“Good value for clean room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Lincoln City

Motel 6 Lincoln City
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Eugene, Oregon
“Good value for clean room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We chose this hotel mostly because we needed to be able to use an elevator during this stay and "the price was right". With AARP discount, it was about $70/night, high for a Motel 6, but it is prime time on the coast! Our room was clean, a newly remodeled bathroom was nice. While you could hear your upstairs neighbors, all was quiet after 11pm. The beds were soft and the old-fashioned kind with wire springs. TV was old-style box, but understand flat screens will arrive in the near future. Our TV froze on one channel, we called for help which arrived in under 10 minutes and it was fixed in 5 min and we had no further problems. The side parking lot is going to be a problem for all but the young as it is on a steep incline. The back parking lot is flat and you can come in the back door that is only a few steps from the lobby. It's all manageable and really people, you can't be expecting the Ritz! We would feel comfortable staying here again. Front desk folks were very friendly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMMotel6Seaside, Manager at Motel 6 Lincoln City, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable, clean, and convenient experience. We are so glad that your stay was peaceful and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Muncie, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here over 2 days week of 8/11, The room, when we arrived, had urine on the floor by the toilet. My son pulled back the covers and found a piece of candy between the bedspread and the blanket, which we didn't have, so they couldn't have changed the beds before we arrived. The lady at the front desk gave us a additional 20% off. Another guest was in the lobby complaining that one of the housekeepers was in his room eating his breakfast, so I guess they just help themselves to your food while they are cleaning? We decided to take our food with us when we went out, along with our other valuables. The room itself smelled of urine, as well as the elevator. They do allow animals here for free, which is a nice amenity in iteself. But definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bzworkinglady
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues right away. We do apologize for any smell that you encountered. We make it a point to ensure that your room smells fresh and is perfectly clean upon arrival and that pet-friendly will never translate to a lesser quality of room and service. We hope that you will change your mind about giving us a second chance and that you will someday return to be impressed by the changes we've made.

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night on a trip down the coast with my parents. First, there is no coffee in room so we had to go to the lobby for it. No hair dryer. No a/c or fan so you have to open the window, but it's too far to hear the ocean. Between the hard bed and loud room, no coffee, it's going to be a long day. There are other similarly priced hotels in the area, I'd choose one of them.

Now, the wifi is decent, the room seemed clean. Had the cost of the room been maybe $30-40 I would stay here. I've stayed at Extended Stay Americas at $30 in Seattle, and there you get a kitchen too.. So this is definitely worth less.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Joshua H
GMMotel6Seaside, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Lincoln City, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave such an honest review about our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback regarding the coffee as well as room ventilation and are glad that you were able to enjoy the WiFi as well as the clean condition of your room. It was a pleasure to serve you and hope you will consider us on your next trip to the area.
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Put my belongings into room, closed door and went to get the rest. On returning, unlocked door to enter room and found that my stuff is missing. Motel staff assures me that this has never happened before. Now it's 3;30 in the morning and I'm still pissed off. Hope the thieving person with no concept of family, enjoys my CPAP as much as I did. By the way, motel staff says the door keys will only work with the room that it's programed to.

Room Tip: Keep somebody in room at all times. Those God-damned thieves you know.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank 100J0hn_C
GMMotel6Seaside, Manager at Motel 6 Lincoln City, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
I am so sorry that your property was lost or stolen during your most recent stay with us, and I want to assure you that we take the security of our guests very seriously. We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.
Edenton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Far and away the most expensive Motel 6 I've ever stayed at, but we were in a touristy town paying touristy prices, and the dog needed to get out of the car. We pulled in a little after 9 on a thursday night with no reservation, and the helpful desk clerk told us where our room was, where the dog exercise area was, where to park to be able to access the outer door to the hotel, and where we might find something to eat at that time of the night. The rooms are not individually accessible from the parking lot, and so you are either going to walk in the front door with all of your stuff or you are going to use one of the side doors and take the stairs or elevator. The parking lot was well-lit, and both the room and the bathroom were spacious and clean. Great shower, and the a/c unit worked well. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank m c
GMMotel6Seaside, General Manager at Motel 6 Lincoln City, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear obxfrequentflyer,

Thank you for your time and effort to share your experience in our hotel. Our accommodations offer comfort and convenience to our guests, especially those travelling with pets. Our pet areas are maintained to give them a homey feeling while on travel. The parking areas we have are well-lit to keep your vehicles and valuables safe and secured.

It is also great to hear that you had a comfortable sleep with our A/C unit and liked our spacious rooms and bathrooms. Your insightful review helps us know what we are doing right and we need to improve more. We value your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Lincoln City.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you don't mind moldy shower curtains, dirty floors, dirty bed linens, a little fuzzy tv, sand paper for toilet paper and no shampoo. Stay here. Your stay will be as bad as mine. I will never stay again.

Room Tip: Call a different motel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sara W
GMMotel6Seaside, Manager at Motel 6 Lincoln City, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay in our hotel. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can benefit from your perspective of our services.
Salem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I recently stayed at Motel 6 with my family, including my 2 year old son and I'm currently 6 months pregnant. We got into the motel and got ready for bed Around 11. I go to pull back the sheets to my bed and you could tell it had been slept in and it was covered in hair and stains. Then there was blood all over the side of the bed. My moms bed was the same and half her bed was actually broken and touching the floor. Then my mother went into the bathroom to find cockroaches! She killed them and the manager came and took them, but not before I took pictures. The whole motel was so gross the hallways smelt like pee and caeser dressing, it was horrible. I don't know how anyone could say it's a nice motel. You can go right down the street to the palace inn for the same price and you will feel like your staying at the queens mansion compared to that nasty nasty motel 6.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMMotel6Seaside, Manager at Motel 6 Lincoln City, responded to this review, 23 July 2014