“Wonderful location and management!”

Westshore Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Wonderful location and management!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We (my husband, 18 month old son, and I) rented a one bedroom ground floor room with a private deck and fireplace for a few days. The building is a bit dated, but still functional and inviting (They are upgrading the rooms, and they hadn't gotten to the one we stayed in yet. So if you're super picky about aesthetics you might call and book with the hotel directly. ) The kitchen is well stocked for vacation cooking (includes a full size refrigerator) which made it really easy to feed my toddler. He's a pizza, mac n cheese, and not much else kind of kid, which makes it difficult for us to feed him on vacations. The view is beautiful, and we loved the fireplace. There is a queen size bed in the living room instead of a couch and a bedroom with a queen size bed. While an unconventional setup, this meant we could give our son the bedroom and still sleep on an actual bed without having to go to bed at 7PM. The location is pretty central to downtown Lincoln City, and an easy drive to Newport. Spring comes in and polishes the rooms up every morning. She even made up my son's travel crib and washed the breakfast dishes I hadn't gotten to. Paul was super friendly and restocked our firewood twice while we were there and even rinsed the ocean mist off our door so we could enjoy an unadulterated view. I would highly recommend this place and the next time we got to Lincoln City I'm sure we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage or bad knees go for the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TheWestshoreTeam, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your visit to the coast!! Thank you for all your kind words and your input about our motel! And...if you find yourself on a 2nd or 3rd level room sometime (because all the ground floor rooms are booked), then please just ask us for assistance as we would most certainly be glad to help any of our guests with their luggage! Have a great rest of the summer and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stumbled on this quaint motel 8 years ago and have never been disappointed with the charm and rustic feel of this place. We arrived a day early and there was no problem at all with getting another night. We were also told that not a problem to stay in it until our room was ready for us after the previous guests were out. Great place to bring your dog too. Looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor first night in room 21 corner suite. We ended up sleeping on the huge couch...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Castella, CA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I reserved rooms to stay here for July 4th & 5th in March. As much as i was looking forward to the stay, it was not going to be enough space for my entire family. So through email with the management I cancelled my reservations in April. I received confirmation email from them letting me know my cancellation was acknowledged and that they hoped I could stay sometime in the future. A couple days after the 4th of July, i realize my bank account has a $438 charge from them on the 4th of July and one for $1 on the 3rd of July (a day before I would have checked in). I called thinking it was a mistake someone must have made on accident, and thought once I explained what happened I would receive a refund and an apology. Instead I was told to "prove it" ( my cancellation), and that I didnt show up. I found it weird that I never said who i was, nor did they even ask. I guess I will have to print out their email now, probably contact the owners instead of the extremely rude manager who is obviously incapable of doing his job properly, or running some sort of scam. Either way, I am sorry I will not be booking a future stay there, it looked like an awesome place to stay. The two other places near Lincoln City I had to also make cancellations with were not a problem and will stay there in the future.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank bleighking
TheWestshoreTeam, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
The Fourth of July holiday is by far the time of year most in demand by guests wanting to stay here. The guest had a reservation that they made but did NOT cancel. An e-mail confirmation was even sent from the booking source (Booking.com) to our property on the expected day of arrival, so we held this room expecting that they might be a late check-in. When we received the call from the guest telling us that they were charged, but they cancelled and had an e-mail to prove it, I asked them if they could forward this e-mail back and I would gladly refund the "no show" charges. They then informed us that they would not be able to do this. We knew this guest by their date of arrival and they were the only "no show" on those dates. To assert that there is some sort of "scam" going on here is preposterous, irresponsible and uninformed. The fact is, we are a small business trying to provide quality lodging for guests wanting to experience the Oregon coast. This person obviously is upset about the fact that they forgot to cancel their reservations and were charged according to our explicit policies and guidelines. If we reserve rooms for guests and they don't show up and we could have sold the room to another guest but didn't have the chance because we were holding rooms for other guests...well, you get the idea. We would not be in the lodging business for long. We have had guests coming to this property for 50 years! We are in the business of ensuring that people are comfortable, safe and enjoy this place now and for years to come. While this guest is disappointed about being charged for not cancelling their reservation, there are many numerous other people that called and wanted to stay here for the 4th of July that couldn't because we held this room for the guest above and would have gladly cancelled and re-sold the room had they let us know. We appealed to TripAdvisor to remove their posting because we believe it violates the review guidelines regarding our reservation process and procedures and holding us responsible for a guests non-compliance.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked our reservations online from Boise Idaho, I am always concerned when doing so blindly, but did anyways. This motel was absolutely wonderful! Yes, the furniture wasn't the most modern but was very clean and really one of the best places we have stayed as far as feeling comfortable...and yes we will be staying again next time traveling the ocean coast!!!! The people were friendly, the view was amazing, the fireplace was a bonus. Next time we will request early enough to get the first floor, with the Chihuahuas we have it would have been nice to be able to open up the sliding door and have grass access, but second floor was absolutely amazing in itself. Definitely recommend this place...you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Bottom floor has sliding door, access to grass for dogs :-)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 11 July 2014

when you drive up the outside is not very fancy oh but the rooms are very nice. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They truly wish to make your stay a nice one. We will be returning here when we go to Lincoln city

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words and positive review! We enjoyed having you as our guest and also look forward to your next visit to Lincoln City and The Westshore!
Big Bear City
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We met my brother and his family here (they are from Albany, Or) and ourselves, a total of 4 adults and 3 children. The two bedroom suite had plenty of room for all of us. The front room faces the ocean and the views from the large window were spectacular. We cooked every meal and the kitchen was well equipped. The beds are comfy and the atmosphere was relaxing. My grandson and I loved that just down the beach were the best tide pools we have ever seen. Huge starfish, sea cucumbers, hermit crabs, crabs and much more. We spent two nights there and wish we had spent more. I felt the value was great and we will definitely be back

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Debi B
We very much appreciate your taking the time to review us! We very much value the TripAdvisor forum and are always striving to earn good marks from our guests! It is very satisfying for us to know that our guests enjoyed themselves while staying here and to hear that you would choose to stay here again (and again) when you find yourself back on the Oregon coast! Thanks again!
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband & I are new to the OR (HILLSBORO) area. We have been to Westshore twice, & have no compaints AT ALL. It is a bit dated, but, oh well, are very clean, & an OUTSTANDING VIEW of the ocean. Very roomy & comfy. Best of all, "PET FRIENDLY", as our (2) furry friends go with us EVERYWHERE, & also love the beach. Service & helpfulness & friendliness by Paul & Spring (owners I'm assuming), are "TOP NOTCH"... Both so fun to run into & visit with... Always looking forward to going there again!!

Room Tip: We have always stayed in the corner room on FLOOR 3, I think it's #17 or 14?? IT has nice kitche...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family