The Bay House
Ranked #1 of 109 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Price range: US$15 - US$72
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Southwest Jetty
Description: Since 1978, The Bay House has endeavored to be the best restaurant possible, providing first-class service and creative, fresh, honest food and drink in a gorgeous coastal setting. Recently designated as one of only two AAA 4-Diamond Award restaurants in Oregon, the focus remains on world-class hospitality.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent service, food was great! We especially liked the "tasting" dinner! Our server was first class!

1  Thank barnesddd

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our dinner was very good but attention to detail was not there. We decided to sit in the bar as the dinner room was fairly crowded. Our salads were small but good. My husband's pork chop was fabulous. When my pasta was served it was only pasta and sauce, no scallops as I had ordered.
We ordered dessert. My husband's sorbet was average. They were out of some of the choices.
My bread pudding was dry and tasteless with no custard or egg evident, only cinnamon and dry bread. I tried two bites and left the plate. Prices are on the high side and I expected better than this from The Bay House. We will return but hope next time the food reflects the true nature of the restaurant.

Stephen W, Owner at The Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi, PaddyCakeOregon!

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Bay House. Please accept my humble apologies that it was not exactly what you were hoping for, but if you get back this way again, I hope you'll contact me directly so that I might make amends for the shortcomings you mentioned. Try as we might to 'wow!' everyone who joins us, it's always disappointing to learn that we have failed to do our very best.

I would like to take a moment to clarify a couple of the details you brought up for the benefit of others who read your review.

I am sorry that the dining room was booked when you arrived, but reservations are always recommended as we do not have that much furniture, and I try to keep the number of guests manageable so that we are able to deliver a superior level of service. I am very sorry that the pasta dish served to you was missing the scallops, especially since it was I who served it to you. We have a pasta dish on the Lounge menu that is vegetarian, and I apologize for not noticing the difference before I left the kitchen. You caught this right away, and your dish was returned to the kitchen immediately, completed properly, and represented. As the owner, I was embarrassed, and the staff has had a somewhat humorous field day with my faux pas. Again, I'm so sorry that it was at the expense of the proper serving of your entree. I'm not sure what was 'average' about your husband's sorbet, but a selection of flavors are made fresh daily, and generally guests are pleased with the quality. Regarding the bread pudding, it is inexcusable that it was dry, but it, too, is prepared each day. Hopefully you enjoyed the house-made vanilla ice cream that accompanied it. Pricewise, I continue to promote the 3-course Neighbors to Neighbors menu that you selected from as, "The Best 3-Course, $25 Menu in America." Considering that this is our bar menu, I'm especially proud of what the chef is (usually) able to provide, your case excluded, of course. In this day and age, I challenge anyone to be able to do what we do at the prices we charge. We are not a big money making operation (or even a little money-making operation!), but in general, we offer outstanding value in a market dominated by deep-fried, frozen food.

I hope you will return, and as I mentioned above, I hope you'll call in advance so that I may have a chance to make up for the uncustomarily poor performance you endured.

Cheers!

Steve Wilson
Proprietor

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had dinner tonight at The Bay House and were we ever glad! We were here for Memorial Day Weekend and looking for a nice place for dinner. We called and were told that they were booked until 9pm, however, if we wanted to leave our number, they would call if anyone cancelled. We were so surprised that they called us a few hours later and offered us a reservation. Everything was wonderful, from the time we entered the restaurant, until we left. We had a drink in the bar first, and my husband was excited at all the single malt scotches they had, and at such reasonable prices. After being seated, we were brought some puff pastry with a buerre blanc sauce that was to die for. They also had a wonderful homemade sourdough. My husband and I had the tenderloin, which was cooked to a perfect medium rare, and my brother had the duck, which he was very impressed with. For dessert we had creme brulee and a cheesecake that was yummy! Yes, it was a little pricey, but we enjoyed every morsel. The owner was so friendly and we enjoyed chatting with the waiter. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank nibs
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Yes, this place is fairly spendy. But, food, service and location are all top notch. We were there
on a week night, and given it is before Memorial Day, not crowded, but somewhat busy. I had
their beef tenderloin and my companion had salmon. Both were excellent, and they have a
very good wine selection.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was a really good experience having dinner here. The service was impeccable and so was the food. We had a wonderful view of the sunset. All in all, it was a great exprience