All reviewsrose petalsromantic getawayhot tubpacific suiteour honeymoonoregon coastget awayoverlooking the oceanjet tubprivate deckmaster bedroombeach accessopened the doorromance packagegreat viewbeautiful roomgas fireplace
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We booked the two-bedroom suite on the top floor for three nights as part of a trip to celebrate my husband's mom's 85th birthday. It was all we hoped for and more! The hotel is right on the beach, so the view from the balcony (and the windows in the living room and main bedroom) is absolutely gorgeous.
The living room area is warm and inviting with a huge comfy sectional facing the TV and the fireplace. Sliders lead to a private balcony complete with hot tub overlooking the beach. There's a small full kitchen (with dire warnings not to put any seafood in the refrigerator, so we bought a cooler for some of our leftovers and the smoked fish we bought), and a nice dining table for four. There is also a full-size washer & dryer; we stayed halfway through a 12-day trip so it was wonderful to be able to do laundry. Detergent and even dryer sheets provided!
MIL had the ocean-front room, with its own bathroom and a big jacuzzi tub just under the huge west-facing window. She loved it! For our bedroom, the bath was across a hallway but that was fine. Rose petals, crisp white robes, and chocolates were on both beds when we arrived. Even tho we're far from honey-mooners, we loved those little touches.
The front desk staff was helpful when we needed them; there are DVDs to rent in the lobby.
We really enjoyed Lincoln City -- a quirky town that's actually a fairly recent consolidation of five little towns. Each section has its own personality, and we were charmed. Found some GREAT restaurants, including Blackfish Cafe, Wildflower Grill, and, for breakfast, Pig 'n' Pancake.
Lincoln City was the highlight of our trip, and it was largely because Starfish Manor was such a luxurious, well-equipped, peaceful place.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank wythany
Reviewed 8 August 2008

My husband and I booked this hotel as part of our Oregon Coast Road trip. We loved it! We stayed in a brand new room with an oceanfront balcony. The sunset was breathtaking! And although the Oregon coast is chilly, our in-room fireplace kept us cozy. We liked the suite so much that instead of going out for dinner, we ordered a pizza and sat on the balcony all night.

This place is treat!

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank beetravel6
Reviewed 3 August 2008

I was very nervous about booking this hotel after reading some of the lower reviews about it, but I can happily say that we found none of them to be true. We stayed here during our honeymoon and it was well worth it. This place is amazing and I would recomend it to everyone. The staff is helpful, the hotel is comfortable and the view is beautiful. It is the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. It has a fridge, a microwave, and I was happy to see that they provide dishes and silverwear. The private deck is great and there are no buildings between you and the ocean, just a beautiful beach and sunset. It is a very short walk to the steps leading to the beach, and it is in a very nice area along the beach. This is such a nice place, if you choose to stay here you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Persephone1234P
Reviewed 30 July 2008

My partner and I live in the Prairies and wanted to vacation at the Oregon coast for a totally different change of scene.

When I was researching accommodations, I was looking for a place oceanfront where we could really experience where we were... not just another hotel in anywhere North America.

This place it IT!! The ocean, the beach - all right outside your room so you can truly be on the coast. It's a short walk and some stairs to get to the beach or soak in the hot tub and enjoy the view from your room. It's everything it should be.

If you are looking for a beach party, go somewhere else. This place is quiet, peaceful, classy and presented extremely well.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank PrairieDogAB
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Having never been to the Oregon coast, I researched numerous cities and hotels before selecting the Starfish Manor for our recent time away. After three blissful days spent strolling the beach, breathing the sea air, and sharing incredibly beautiful sunsets with my husband on our private oceanfront balcony, I'm convinced there is no better choice to be made in Lincoln City for a quiet getaway .

The accommodations are soothing in decor and very thoughtfully designed -- your needs have been anticipated, so you simply show up and relax ...it's much more like staying in a home or condo than a hotel, really, and the soft and yummy bedding is truly the icing on the cake.

This property does limit the age of their guests to a minimum of 12 years old, which largely contributes to the atmosphere of tranquility and romance; this guideline is clearly stated as you make your arrangements, and there are plenty of lodging choices within a stone's throw of the Starfish Manor that happily accommodate families with young children -- honestly, this was one of the things I loved about my stay!

Upon returning home, the first thing we did was make reservations for a repeat stay next year, and I have to confess that I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. If you're looking for a few quiet moments to refuel, reconnect, and fall in love all over again, look no further!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Quiltwench