“Pricey but worth it”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

While vacationing along the Oregon Coast my family and I wanted to have a nice seafood dinner and a nice restaurant. We gave the Blackfish Cafe a try based off various reviews and it's proximity to our hotel. It was a little swanky for our usual haunts but you could tell that they had no problem accommodating a more casual crowd, as we were not the only "beach bum" casual dining. It was a bit pricey but the food was worth every penny. You could tell the seafood was all fresh and that the kitchen staff took pride in there craft as well as presentation. If you are ever in Lincoln City I would recommend eating at the Blackfish.

1  Thank Toby M
There are newer reviews for Blackfish Cafe

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is quiet little restraunt on hwy 101 , it was about a 5 minute drive from where i was staying for the night. The food was delicious , the servers were great and you could tell that the décor was locally influenced, The only thing that irked me was that i was seated next to a party of 8 with 4 children who were very noisy . But other than that, id definitely recommend this to anyone passing through Lincoln city !!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I really enjoyed our dinner. We had their world famous Clam Chowder and it was better than Mo's :) We havd the best fish and chips we have ever had! The Pasta was great too! The service was also excellent. Great choice for a place to go on the beach for a nice dinner.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my first time to Blackfish Cafe. My friend and I came for dinner her at the end of May.

The hostess was very nice. We had a reservation and had showed up early, but they had our table waiting with a little reserved sign - wonderful! This restaurant is pretty small so I recommend getting a reservation on the weekends especially.

Our waitress was also kind and prompt. She gave us the time we needed to order, and helped my friend choose her entree. Unfortunately, this particular server hadn't tried everything on the menu, so she couldn't comment on whether or not a certain dish was good or not.

We ordered our food and wine and the wine was brought to us promptly.

My entree was good, my friend's was amazing. I had the scallops and risotto. My scallops were just under done and unfortunately the risotto was too al dente for me - still a tiny bit crunchy in the middle. Don't get me wrong though; it was all very flavorful! My friend had the pork which was super juicy and the chutney it came with was bright and tasty.

Since it was my birthday, I recieved a complimentary ding dong cake which is the chefs own creation. This was very yummy! Chocolate, whipped cream and berry sauce... what more could a girl ask for?

Overall, I had a really good experience at Blackfish and will probably go back when I visit Lincoln City, OR again.

2  Thank Talbottca
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had an amazing lunch! My husband asked for no peppers and they complied without issue! Will definitely recommend to friends and family!