Sandcastle Beachfront Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Overlook Motel(Lincoln City)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Ester Lee Motel(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Inn At Spanish Head(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Historic Anchor Inn(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Looking Glass Inn(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Siletz Bay Lodge(Lincoln City)
Hideaway Motel(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Palace Inn & Suites(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatorgas fireplacekitchen unitqueen bedthird floorpool and hot tubgreat viewrooms are cleanonce a yearbeach accessfull size refrigeratorcoffee makerseparate bedroomflights of stairsflat screen tvocean frontmain room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We agree with many of the other reviews. If you want basic beachfront accommodations at a fair price, this is the place. All rooms face the ocean. No elevator, but walking up the stairs is good exercise. The highlight is the view of the Pacific and relaxing in front of the gas fireplace or on the balcony. Off season rates are really good. And if there is a storm, watching the heavy surf from your balcony or room is a bonus. Also it should be noted that in our room the sliding glass door was broken and you could not lock it. There are several good restaurants in the area. The Safeway grocery store is seven minutes north. For DVD watchers, there is a Red Box at Safeway and across the street at McDonalds. The restaurants we liked were the Inn at Spanish Head (Fathoms/fine dinning), Blackfish Cafe (fish & seafood/lunch), Oceans Apart (Hawaiian/breakfast or lunch) and the Newport Cafe in Newport (local hangout/breakfast or lunch). For Casino enthusiasts, the one in Lincoln City leaves a lot to be desired

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank savvy2olympia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

If you are looking for a classy hotel with a lot of amenities, this isn't it. But if you want an inexpensive place for staying at the beach, this is the place. The view is amazing and the sound of the ocean all day and night was very soothing. When I go to the beach, I want to see the ocean, get to the beach for walking and not have too many people around me. This was perfect for me.
This was a one night get away for me and I had work to do, but doing it while looking at the ocean made it so much easier. Yes, the rooms are 'bare bones' and could use a little upkeep but my room was clean and everything worked. The gas fireplace in the evening was a nice option.
I will be back.

Room Tip: I loved being on the top floor--the view was amazing and a bit away from the noise of the cars/people below. I actually liked the exercise of walking up and downstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a bare bones hotel , except for the cozy fireplace and sound of the ocean we listened to all night.The whirlpool was not working , and that was a bummer! The view and walk on the beach, right outside of room, was amazing!

Room Tip: get a room close to indoor pool and whirlpool, it was cold outside.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annie5959
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I read all the helpful reviews prior to booking. I got a good deal with a groupon on a 3rd floor king bedroom the week of Christmas. Go here expecting a great view, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and a nice fireplace.

The room was decent. The gas fireplace and the view are the real charm. I was on the third floor and the hotel was not full, so I didn't have any interruption by loud neighbors on either side or above me. I was prepared for no elevator and didn't have any unforeseen issues. The staff was very helpful. The bedding was obviously pretty new and very decent. The shower is a standard size stall. It is not as small as one review claimed, and is perfectly acceptable for a large person. There is a blow dryer available at the front desk. The furniture, as many mentioned, is a bit tired, but nothing was broken. Some old English scratch cover would probably be helpful. The beds, pillows and linens are not to Marriott Hotel standard, but believe me, at this price point, I haven't seen better, and have certainly seen worse. The reviewer who claimed to find band-aids in the pool early in the morning needs to realize the cleaning crew arrives mid morning. Although the balconies are awesome, they are very close together. I could see this being a bit uncomfortable at fuller occupancy. Even though it is a no smoking property, I was allowed to vape in my room with an ecig and they do allow smoking on the street side of the building.

The location is awesome. It was wonderful waking up to the sound of the ocean. I was lucky to have perfect weather every single day I was there. Lincoln City is a real gem. There's a lot to do within a few miles. Grab some fresh crab and smoked salmon and a loaf of bread before you book into your room. There's a fridge and microwave and a coffee maker in the room. There's also more coffee in the lobby, and quite a selection of brochures to grab so you can find things you'd like to do while you're in the area.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor. The extra steps cut out the feeling of being boxed in on all sides.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jenai59
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed on the second floor, I believe a circus troup was staying above us! There was much climbing and pounding until all hours. Girls bring a hair dryer, there isn't one in the room. The furniture is a little tired, but clean. The TV is about 24in and firmly mounted to the wall so you can't adjust it, it sits to the right of the bed so that while you are bed it makes it difficult to watch. The positives are the view from the room is wonderful, clean, and the front desk folks are very nice. The value was good.

Room Tip: Get one on the 3rd floor no elevator!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple