“Great option”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“Great option”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Liberty Inn is a great option for visits to Lincoln City. The rooms are clean, the staff is helpful. I can't comment on the breakfast, as I have not had it. The hotel is a short walk (less than 5 minutes) from Chinook Winds Casino (the free casino shuttle will pick you up at the front door, too). I would not pay extra for the "view" rooms; hardly worth anything extra... The free Wi-Fi works well, and free parking.

Room Tip: Don't expect much of a view from the "view" rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Room rate of 185 after taxes and fees. My wife and I wanted to stay close to the casino and have a nice romantic retreat. Pulling in we were very optimistic, but that soon turned into disappointment. Front desk attendant was sick, sneezing and blowing her nose (with out washing her hands). She was handling my id, cc, and room keys. She was friendly, but shouldn't have been on the front lines in her health. I am not a germaphob, but who wants snot???? We went for the king with a jacuzzi tub. Needless to say we didn't even get in it. Tub was cracked, stained, and grimy looking. The room was in need of a thorough cleaning, but the bed sheets were clean and comfortable. If the room rate was half of what we paid I would consider staying there again. I will not be staying in the same room. Go for the base room and forget the bells and whistles.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeffrey s
Keizer
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Well, my experience with this hotel had it's ups and downs.

UP- found a room here at a reasonable rate, short notice, for the Fourth of July and booked it using their online booking system.

DOWN-Manager called me several hours later to say that they actually did not have an available room for me.

UP-He was very nice and said he would call around to find another room for me at another hotel (the town was almost sold out for the holiday). He called me back in about 10 minutes with the name of a person to contact at another comparable hotel that had an available room.

DOWN-When I called the other hotel, they were more expensive and not in my budget.

UP-Later, while continuing my search for for an available room at a reasonable price, the manager called again to say that he had just recieved a cancellation for the same type of room I needed, and offered it to me at the price of my original reservation. Yes!

UP-Checked into the Liberty Hotel on the Fourth of July. The Hotel and room were very clean and nicely furnished. The staff were very friendly, and even though it was a holiday, there seemed to be many employees, including maintenance people, buzzing about taking care of things. There were fresh baked cookies in the lobby! :) The kids had a nice swim in the pool before heading out to the fireworks. I inquired at the front desk to double check about the breakfast times. We didn't want to miss it, but knew after being up late, that we wanted to sleep in as late as possible. She assured me that there would be hot food available until 10 am. She said they wouldn't start pulling food until 10am.

DOWN-Went to breakfast the next morning at 9:45am. They hadn't pulled any of the serving pans, but there was no food in them! There were only a couple bread items left, milk was empty, yogurt gone, 1 apple left, waffle mix was empty, etc. I heard another lady complain "There is nothing here!" I went to the front desk and she just directed me to the food service people in the little room off of the dining room.

UP-There were 3 people in the kitchen prep area and they were wonderful! After complaining that there was no food left, they all scurried around asking us what we wanted and saying they would make more right away. They had eggs and sausage out in less than 5 minutes. The younger lady not only brought out more waffle batter, but she made a waffle for my daughter and brought it to our table! We finished eating about 10:15 and the kitchen staff were so attentive and considerate during our entire meal. What a great crew!

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. Very quiet and clean. The beds were very firm, but comfortable. The rooms have A/C if that is something you desire. The breakfast we ate was very good! They even have strawberry topping and whipped cream for the waffles. The sausage and scrambled eggs were very good too. The pool and hot tub both have electric lift chairs to lower disabled people into the pool or hot tub. That is really great for a person that had trouble going up and down the stairs into the water!!

So, in the end, I was very pleased with the hotel and the way the staff really went out of their way to make me feel like a valued guest.

Room Tip: I noticed there was a room on the third floor with the ice maching right next to their door. I wou...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J-ME-19
Oregon
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We've stayed here several times. Nice place, friendly people. The small breakfast buffet is a nice time & money saving bonus. The grandkids love the pool. Walking distance to beach access.

Two complaints:
1. The beds are way too hard. I have back issues and my bed at home is a firm mattress, but this goes beyond that. I struggled to walk after laying on the beds for 15 minutes.
2. The air in the pool room is way too hot. Bump down the termostat about 10 degrees. It wasn't just this time as it was the same on previous visits. Must be 80 degrees in there. Makes it uncomfortable for those of us sitting on the sidelines watching the kids.

I see others have complained about cleanliness but I've never had this problem and have stayed here 15-20 times. I'd rate the cleanliness very good.

Room Tip: We had our grandkids along so we got one of the King/Queen Suites. It's perfect for a family of...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WiserNow7
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 June 2013

we had just got back to the oregon coast last week and we decided not to stay here or even try it ever again!!!! the girl at the front desk took forever to come out from behind the counter area because she was eating she tried to hide it but the doritos in her teeth said other wise. she had mentioned she was a manager when we were quoting a room. she seemed so stoned or hung over we could barley get any info out of her! never again! wow what a solid run hotel

Room Tip: go some where else we had a great stay at the best western
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarah d
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Only 6 to 7 hours from the border, you can experience all the rugged splendor of the Oregon coast and stay in the wonderful luxury and comfort of the Liberty Inn in Lincoln City. We spent two nights there recently and will definitely be going back whenever we feel a need for a relaxing yet invigorating break. With the express lane, we lost no time by-passing Seattle and the scenic drive on Hwy 18 made the trip enjoyable. We had a beautiful suite (with a fireplace) overlooking the Pacific Ocean. A wonderful staff and tasty breakfasts really made this a great 3 day holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine L
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Where do I start:
First, the bed was like sleeping on a board, the floor probably would have been more comfortable.
Second, I opened the microwave to heat water for tea and found a dirty coffee cup (full of coffee) from a previous guest - disgusting - the last thing I want to do on vacation is clean someone else's dishes.
Third, the 'free' breakfast is only until 9am, some of us like to sleep in when on a vacation and not be rushed to get breakfast.
And finally, on the second day of our stay,we returned to our room in the evening to find that it hadn't been cleaned so we had to go to the front desk to get fresh towels, etc. When I complained the desk clerk just said 'Sorry but the housekeeping staff has gone home'.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melfost
Liberty_Inn, Owner at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the problems you experienced during your stay. We use reviews such as yours to improve our services and offerings. To address the issues you have raised, we have received feedback on the beds from some previous guests as well. While some people find them comfortable, there are those who do not and we have taken note for when we do our next round of upgrades. We apologize for the housekeeping issue you mentioned. We are in the process of training a new manager and new staff and hope that our guests will bear with us during this transitional period.

Liberty Inn