“Lice Hotel (outake on Heartbreak Hotel)”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, OR
“Lice Hotel (outake on Heartbreak Hotel)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

As was mentioned in other reviews (wish I had seen before I booked) the breakfast was non-existant, there was no wireless or inroom internet.

While the room appeared clean, it wasn't really. My son has contracted lice from this establishment. Yes I'm sure he contracted it here. To top it off when I was checking out a night early (to go to another hotel) the clerk did not believe me. Nor did it seem was going to do anything about the lice issue.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Sleep in your car it has to be safer.

• Liked — Nothing! It's a Dump!
  • Disliked — the lice
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Terrie08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2008

BAD STUFF:
Older run down/shabby hotel. Dirty, tattered, natty.
NO AIR CONDITIONING.
NO LOCKS on sliding glass (exterior) doors
NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST--as advertised--.... 3-day old doughnuts, frozen muffins, and cheap coffee...
NO WIRELESS INTERNET--as advertised-- ("oh, they're working on it")
Hole in room wall
Floor not vacuumed
NO remote control to TV
PHONE wouldn't ring front desk (I had to make it back down 3 floors to ask a question of the desk clerk)

GOOD STUFF:
Nice, friendly staff
Easy covered parking

• Liked — Covered parking
  • Disliked — Lack of delivered promises (no internet, very poor "breakfast", not beachfront)
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

This had to be the worst motel we have ever stayed in! The room stunk and was dirty. The rep. told me there was air conditioning in the rooms, THERE IS NOT!!! There was suppose to be a cont. breakfast, what breakfast!?! There was not anything on either morning! Not even coffee! We were told "She went for supplies" but where did she go? Another state? She never showed up! While walking to my car with my husband and son, there was a couple of "staff members" outside blocking the walk smoking and one blew smoke in my face as I walked by! "OOPS" was all she said and then laughed! There was a loud party on the second night we were there, I called management numerous times and all that happened was the party got louder!! When we finally checked out the guy at the desk didn't say thank you, ask how our stay was or anything! Just grabbed the key from my hand and walked away! Not to mention the female desk person thought she had the right to continually call me "dear"! I wouldn't stay here again if it were the last place on the coast and free!!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank LittleME15
Camas Wa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2006

We stayed at this Motel our last trip to Lincoln City. Our room was filthy and smelled awful. The "free" breakfast was doughnuts cut in half (how cheap a dozen is what $5.00). We never used our balconey as the outdoor chairs had moss growing on them. We let them know we would NEVER be back!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank Lv2besasi
Boise ID
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2006

We came across this place on a whim and got a great rate for 2 people at $70. It was of Motel 6 quality, furnishings and linens were what you would expect for a budget motel. It was clean smelled good for a smoking room. There were 2 beds, table and 2 chairs, a fridge, outside sink/vanity and large bathroom. We had a small balcony overlooking a creek and got to watch some kayaks and people fishing there. At night there were lights twinkling off the water and it was very quiet Its a nice central location near the outlet mall and across 101 from beach access. The front desk lady was helpful and recommended a great coffee shop for breakfast. Its not somewhere we would have planned to stay but it was just fine for a spontaneous adventure and I'm glad we snapped up their last room in a town full of no-vacancies.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends