“Worst hotel I have ever been in”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs major repair. I think they need to shut down to paint, replace windows, doors and remodel rooms. This hotel is in a great location but the owners need to do major repair. I will never stay here again. There is other hotels around that are about the same price that will get my business.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Bernard208

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked a room for 1 night before I read any revues. Price was cheap and available on short notice. I then read the reviews and thought to myself "What did I get myself into?" No time to try and find another hotel so going to have to make the best of it. We checked in a little after 5 pm and the front desk person was quite friendly. We go to our room and instead of a queen bed we have a brand new king. Despite what I've read in other reviews our room was clean. No problems with the bedding. Everything was clean and in good condition. New flatscreen TV, micro wave oven, and coffee maker. We did have an ocean view room with very small balcony but the sliding door would not open. We could hear traffic noise and once in a while someone in the hallway but nothing like I read in other reviews. When we checked out I had a chance to talk with manager and found out that they are really working on making this a better hotel. All rooms have new beds, carpet is fairly new and new TVs. I would have no problem staying here again for an overnight trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side would have less traffic noise from road
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I will NEVER go back ! The room was dirty,walls are so thin that We were kept awake most of the night. Sliding glass door leading to the balcony got stuck while we were out on it and took us 10 minuets to get back in.Items were left under the bed from the last people including smelly shoes and garbage. I could go on and on,just stay away from this one if you want an enjoyable stay.Couldnt wait to get out of there !

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Norma N
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place flat out was a joke not only did they try and make us check in later then the 2;oo oclock that we where going to check in they where rude and very un friendly the front counter guy sucks and the manger is no better.then they charge us a lot more money then when we booked it and also charge us a pet fee when it was going to be no charge if you told them you had dogs.then they wanted to change are room from the 3rd floor to the other side because they said that it was not a dog room well you knew we had dogs and you booked us that room so after all the bull we got to keep are room and when we in are room guess what the dum guy at the counter rented the room to somebody and here they come walking in while we are standing there really...good thing we where not in are bed doing it I will never go back to this place again and I will tell every body not to go there..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Tommy C
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a place for a one night stand so to speak. No tell motel. I did not fine it clean and secure. Clearly on the sliding glass door it is labeled to secure and lock. However the lock is broken! Call the manager and after two calls the very nice man does come up to explain how we need not worry because once he got out of prison he learned.........and he could be up here so fast that......and after ten minutes of his stories I thought why are we here. However the location is nice. I did pay extra to view the ocean. Plenty to eat within walking distance. I won't be back

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hibiscus_KTN
Reviewed 21 April 2013

this hotel was one of the very few I'd EVER go back to. we paid $65 for one night, with a small room. the walls were stained with nicotine drips, the sink had a nasty dark hole in it, the couch was ripped and clearly very dirty. Not a place someone would ever want to bring there kids to. I do not recommend anyone to stay here who has high expectations.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were in a jam and needed a place just for one March night. The sign on the highway said $40 rooms, so with some trepidation we pulled in. The night manager was very friendly and helpful, gave us a nice, clean non-smoking room with 2 beds for $44 (winter rate) including tax. New carpeting in the halls, part of improvements they said they were making. Wi-fi, cable, a tiny balcony that looked out on a slough that feeds into the lake, which we could also see. There's a park with good beach access right across the highway. Top floor rooms may have ocean view. Basic continental breakfast. We had a good experience.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends