“Semen on the blanket.”

Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Albany, Oregon
“Semen on the blanket.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

When we first contacted hotel staff was very friendly with good rates. Then the nightmare began! THe room was very dirty, layers of dust on all surfaces. When we went to wash our hands in the bathroom sink water poored, and I mean poored, out fromunder the sink all over my feet. Thereis no way if you had used water to wash this sink you would not have know. Dead spiders in the bathtub. Next came the bomb! pulled back the beadspread and there was dried semen on the blanket, yellow and crusty. They happened to be there to install a tv cable, that was completely mising, and made it seem as if semen on the blanket was not any real big deal (what?). We called around for another hotel but on this buesy weekend all were full. Next morning WE CHECKED OUT!! when we asked for a a return of our money for the night they seemed shocked and offended that we would feel the way we did. They stated that it was policy NOT to ever give anything back, EVER. Robert the manager said if I wanted to contact there headquarters to email him and he would be sure to forward it to them (yeah right!). SO long story short STAY AWAY, who knows what you might take home with you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank brett e

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boring, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

I Have to start with I know you get what you pay for. So yes cheap hotel for sure I wasnt expecting 5 star. I was actually overly satisfied to begin with it seemed clean enough and worth the 50 bucks for sure. Woke up in the morning with bed bugs on my pillow. I talked to the front desk they offered me a new room but no refund tried to convince me it was because of my dog we had bed bugs. He did however return the 20 dollar pet fund which no did not cover my cost of taking my dog to be washed before letting her back in my home and my clothes and my friends clothes to be dry cleaned along with throwing out my luggage. Our next room we were given the balcony door didnt open no tub only a dirty shower with a nasty curtain that didnt fit. The hot tub had brown bubbles. I couldnt sleep all night out of fear of bugs but there was not other hotels that I could afford with out the refund they would not give. I was so shocked at how rude they were about my discovery of the bugs if this was my hotel I would have bent over backwards to appease anyone who woke up with bugs in their bed.
So yes very cheap hotel seemed well enough for the price until you look further. I wish it would have been a better place I enjoyed the location and price but there is no way I would go back again.

Room Tip: 219 contained the bugs 217 had lack of cleanliness and non working doors
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary R

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Salem Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Absolutely filthy. No ashtray in smoking room. View of "Lake" is a view of a slough and peoples back yards that live on the slough. The balcony is 18" long, not really a balcony but a slider door you can open. No air conditioning, but a filthy old fan that needs propped up against something. Their towels are mismatched and the colored ones are bleach ruined. No bathtub, only a shower. The sink is rusty and corroded where the overflow drain is, is a huge gaping hole about 3" in circumferance. Very scarey. Dried on cigarette nicotine drips down the walls in the bathroom. Walls that are scarred and very dirty. Don't sit on the sofas or chairs, they are absolutely filthy and havn't been vacuumed probably ever. Try not to touch the lampshades either, they have never been vacuumed, or wiped. When the sun comes in, you can see the woodwork covered in nasty dirty grime. The jacuzzi hot tub was "out of order". I made my reservation from far away and would have appreciated knowing that BEFORE I made my reservation. The shower stall ceiling has blue toothpaste or selsun blue still stuck on it, and I wouldn't stand on that shower stall floor in my barefeet unless held at gunpoint, or spraying it down with antibacterial spray because it's grey and crusty with dirty soap gack. Anyway, I could go on and on, but I need to post this and get out of here before the front desk guy reads it and hunts me down. Please try to find a place that is clean, and that dosn't misrepresent itself. I will tell everyone I know how this place misrepresents itself on the internet. I dearly wish I had my money back. Motel owners should care more about their guests, and their own properties.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mshines
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We just returned from a 3 day stay at the Crown Pacifiq in Lincoln City and although it is most definately not a 5 star resort it wasn't a terrible place as some of the reviews have said, we stayed in room 212, ocean view smoking room and it was just what we had expected, nothing fancy but definately a nice room with a very small balcony and a great view of the ocean/beach which is across the street. Our room was located directly across the hallway from the room where the jacuzzi is located and it was great to go have a nice soak in that after a long day at the beach. As I said, the motel is nothing fancy but the lady who checked us in was very friendly and helped answer a few questions about the area. The continental breakfast consisted of prepackaged pastries, oatmeal, juice, and fruit, once again nothing too fancy but we were satisfied with it. Overall we had a great visit and would definately stay at the property again, where else could you stay in a room with an ocean view in Lincoln City for $53 a night in August?

Room Tip: Definately choose an ocean view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan W
Sandy, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

It cost us $338.00 for 2 nights at this dive. It advertised an ocean and or lake view. We ended up on the ocean side. The first thing we overlooked was an ugly tar roof of the building attached to the motel, then the highway, then the ocean. The lake view was nothing more than a nasty slough. Also if you were on that side you had a nasty dog poop aroma. There was a small place to take your dogs and they did not clean it up. There was old dog poop there and no room to walk without stepping in it. My dogs wouldn't even go there. They do allow dogs which is the only reason we stayed there. I thought it was going to cost us 10.00 for the dogs and it was 40.00. The hallway smelled very strongly of stale cigarettes. They only had one key to give us because apparently the last guest didn't turn theirs in. Guess it would cost too much to make another. It was 80 degrees plus at the beach and there was no air conditioning. I will do my research a little better next time. This was a horrible horrible place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Crown Pacifiq
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sandi G
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Apparently the laws of supply and demand are not in play at the Crown Pacifiq (the "q" adds the klassy?) Motel. We looked at the prices for a room on their website <http://www.directinn.com/018993/index.html> and found them quite reasonable at $79-89 a night. When we called to reserve we talked to a crazy lady (from a call center?) who told us the only rooms available were available for $179!! We pulled up the website with rooms available at $79 and asked her how it was that the rate went up $100 for a week night compared to what is available on their sketchy website (the highest priced room on the website went for $125). Apparently "the price can reach up to $500, the fewer people who stay at the hotel." With no one wanting to stay in this Oregon coast hotel in August--peak travel time, we took this as a bad sign and said no to the hotel. Then she tried to sell us on other hotels in the area so you probably don't want to stay in the Surfrider Resort and the 4 Winds Hotel as they seem to have the same crazy management as this place. This is quite certainly a hotel fail.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank V K
Salem
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

It's the first time we stayed here. It's not a "bad" place, but don't think we will stay again. Very stale ashtray smell throughout the whole place (we don't smoke and asked for a non smoking room, but every time we opened the door to our room, the odor came in from the hall). If you like the smell of cigarettes, than it will be great for you! It's pretty noisy, so bring your ear plugs...could hear normal level conversations (and other activities going on in rooms) very easily.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that is not occupied by someone in the next room or near smokers might help.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple