“Great place to stay!”

Westshore Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 25 July 2007

We visited Lincoln City on our family vacation & we stayed at the Westshore Oceanfront Motel. It has an awesome an awesome view! There is a big window in the living area that is to die for! We stayed in the family unit & it is a two bedroom & it has two futons in the living room. My kids never even stayed in their room - they slept on the futons so they could wakeup to the ocean! :)
The rooms are very clean & there is private beach access. I could watch my husband & kids play on the beach while I drank my coffee! Very relaxing - you can hear the ocean all night.
We plan to visit again in a couple of years.
Lincoln City has great shopping w/ cute gift shops & a Tanger Outlet Mall. Lighthouses are only a short drive away.

Very nice place! :)

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank rpeterson2003

Reviewed 8 October 2006

We happened to stop in Lincoln City on our way home to Vancouver from visiting the sand dunes, and happened to come across Westshore Motel. What a GREAT discovery. 70 bucks for an oceanfront room!! Unfortunately for us, it was a bit foggy out...

The bathroom is a little small but the room is ample-sized. There is a full sized fridge and a little kitchenette with dishes and all, which is nice since a lot of the local restaurants seem to close quite early. Check out is at noon so we were able to sleep in and take a walk on the beach (literally steps away from the motel!!) after making and eating breakfast. After leaving, we discovered something else: the motel is a very short drive to a great outlet mall off of Hwy 101!

We'll be back at Westshore - hopefully when it's a little less foggy so we can enjoy the view even more!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank djang0
Reviewed 13 May 2006

Wonderful *off the beaten path* motel. Stairs right down to the beach. Ground level rooms have *porches* upstairs rooms have amazing windows, with spectacular views. Kitchenettes in every room. Rooms with bedrooms in them. Perfect place for mom and dad to take the kids for a week of sun-n-fun. Their winter rates are more than reasonable, and their summer rates give you more for your money than other motels. It is just down the beach from the Inn at Spanis head. Get the glorious view with out the breathtaking price!! Our favorite place at the ocean. Stayed there time and time again. Worth looking into!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank chanciehomemaker
Reviewed 10 May 2006

My wife and I stayed there for our 25th reunion trip to the Oregon coast. Loved the view and the fireplace. The fixtures could be updated a bit. Bought some coffee mugs for the kitchen and left them there for other guests. Would we stay there again? Absolutely, YES!

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank kimphoto
Reviewed 24 August 2005

We my fiance and I stayed there on Labor Day, a random, let's go to the beach and stay trip. The woman who checked us in was very nice. We stayed on the second floor. We had a one bedroom, but because we weren't going to use the bedroom she was very nice and charged us for a studio. It had a full kitchen and a bathroom. It was very clean and had a beautiful view. The bed was extremely comfortable! Beds are my biggest concern with any hotel/motel because I have back and neck problems. I always bring my own pillow and had just bought a new one. Anyway the bed was great, soft and comfortable. The beach access it just several steps away. The beach itself is a very beautiful, clean stretch.

Overall, we loved it here. The prices were very reasonable. It was a monday, were were staying for one night, but it was also a holiday. I beliveve our room was 78.00, or something around there. It was under a hundred which was impressive for the room, the view, and the service that we received. We will definately return.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank SassyBeachGrl
Reviewed 14 August 2005

I've been going to Lincoln City for many years and have only stayed at a couple of other hotels. However, on the next trip, my wife and I seem to wind up going back to the Westshore. The view is one of the best in town and one of the nicest streches of beach you'll find! It's even nice to walk around the small residential area to see what there is to see!

The rooms of the hotel are almost the same as they were when my parents took me there as a child. That's not altogether a bad thing, however, the beds in the front room have to go!!! We stayed in unit #1 (we always request that unit) and the second I sat on the bed in the front room, I knew we were in for a long night. You can feel every spring in that bed and you think one will poke through at any time. They used to have hide-a-beds in the rooms to make the front room feel like a living room. They should be brought back.

But the positives far out weigh the negitives. This hotel is for romantics! I can't speak for the second and third floors, but all the ground floor units have big wood burning fireplaces with the wood pile just steps out the front door. No other hotel in town can say they have these. The bottom floor is also the only units with decks. Here's a tip for a clear day/night. Start a fire in the fireplace in the late afternoon and keep it going through the night. After it gets dark, go sit out on the deck with a blanket around you and your significant other and a bottle of wine and see the stars like you never have! And have a nice warm fire waiting for you when you go back in! I doesn't get any better!!

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank steven1dkrafty
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle,Wa
Reviewed 14 July 2005

Stayed in the Motel in summer of 05. The view was great but that is all. The room smelled of wet dog and it was old. The bathroom was small and the tile was stained and moldy. The whole room was moldy and my bed made my back hurt. I could feel the springs coming out of the box spring.I would not stay here if you gave me a free room. I really loved Lincoln City but this place needs to torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed: August 2004