“Breakfast cooked from scratch!”
Review of Grandma's Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grandma's Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The menu is short n sweet, clean friendly service and helpful in deciding on menu items. Food is fabulous simple yet flavorful with specialty is smoked meats. Homemade breads, biscuits the are light n fluffy, gravy amazing! Hidden treasure!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The menu was very limited. The place was not as clean as I would prefer but the burgers were good. I find it odd to put a rather oval shaped burger on a square bun. The red home fried potatoes were very good.

Joe P, Owner at Grandma's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We use fresh ingredients for our menu items... so..Yes, our menu is limited....

It is true.. that the floor gets a little dirty... when you are in the middle of a rush....

Fresh ground beef patty on a fresh Ciabatta bun?.... So sorry...... I here Wendy's is still serving a square patty on a round bun

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've been wanting to try Grandma's Kitchen for awhile now, but haven't been able to make it because I work most mornings. I finally made it a couple weeks ago and was impressed. The food was absolutely delicious and bordered on a gourmet meal. I ordered the Hawaiian burger and was floored at how delicious it was. They bake their own bread and I believe they said they grind their own beef. The fries were more of a homestyle feeling, which some like more than others. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. The only thing about it was that it was a bit more pricey than I'm used to paying, but the food is absolutely worth it. I definitely recommend Grandma's Kitchen for a fantastic breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The serves was friendly and quick. The menu is very limited with choices. I ordered scrambled eggs with a slice of ham. Just average although ham was too salty. Did receive a slice of homemade white bread toasted, but only one slice??? My husband ordered a bacon and cheese omelet. Eggs were over cooked with brown spots, and bacon should have been chopped much smaller instead of the inch to inch and a half pieces. Only offered house grilled red potatoes and onions spiced with Italian seasoning? No hash browns offered.
Best point was attentive service and they kept the coffee flowing.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Being locals, we too were very excited that a new restaurant was replacing the Thai one previously in this space, something we could take my elderly parents to enjoy. When we sat down our waitress was kind enough to tell us that they only took cash but that they had an ATM machine there (another way to make money for them?). The atmosphere was okay and it was easily accessible for my 90 year old father. Also not sure if the End of Days books are still there but we found that sort of creepy. My husband wanted to eat healthy and was happy they had a salad bar but when he got there, it was practically empty. The waitress said the owner didn't want to refill it because they were only going to be open an hour more. My parents and I ordered breakfast that was served on small, chipped plates which I guess is supposed to represent what your grandmother might serve to hold your food. This is a health code violation for bacterial reasons and one that put us all off. You could easily cut yourself on them as well so maybe they've remedied this serving idea. Mom had pancakes and was given a tiny container of syrup. I had a grilled cheese that was served cold. Service was slow and we were the only patrons in there. The only good thing I can say about this place is that they have great peanut butter cookies albeit pricey ones. Too bad that every other local I've asked about Grandma's gives a grimace and "ughh" or OMG every time. You're better off going to the Otis Cafe, Vivian's or Pig-n-Pancake.

1  Thank cyndyc