“WOW This Place was horrible”

Palace Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“WOW This Place was horrible”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Well I Can down to the coast with my wife and 16 month old and a friend. it looked like a good place from the street once we got in our room I started to notice that there was no screen on the window (they put use on the fourth floor) with a 16 month old???? we asked to change room they said they were full really not the case I stood in the waiting area someone walked in and they gave them a room we made a reservation the night before we came. then to top it all off the beds were extra firm to come to find out after reading the tag we ask for a refund they wouldn't do anything and to top it off they didn't even offer a free night stay or anything the free breakfast the offer sucked the customer service suck even more wow the need to get shut down!!!! oh and the bathroom door had holes in it

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pete1823

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Orchard Park
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This hotel was listed in the travel coupon book as a AAA 3-diamond, but is really a 2. It has a microwave and fridge and a comfortable king bed. I was not able to get on the internet but they did have a computer in the conference room for me to use. There was a Burger King within walking distance but that was about it. The hotel was very close to HWY 101 with lots of traffic but I really did not hear the traffic noise from our room. The breakfast was sparse - waffle maker, cereal, bagels and juice. They had a washer and dryer that I was able to use and it worked fine.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Portland
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I paid $77 including tax for the room and thought that was reasonable. This hotel is not on the beach side of the 101 and it IS on the 101, so some of the rooms are a little on the noisy side, although not too bad at night. I was dissapointed to with the room - not thoroughly clean or well-maintained. I have found that this is pretty typical of Lincoln City.
My room showed pealing drywall tape a sure sign of water damage. My question is this: if I could obviously see it, why hasn't the manager or housekeeping seen it? The door stop on the inside of the bathroom door had made a hole in the door and there was a small pile of sand on the carpet which begs the question, what other items have been neglected in the cleaning process. Breakfast was brief, but decent. The woman who checked me in was polite and friendly, but the man working the desk overnight and his replacement neither greeted, nor spoke to us as we departed. There was an intense gas smell throughout the hotel that was not addressed until the morning at 7:00 am. Unfortunately the maintenance and all personnel decided to fix it then - on my floor. It made for an unpleasant experience. Also, deodorize the elevator so that it keeps a more pleasant smell.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank narcisse07
singapore
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We didn't have a room for the night and just picked one out from the AAA book. We actually drove past it and didn't even see it, because some of the lights were out on the sign.

Turns out this hotel is a family-run hotel.

So we try it, curious to see why it's priced below other 3 diamond hotels in the area.

Well, if the front desk was being managed by a family member, all I can say is they aren't a friendly family.

The brochure says their fireplace lobby shows what the rooms are like. But don't be fooled. It is just a motel room.

The room is clean and I don't have any complaints about the room.

Breakfast is included with the price. It was a very small breakfast with DIY waffles. Unfortunately, the waffle mix was sour when we were there.

We told the front desk and he went to the back and came out and said if we wanted a new waffle mix, we'd have to wait. We said it was okay, there was no need and ate the cold danishes.

He went back to the hotel lobby and did not remove the other cups of prepared batter at the breakfast room.

Because of that, we were very underwhelmed by our experience at this motel.

It may be winter and business may be slow, but my opinion is you can't drop the ball on service. It is better to shut down, than to give a half-hearted service and get poor reviews.

Based on this, I cannot recommend this motel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank worddict
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I'm afraid I have to go against the grain here! We stayed in a "jacuzzi" spa suite. Gross! The bed linens did NOT feel or smell clean. I had a sneaking suspicion that the room had not been stayed in for awhile and they didn't really check it before we were in it. The towels were thin and there weren't really many amenities to speak of (a couple of bars of soap and a foil package of shampoo). There was only on packet of creamers, etc for the coffee as well. The "jacuzzi" tub was old, had 6 jets, one of which spit out this NASTY moldy mossy "plug" of some kind which I mistook for a big dead bumblebee as I just go into the tub! (Yes, I freaked out!).

ALSO, the furniture that's SUPPOSED to make it exotic is actually kind of dangerous! We ended up wrapping towels around the feet of the bed frame so we didn't continue to stub our toes.

This place was just not for me!! THE STAFF was the best part of all of it -- they were very nice and polite but they can have their hotel. I won't be staying again. Sorry!:-(

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank cakimmer

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

thunder bay
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Wonderful hotel...front desk clerk was very curteous. The rooms are huge - we are a family of four on a three week vacation across the country and back so we have become experts in room size and this room was by far one of the largest we have seen that had two beds.
Wireless internet connection was fast. Easy spacious parking. Conteniental breakfast was really good. Lots of space in the breakfast room and good selection of items. Only thing lacking was fresh fruit but they had a large selection of pasteries, juices, cereals and two waffle makers.
Excellent clean huge room - would definately reccommend staying here.

Stayed July 2008
seattle
Reviewed 30 July 2008

great hotel.. only thing it lacks in my opinion is a pool. Close to everything in lincoln city, (ie outlet mall, beach, places to eat). great value I believe due to the place not being on a beach, but best lodging in the city by far.

• Liked — cool statues, clean rooms, service, I can go on and on..
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)