“Nice stop while touring the Oregon Coast”

Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good middle of coast line stop while touring the Oregon coast. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable and very pleasant staff. Breakfast was typical of this price hotel and free Wi-Fi came in strong. Lots of places to eat in area. Very impressed on how quite it was. Day we arrived was full house with lots of kids but didn't hear a sound all night. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hello PhilatCR,

Thank you for your great review of the Inn at Wecoma. Our employees strive to provide a great experience and clean rooms for our guests to only worry about "What to do on Oregon Coast?" We've recently upgraded our internet hot spots to provide a better internet experience. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We picked this hotel for a one night stopover based on Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is a nice, clean, and appropriately appointed for a traveling family needing a place to sleep. Complimentary breakfast was standard. The hotel staff was terrific for recommending a nicer place to eat with an ocean view that would be fine with children -- they even printed out the menu for us.
I could only give this place four stars because of the air conditioning issue. The hotel does not have air conditioning, which would usually not be an issue along the Oregon coast. However, we stayed in July and our room was in the front of the hotel overlooking the busy road through town. Our choice was to be uncomfortably warm through the night or open the window for cool air and be kept awake by the loud trucks and other traffic passing by. If you are staying here in the summer, ask for a downstairs room in the back of the hotel.

Hello Jennifer E,

Thank you for your awesome reviews for the Inn at Wecoma. Our employees strive to provide a great experience and a clean room. We apologize that our hotel does not have A/C as we try to be a green hotel. We hope the cool nightly breeze was sufficient during your visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I recently went to Lincoln City for one night on short notice. Normally we always stay in a beachfront hotel but with only a few days to plan, everything was already booked. Based on the reviews from TA I felt comfortable making the reservation here.

I'm glad I did.

Inn At Wecoma is a solid, decent hotel if you don't mind not staying on the beach. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we couldn't get anything closer. It's clean, doesn't smell, affordable and if you stay on one side of the hotel you can see the ocean over the tops of trees and houses.

We stayed in the fireplace jr. suite (I think that's what it is called) and it had a king bed with a loveseat in front of the gas fireplace. Even though it was towards the end of July and was warm, it was still comfortable with the stand up fan they provided. There is no AC in the hotel but it rarely gets so hot at the Oregon coast. It even cooled off enough that by the time we went to bed we turned on the fireplace just to watch it.

Again, if there wasn't a beachfront place available I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank realu2fan

Hello realu2fan,

Thank you for a great review for the Inn at Wecoma. We're happy you booked the family suite that is spacious with a great view of the ocean in front of the fireplace. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel and we couldn't be happier. Check in was real quick and I loved the fact that they called to make sure the room was good. Truthfully I've never had a hotel do that. I was a little worried that since we were facing the highway this time that we might have a lot of highway noise but I honestly never noticed it and neither did anyone else in my party. The breakfast was really good, I liked all the different options, its especially nice if you are staying multiple days, you're not stuck eating cereal the whole time. The rooms were spacious and clean and I liked the fan this time, that was new. It took some of the stuffiness out of the room. The pool and spa were wonderful, my family and I had a great time there. My husband also surprised me with the romance package our last night and I was really surprised on how fast the staff got our room set up. To me half of a good vacation is based on where you stay and Inn at Wecoma always makes me leave with a smile on my face. I know that in the future this will be the first place that I pick when coming to Lincoln city.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms on the backside have distant view of the ocean
1  Thank JollyGreen10

Hello JollyGreen10,

Thank you for a glowing review of the Inn at Wecoma. Our employees strive to ensure you get the best experience on the Oregon Coast. We're happy you got some breakfast to start off your day. Our staff provides a great service for all our packages and we're happy to hear that they were quick to get your surprise romance package placed in your room. We hope to see you again soon, maybe a massage is planned for your next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We decided to stay there after reading the wonderful reviews here. The disappointment was big, nothing special about the place. Nothing. Just a regular over priced good super 8 or similar. Everything was nice, but not more than that. The front desk staff was over kind: calling us the minute we walked in the room to see if everything is all right. I know it sounds weird but it did not feel genuine. The pool is nice, and breakfast was nice too for those who like to eat meat in the morning. Over all, nice place, but I don't understand the raving reviews. Sorry.

Hello Anat S,

Thank you for your review of the Inn at Wecoma. We apologize we didn't meet your expectations, but were happy to hear that everything was good. I hope you try us again or our sister property at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge for an amazing experiece to really write home about.l

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My friend and I took a "girls' mini-vacation" in Lincoln City and I booked us at the Inn at Wecoma because of its reasonable rates and strong reviews. Lovely and immaculate room, good breakfast, friendly and accommodating staff. We were very satisfied.

Room Tip: The second and third floors have balconies and better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Gail C,

Thank you for an awesome review of the Inn at Wecoma. We're happy to chose to stay with us for your girls mini-vacation. Our employees strive to make our guests have a memorable experience with great service, clean room and hearty breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this inn based on the great reviews that we read on tripadvisor. The room was clean, fast wifi, friendly staff, good selection for breakfast with a large eating area. Some reviewers have mentioned the no a/c in the rooms so we knew what to expect. Honestly, it got very cool in the evening that we left our window open to cool the room down and it was not an issue. The room did have a portable fan in it but we never used it. We were happy with our choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello hercules71,

Thank you for a great review of the Inn at Wecoma. We're pleased you were happy with your lodging choice by reading our online reviews. We strive to make your experience memorable and we hope to see you back very soon.