“Second Stay - things took a slide”

Liberty Inn Lincoln City
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Seattle, Washington
“Second Stay - things took a slide”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our second stay at Liberty Inn. The first was very acceptable and we returned here with friends. But the second stay was disappointing. Check in was very slow. They were training someone new but it seemed to not be the most efficient process when there is a line of people waiting. There is an odd, funky smell that can't really be described in this hotel. It isn't overpowering, just a bit pervasive.

Housekeeping did not clean our room the first night. We left around noon for the day and returned around 6 to a room that hadn't been cleaned. When we called down, the front desk told us there was nothing they could do and that housekeeping was gone. I saw in a previous response by the Owner (to a review here) that they were training a new housekeeping manager. Seems they still need some training if that's the real issue. My guess is, that when housekeeping rolled by, our DND sign was out and they never bothered to check back.

The front desk resolution was that we were welcome to come down and get new towels. How thoughtful. Especially since this is the slowest elevator known to man. And for only 4 floors!

Breakfast was depleted by the time we got there so if you aren't an early riser, don't consider that a perk.

All in all, I was disappointed that our first trip had been nice and the return was disappointing. I thought I'd stumbled on a great Lincoln City gem, but it looks like I'll have to keep looking.

And the comments about the beds are right no track....incredibly uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Limited ocean view seems to be peeking around a house to possibly glmpse the ocean. I wouldn't...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MJSEA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was the second time I decided to stay at Liberty Inn and will be my last. I had the worst experience celebrating my first wedding anniversary due to the lack of service I received from the front desk supervisor. I was charged a different rate than what I was told, I showed my confirmation email to the supervisor and still no resolution, I was told to work it out with Expedia. Expedia told me to work it out with the hotel, as you can imagine several hours of my time wasted on an issue that I should have never been faced with. Next, I was double charged for my stay (that was already more money than I had planned) and told to work it out with my bank. Awesome service you've got right there. NEVER again! The girl in your supervisory position needs to move on and you need to work out your process for billing customers.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank DandMWalker
Liberty_Inn, Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your taking the time to share the comments regarding the issues you encountered. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and hope you have received our response. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you wish to discuss the matter further.

Mike Cruz
Manager
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My sisters and I just finished a two-day trip to Lincoln City and stayed at the Liberty Inn. While I had stayed here previously, my sisters hadn't. They were very impressed with the hotel overall, but I think that all of us agreed that the service we received from everyone in the hotel was outstanding! They went out of their way to help us with everything we asked about. The breakfast is one of the largest continental breakfasts I have ever seen - and tasty too. Our room was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We spent two nights at the Liberty Inn in early August 2013. Overall, it's a nice place to stay, but it's in need of some updating. Our room was clean and nice overall. We had read the beds were hard but we found them comfortably firm. There was a lack of attention to detail such as a sink which drained slowly and needed a cleanout, and a faucet handle which was installed 90 degrees off. The décor in the room and throughout the hotel was dated and could use an update. The breakfast bar was weak. Needs more variety in fruits, cereals, and breads. Don't bother paying extra for a room with a view - the constant fog negates any chance to see anything. The staff is outstanding, always very friendly and helpful. All in all, we found the hotel a good value and worth the trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We found this establishment through AAA, and wanted a hotel near the Chinook Winds casino. We were warmly greeted, and found our room to be very comfortable. We asked the front desk for suggestions for dinner, and their suggestions turned out to be spot on! The breakfast was excellent with plenty of options. I did not have a chance to try out the swimming pool or exercise room, but it was nice to know these places are available.The only "concern" were the beds. We had read that the mattress were hard, and they were. My wife found the bed uncomfortable, but I had an excellent nights rest. All in all, we were very pleased with the accommodations and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Boring, Oregon
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel was very nice and we enjoyed the pool. Only negative was the hard beds. We had 3 rooms and that was the first comment made the next morning. I heard another couple was moving to another hotel after they had stayed one night and it was because of the hard beds.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Tualatin, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I just needed to get out of town for a few days, and chose Liberty Inn. We were NOT disappointed! Room was clean, staff was friendly, pool and sauna were awesome, and breakfast was nice! We have already made 3 more reservations there. Don't understand why there are any negative comments?? Loved the place!!!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, facing the forest. It was nice-sized, no A/C noise and had a beautiful view...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple