“Nice view”
Review of Overlook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Overlook Motel
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We spent one night in unit #2. It was very nice and furnished in old fashioned way. The room was very big however it felt little cluttered. It would be much nicer if some of the furniture was just gone as it would feel much more roomy and comfortable. This room has a really big balcony with a table and chairs. We ate dinner there and then spend our evening sitting there and watching the ocean - it was gorgeous.

I was little unhappy about the kitchen as most of the dishes were so old that I really didn't feel like cooking our dinner in it. The place has a dishwasher though which makes it nicer.

The thing I liked the best about the room was the bed in living room. (There is also one in bedroom). I decided to sleep in the one in living room and you see the ocean when lying down! So it was amazing to wake up in the morning and see the Ocean immediately!

So overall it was very nice. Would I go back? I am not sure. I would probably try something else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My boyfriend and I love stop stay in funky, different, even kitschy places, and when looking for lodging for one night in the Lincoln City area, I saw the pics & was hooked! When we arrived, Anne The manager) and her daughter greeted us warmly, along with their pooches. It was a blustery evening with the marine layer in shrouding us, but our room was cozy and warm with a gas fireplace in the corner, and a beautiful view of the waves crashing!! Our room was immaculate, and decorated with an interesting, tasteful seaside motif and GREAT handmade model ships!! A full kitchen greeted us, well stocked, and I only wish I could have fixed my own birthday dinner on our one night stay, as the place we selected for dinner left much to be desired-another review! And after about 15 min., Anne knocked on our door with 2 slices of homebaked Lemon Zuchinni Bread with a candle for my birthday!! So sweet!! And delicious! A special touch for a wonderful day!! We enjoyed ourselves there so much, we stayed there on our way back north!! We stayed in Rm 7, the Penthouse, then in Rm 6. Both had incredible views and were uber comfy!! Clean, reasonable and FABULOUS views!! Well be back

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martha M
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

A friend recommend Overlook Motel to me when my daughter and I went to the Portland area for spring break. All rooms overlook the ocean with quick access to the beach. We loved this place. Very friendly, helpful staff that live on the premise. Will stay there again the next time we are in the area.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I like this place so much I almost don't want to review it for fear it will get popular and I won't be able to get in again so easily! GREAT place. Check in was friendly, and room was fantastic! Okay, it was old and "homey", not shiny and polished, but COME ON! You are at the beach. It was clean and everything seemed to be in good working order. These aren't just rooms, they are apartments with a gas fireplace, wide screen TV, full living room and kitchen. We even had 2 bedrooms. Best of all a private patio overlooking the beach (overlooking....get it?).

I quite simply can't say enough about this place. Took 3 friends and the dog. Everybody had a great time!!!

Room Tip: We had 4 people in Unit 3...we liked it a lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dsaxon9454
Reviewed 20 January 2014

If you find yourself in Lincoln City Oregon or are planning a trip there, try the Overlook, especially Unit 6. This is a special place - a nod to the past sitting on a cliff way above the Glorious Pacific Ocean. The bank of windows on the West side of the unit are an invitation to spend all of your time gazing at the vast ocean. This invitation is amplified by the reading nook - two beautifully padded benches are outfitted with pillows, creating a cozy, comfortable place to enjoy a good book. Unit 6 has lots of good books, games, movies, and music. Heart and soul were put into this Unit. It is so well loved, you feel as if it were a home of someone very special. The kitchen is open and well appointed; it even has sharp knives!!! Three of us enjoyed a weekend together. We hope to return again and again.

Room Tip: Fabulous view from Unit 6
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gardengirl108
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in unit 7 for the weekend to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary and absolutely fell in love with this place! Gorgeous ocean views, cozy/ romantic atmosphere, and friendly staff made this trip perfect :) we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Kimber304
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The view from the rooms is fantastic, overlooking the beach and ocean. You can't get much closer to the beach than this location. It is located in a quiet neighborhood. We found it to be a perfect spot to begin our vacation and unwind from work. We found the room to be very comfortable, quiet and enjoyed the kitchen for making meals to be eaten on the deck or inside overlooking the beach. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple