“Perfect scallops”

Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located OCEANFRONT on the Inn At Spanish Head's 10th floor, Fathoms Restaurant & Bar offers spectacular Oregon coast views, fresh seafood, juicy steaks and other Northwest specialties. Fathoms Bar features classic hand-shaken cocktails and fresh squeezed juices. Enjoy an array of appetizers, then relax with the best ocean view on the Oregon coast.Open daily for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We offer Early Bird Dinners from $10.50, if ordered before 5:30pm, any day of the week. Holiday Brunches are a favorite along with our seasonal Sunday Brunches that begin July 2,2017-Sept.10,2017. Reservations suggested for dinner and large parties.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

On our recent visit to Lincoln City, and much yummy seafood, we tried to return to a very tasty restaurant we had tried for lunch to try their dinner menu. They were booked, but referred us to Fathoms. We were a little hesitant when we first walked in, they did not seem to interested, but seated us immediately. I ordered the pan seared scallops, hubby ordered the crab salad, with an appetizer. Everything was fantastic and so tasty. The presentation was great too! I have to say, Lincoln City and surrounding areas have the best seafood on the coast line. The only thing I would say should be worked on is the service. While our waiter was nice, he seemed a little unfamiliar with the menu. The hostess should also cheer up. She is the restaurant's first impression.

1  Thank Sirbennie
There are newer reviews for Fathoms Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We decided on and made reservations at Fathoms in the Inn at Spanish Head for our 42nd anniversary dinner. The restaurant is located on the 10th floor which is 14 floors above the ocean. I will let you figure that out. Normally the views are spectacular where at times you can almost see the curvature of the earth in the distance. Not so this trip, Warning to travelers- August and September can be very foggy at the beach. Such was today.

Service was excellent. We started with an appetizer of crab and artichoke dip with chips which was very good. The artichoke slightly overpowered the crab which, in our opinion could have been a little more chunky. When shredded, Dungeness Crab can loose it's distinctive flavor to the heavy sauces and ingredients of the dip. That being said, rest assured that we didn't leave any for the waiter to clean up. Previously they brought some nice warm sourdough bread to the table which, unfortunately isn't on my diet. If it wa, I would have used it with the dip rather than the chips.
For main courses I ordered a pound of King Crab while my wife got the saffron risotto with chicken. We first got our salads which were fine as salads go. My wife really enjoyed her entre. The saffron sauce was a little thin and not as creamy as it should be but the taste was very nice.
The king crab was a little overcooked in my opinion. I found the taste nice but the crab was dry and a little difficult to remove from the shell. I have grown rather fond of those restaurants that go ahead and split the crab length wise. Make the crab easier to get to than with crab crackers and (with king crab) you have more chance of avoiding bloodshed on the sharp spines.
For desert we got the key lime pie and the creme brulee. Both had nice flavor but the creme brulee needed a little more flaming to get a good thick crunchy crust although, thank goodness, it wasn't served straight out of a refrigerator which I consider a creme brulee sin.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went for dinner on 8/7/14 at 7:30 pm. When we arrived, we were asked if we had a reservation. When we said no, we were told there would be a significant wait unless we would accept a table for 2 in the middle of the room. Not ideal, and we asked if we could dine in the bar area. We were told we could, but only off of a small tapas and burger menu. We opted for the table in the middle and the hostess said she had to seat two other parties first. So we sat to wait, at a cocktail table very near the hostess podium. We wanted a cocktail but the bar staff was very busy and harried. A server acknowledged us briefly, and after 5 or so min. our drink order was taken. While waiting, the asst. mgr. asked if we were waiting for a table and said we were, but we had not been re approached by the hostess(who was standing behind the podium, writing)so we decided on eating off the bar menu at a table by a window in the bar so we could see the sunset. Not a good choice either. Our server, who was very nice, but very harried and quite "disconnected" did what appeared to be his best, but the service was spotty at best. The food was ok- nothing spectacular, given that we were hoping for a full meal when we arrived.
My biggest complaints were the hostess, who was clueless, the service quality, and the not so clean bar area. They really need to do a deep clean in the bar area- not appetizing at all.

1  Thank Martha M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great food experience! Our server Jeronimo was fantastic! I loved the salmon and the chipotle glaze was just delicious!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved the view, the service and the food. The crab cocktail for a starter was awesome. Be sure to make a reservation as it is not an overly large room. They also have early dining specials if you like eating at that time.