“Everyone helpful!”

Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 7 November 2013

All the staff, and, the manager went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable, and, enjoyed our stay at their hotel. The front desk clerk was new but she was assisted by the manager who made sure we received the proper rate, and, that our room was satisfactory.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the best deal going here in LC, the place is clean, comfortable and the staff is outstanding. Ill never stay anywhere else. Convenient to anywhere. No weird smells, i walked into the room and curtains were blowing as the room was aired out. NICE. no stale smoke either, there is a 500 $ cleani g fee if you do, I love that

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was a return visit for us, and Paul, the new manager (for about a year now), met us at the front desk when we checked in. He was very personable, while at the same time, checking if we had any special needs. We found him most efficient answering any and all of our questions, and to our great satisfaction, we found the place every bit as superb as when we came last year. The room we stayed in was excellent.

Of course, it is to the credit of all the fine staff and wonderful personnel who keep things in tip-top shape. May I point out one woman in particular. Her name is Carmela and she is in charge of the breakfast room (a very large area). During our stay (two nights), she certainly hustled back and forth with the many activities necessary to take care of the morning crowd. And let me say, it is a fine spread they put out for us. What I guess really impressed me, is Carmela remembered me (from over a year ago) and that we really liked our coffee strong. And when she saw me walk in, without mention, she was quickly at it, fixing me what I liked. Naturally, I sure do wish the management would take into consideration; many of us folk do like our coffee strong and dark. I did hear a reason given; that the coffee pouches only come in one size, but never the less, I feel there must to be a way to provide that service. I told Paul, this (the great coffee) was one of the reasons we chose their hotel over all the rest in the area. Regardless, I once again highly recommend this hotel, as I see many others have done the same. We try to travel during the mid-week periods, and sure found a very reasonable rate offered.

Room Tip: Every room is quality but I believe the 3rd floor has a fireplace in every room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thanks, Lloyd! Carmela was delighted to read this review when I showed it to her. That truly is amazing that she remembered you by face and started brewing you an especially strong pot of coffee without you asking! Carmela really is a fabulous employee that we are very lucky to have. What I am going to start doing is having one of the coffee airpots labeled "dark", which will be a specially strong brew.

Thanks again and I hope to see you next year!
Paul

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms were immaculate and I am very picky. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in a motel/hotel. I would definitely recommend and will go back for sure. My husband also said it was the best night's sleep he had in a long time. Also Paul, the manager was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and that had a King size bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thanks Sharon! Immaculate rooms and the most comfortable hotel bed you've ever slept are music to my ears. Cleanliness, a great night sleep and excellent service are the three most important things for a pleasurable hotel stay, and I'm happy we delivered.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

First time at this hotel -- didn't know what to expect. Was pleasantly surprised at both the service and the facility. We were booked for two nights but decided to stay a third night as the rates were excellent and the staff so nice. Would unequivocally recommend the Inn At Wecoma for a great stay in Lincoln City.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our first stay at the Inn at Wecoma which is a pleasant short walk up the hill from the beach in Lincoln City. A comfortable and pleasant stay with breakfast included. They seem to have a commitment to being a eco conscious hotel but there is more they can do.

Public Transport:
- Admittedly there is not a large public transportation network, but there is some and they’ve missed an opportunity to provide information on the website for accessing the hotel and getting around car-free (especially by the North by Northwest CONNECTOR public transit sysem)

Zero Waste:
- TONS of disposable items at the breakfast - plates, cups, bowls, cutlery. With a little bit or organisation and effort all this waste could be a thing of the past and would make the breakfast much more pleasant
- No recycling or composting bins apparent at breakfast
- Disposable plastic toiletries containers rather than the bulk dispensers you find in many eco-conscious Nordic hotels
- Was not provided the option to receive bill via email rather than getting another piece of paper to throw away

Energy:
- No room-key operated electricity controls like in most European hotels to minimise electricity use when no one in the room
- No sensors to turn-off or dim lights in common hallways when not needed
- No apparent on-site generation through solar or thermal hot water

Recycled and Local Products:
+ What looked like recycled paper products in the room
- Missed opportunity of using more local products at breakfast (eg. local jams and spreads rather than generic single use containers) which would make breakfast more pleasant

Environmental Information:
+ Small pamphlet at check-in on environmental initiatives, but a missed opportunity to provide more information in the pamphlet, in room and on website regarding environmental, initiatives, performance / CO2 emissions and targets
- Not listed in Tripadvisor's Green Leaders (although it’s sister hotel in Lincoln City is) but website notes that it is a member of the Green Hotels Association

CO2 Offset
- No option to offset CO2 emissions from stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Eco Travel Critic,
Hats off to you for being critical of hotel's green practices. As a society, we need many more people like you in order to impact meaningful change. Thank you so much for your suggestions on how to lessen our environmental footprint.
However, I do want to point out that the vast majority of our cutlery, silverware, mugs, and glassware are metal, plastic, or ceramic, and that the small amount of disposable paper plates and cups that we do have are for guests who want to take their breakfast to go. Also,we do in fact have pamphlets on our environmental practices and initiatives, which can be found displayed at the front desk.
Furthermore, I think it is worth mentioning our Clean the World partnership in which we donate used soaps, shampoos, and other amenities to Clean the World, a non-profit who reproduces the soaps and distributes them to needy families in areas of the world with limited access to hygiene products.

Thanks again,
Paul

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was our first time staying at the Inn at Wecoma. It was very pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable, (looked exactly as it did in the pictures on their website) the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was adaquate. Overall, the value can't be beat. We only stayed one night but will make this a regular hotel when we go to Lincoln City.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family