with pots and pans pitcher strainer knives forks etc
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank poppa01
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked this hotel for 4 days, off season, in February. Weird concrete steps from parking lot to walkway. I am disabled and there is NOTHING to hold on to, so, not for the elderly, not for the disabled--period. I got to the desk and checked in and he said my room was opposite side, 3rd floor up. No elevator. We are 65 and 62 and both awaiting knee replacements so that is just about as awful a site as he could pick. I explained the situation (he had a bunch of keys on hooks and the lot was only 1/3 occupied) that we needed a ground, or 1st floor room, and he shrugged. There is no way we could haul our luggage up those stairs without falling, so I explained again. I said "we can't do this" and he said "well, you can check out". We tried the stairs but nearly fell, so came back and said it was not possible, and handed him the room keys. He took the keys and said "anything else?" and I said I'd like a refund and he said no. I booked through Groupon and he said that the Westshore gives these rooms to Groupon, they get nothing from the rental, so if I had a problem, talk to them. I was not born yesterday, no one "donates" free rooms to another business so I said I didn't believe him, and he said, "well, have a nice day" I told him I would be talking to Groupon, he didn't care. As we were leaving, we spotted a concrete ramp to get to the ground level rooms and office...he never mentioned that, and let me struggle up the stairs twice. He was dismissive and rude. I wasn't the flower of civility when I left. I've been renting motel rooms for 40 years, and never run into anything like this. I have not been crippled until recently, and most hotels at least TRY to work with you, but not this one, not this desk clerk anyway. Went to the Dsands down the block and the clerk checked her computer, and offered us one of 2 rooms on the ground floor. it was that simple. She told us where the handicapped parking was, and who delivered food, she was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Cindy S
TheWestshoreTeam, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

While I can appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I do take issue when people completely use a forum like this to make claims as to what was represented to them and what was said to them is being completely mis-quoted. I am very aware of how important guest satisfaction is and it is our goal...our mission to make sure that we can do everything we can to meet or exceed the expectations of all of our guests.

In this case, the guest booked through Groupon and because of this, we had no contact with this guest until they showed up to check-in. Truly one of the drawbacks of Groupon promotions is that we do not have the opportunity to communicate with our future guests. It was clearly stated in the Groupon promotion that these rooms were ONLY 2nd and 3rd level rooms and that we do NOT have an elevator. It is true that we have only five (5) ground level rooms and they are always the first to be occupied as guests prefer the wood-burning fireplaces and the semi-private deck with ocean views. Because these rooms are our premium rooms is precisely why these were not the rooms we offered through our Groupon promotion. On this night, we had no available ground level rooms. Clearly, if we had, I would have done my best to accommodate this or any guest to give them what they want/need. We only had two other rooms available on this night and both of those were also on the upper levels. To be clear...ALL of our rooms are ocean/beach view. We offer assistance for all guests that have rooms on the 2nd and 3rd level to help them get their bags/luggage to their room.

Again, I wish that we could have made this guest happy and met her needs, but without any prior knowledge of her requirements, without having any previous communication about her specific special needs, and without having any ground level rooms available, it clearly was an unfortunate circumstance that easily could have been avoided with a simple call to let us know ahead of time as we certainly do not try to give people what they don't want...we strive to deliver to guests an experience that they do want and that they will want to come back...as so many do.

All of us here continue to strive for 100% complete guest satisfaction, and while it may seem like an unrealistic goal, it does not deter us from continuing to try and try our best.

This forum on TripAdvisor has been and continues to be a very important barometer of how we are doing, though so much of the feedback that we receive from our guests is that of elation and extreme satisfaction.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The managers (Paul & Spring) are wonderful. They go above and beyond to keep you happy. We bought a groupon for 3 nights and ended up staying 5 nights. The ocean view is great The room was big and our room had a separate bedroom with a queen bed and a queen bed in the living area. The room was very clean. Has everything you need for a few days away from home. We will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed at the Westshore for 5 days last month.
In terms of value and location, it is a great deal.
All the rooms look out on to the water. And the rooms are BIG and have full kitchens with enough utensils (unlike some places with kitchens).
For the money spent, it was a good value.

There is no elevator and it would be a problem for anyone with mobility issues to have one of the upper rooms.
There is also no restaurant on site, if that matters. But since you have your own kitchen, it probably wouldn't.
It's an older building but it is good for the price. It's not fancy but it is a fine place to hang out for a few days.
The noise can carry from the outer hallways and other units and it seems like things can get a bit noisy/rowdy on the weekends so people should bear that in mind.
I had a problem with the housekeeping and with the customer service, which is why I have not given the hotel higher marks.

The suites on the ground floor have wood burning fireplaces and looked great.

House-keeping
When housekeeping cleaned my room the first time, they left a set of clean towels and took my empties.
They did not make the bed, or clean or sweep the floor (which had a bunch of sand from the beach on it) or take out the garbage. It was very weird.
I had to go get a bunch of cleaning supplies from the housekeeping guy who was off doing work in a different room, but he had clearly already been in my room, but did about a quarter of the job.

My issue with the customer service was in several encounters with a young man who lived there he seemed incapable of providing information and just stared at me blankly when I asked him fairly simple questions.
And while his inability to answer questions in a helpful manner caused me a lot of grief, I can forgive him because I think he doesn't actually understand that when people are in a new town they very much rely about the hotel staff to help them make decisions about what to do etc.
I think he just needs to be taught that there is more to the job than sitting behind a desk and it actually is important.

And finally, this is probably the most dog friendly hotel I have ever been in. That part was great. I think while I was there every one staying there had a dog. It would have actually have been weird to see someone without a dog.
And the beach is fabulous and goes on for miles.

I think these guys have the potential to be really good, and I also suspect that the problems I had were because I was there mid-week in January so maybe I wasn't getting their A team.
And the second time house keeping cleaned my room, they did a great job.

I think they can do a great job and then just need to fine tune some things.

Room Tip: fire places are available in the ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo