“Not the best”

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Alberta Canada
“Not the best”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed 1 night on a recent west coast road trip. Although it's not the worst hotel I've ever been in, it was easily the worst hotel of our trip.

I'm not a picky person, so it didn't bother me, but the girl at the front desk was obviously new and didn't really seem like she should be at the front desk alone. We called down to the front desk a couple time (I'll get to that later) and no one would answer. For some people this might be a big issue.

The 2 big issues we had where 1) My wife found a small ant walking on the nightstand. However, we did not find anymore so I'm not sure where it came from. 2) We had a jacuzzi tub in our room. At first I thought there was a long hair on the bottom, but a closer inspection showed it was a crack and it seemed to be repaired. We used the tub and when my Wife got out she stepped onto the towel we had placed down and it was soaked with water! Obviously the crack was not properly fixed and it some how leaked while we were in the tub. We then called down to the front desk (as mentioned earlier) and when she finally answered we told her about what happened and she didn't seem to care.

The other issue is the smell in the hallways that other reviews have mentioned. It's not bad, but it is noticeable. What it smells like to me is when you handle a bunch of coffee beans. The smell isn't the aroma you get when you grind the beans, it's a different smell that isn't pleasant.

Minus the disappointments, it would have been a good hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
libertymanager1, General Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
I’m sorry to hear our Liberty Inn in Lincoln City didn’t exceed your expectations! Allow me to assure you that each of your concerns have been promptly addressed and will be repaired!

• Yes, we had a new/seasonal front desk clerk join us recently and she’s being mentored on “multi-tasking” with busy phones! I’m expecting her response skills to improve promptly!
• Although ants are not a problem onsite, with summer on hand I’ve personally re-contacted our monthly pest exterminator and they have already been onsite to eradicate them!
• Cracked tub…I’ve spoken to maintenance and we are looking for a permanent repair for the tub you mentioned.
• And for the remaining issue... I live onsite and I have never experienced anything along the line of the offensive odor that’s been mentioned or I’d rectify it immediately! (This is also my home!) I am wondering if the elevator’s hydraulic fluid may be the culprit, but whatever it is, please be assured that this week we are doing everything possible to root out and cure any cause of unpleasantness!

Gary Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This was perfectly OK for an overnight trip to break up our journey. It's on the edge of town but easy to find from the main highway. Most guests seemed to be senoirs on the gamblers special in association with the nearby casino.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Burnaby
Reviewed 15 April 2010

My wife and I were on a road trip at the end of summer and me being in the hotel industry I organized the hotels and even though the rates were a little higher I listened to the reviews. The hotel is well appointed the service was very American small town scowl one minute and overly friendly the next. Breakfast was the highlight plentiful and by far the best (included) breakfast on our 6-night road trip. The pool is very small and stuffy but clean, the exercise room is fine if A.) You’re by yourself and B.) if your not claustrophobic I bet there linen closet is bigger than this room. The rate we paid $119 USD was not worth it we would half rather paid the extra $50.00 and staid at one of the bigger nicer properties or saved $50.00 and stayed in a more central motel Best Western or such down the road. The main problem was this hotel has the most unpleasant odor at first I thought it was a gas leak but the lady at the front desk scowled and made me feel like I was the one who stunk. If you read the reviews I am not the only person who complains about the stench and no it’s not the beach! I thought maybe it’s like a retirement home but it is even worse than that. The smell dissipates somewhat in the rooms but it clings to you and while we were unpacking the Liberty Inn paid our noses yet another visit 5 days later, plain and simple it’s a very bad BO odor and its just like that Seinfeld episode it clings to you. Be prepaid to wash your hair in tomato juice after a night at the Liberty Inn ;) ok its not that bad but it ruined our stay. However it’s the only reason I gave the cleanness a 1 because the hotel is a very clean property. But all in all the hotel is a nice property but with so many options in Lincoln City its not worth the extra $ and if you are looking for a nice hotel pay a 20 or two extra and stay at the nice properties.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy-when-Packing
libertymanager1, General Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this review, 17 April 2010
I’m sorry your experience wasn’t in keeping with the “vast” majority of glowing and positive remarks you’ll find here in TripAdvisor, however, thank you for sharing your experience and highlighting our truly positive attributes that others have also listed.

I’m also sorry that you didn’t have the opportunity to bring this to my personal attention when you stayed with us wherein I may have been able to address this issue immediately! As it’s a “unique situation”, I cannot begin to guess at this time what the circumstances may have been last September to elicit this type of reaction. I do have to say that I was delighted to hear your comments of:

• Our hotel being “well appointed.”
• The pool (albeit described as small and stuffy) being “clean.” and
• Breakfast was the highlight plentiful and by far the best (included) breakfast on our 6-night road trip.
Aside from the olfactory comment, I’m glad you shared that “it’s the only reason I gave cleanness (sic) a 1 because the hotel is a very clean property ” And that: “All in all…the hotel is a nice property”

The Management of the Liberty Inn
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We stayed over the weekend from a Friday to a Sunday and this was the first time we have stayed at the Liberty Inn.

The hotel is very clean inside and out. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. Our room was on the third floor and was very quiet. There were two adults, a 15 year old and two 4 year olds and we were very comfortable.

The pool was quite cold for an indoor pool but the hot tub was nice. My wife is pregnant and we tried to get some additional pillows but I was told that they didn't have any. I've never heard that before!

I was able to get additional towels and even a band-aid when I needed it. It is very close to the casino and there is a shuttle that will pick you up within 5 minutes if you want it.

The FULL breakfast was very good and even though it was very busy the attendants kept all of the items replenished. There is only one waffle maker though and we had to wait for quite a while both mornings.

Check out was very fast and there were no problems.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Staying at the Liberty Inn was awesome! Travelling with a large family is always challenging, and when the accomodations are great, life is much easier. The rooms were clean and spacious. (adjoining rooms). Staff were extremely accomodating and assisted us as best as possible for our every request. The children enjoyed their time in the lounge, breakfast area and swimming pool/hot tub. We stayed here in Feb. 2009 as well, and had equally amazing experiences both years. The weather in Feb. seems to be the best. it was sunny and warm and the walks on the beach were relaxing and fun. Regatta park is a beautiful spot for a picnic lunch with a children's playground. Definitely worth another visit! We cannot wait to come back to Lincoln City and Liberty Inn again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
oly
Reviewed 24 November 2009

A great stay for our 38 wedding anniversary. everyone was very accomodating,staying there for thanksgiving 09

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
British Columbia
Reviewed 24 October 2009

Stayed here on a trip down the coast last summer and was glad we stayed two nights. The room, (two queen with fireplace), was spacious and clean. There were two sinks which is always nice and a sitting area with couch and table by the window. The location of the hotel is nice and quiet as it is in a residential area away from the highway. The staff were also very helpful. The manager was very friendly and, always around making sure everything was satisfactory. He even suggested some good restaurants and helped with the breakfast , which was very good. There were waffles, pastries, cereal, and many other items. On top of this, it was one of the least expensive hotels on the trip. Overall, a great stay for anyone thinking about travelling down the coast.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family